PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Beltran

Jiggy_12
10-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Hit the game winning home-run tonight, his 8th of the post season. That ties bonds for the all-time record which took him 17 games to accomplish. Beltran has done it in 8 games. He's also hit a HR in 5 straight games, a new playoff record.

Talk about a big game player, this guy is nuts.

JiriHrdina
10-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Yup. This guy is just unreal right now. The pitch he hit wasn't even a strike.

Good to see at least one of the CS's has turned into a series. I predicted an Astros victory at the start of this series and I stand by that.

habernac
10-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Some great individual performances this year in baseball's post season. The aforementioned Beltran, I hate the Yankees but Hideki Matsui is massacring the opposition, Albert Pujols has been awesome and Larry Walker is having a great year. Other than the Sox/Yankees series, the playoffs have been a real treat!

Displaced Flames fan
10-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Carlos Beltran was the MVP of the AA Wichita Wranglers 6 short years ago.

Sylvanfan
10-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Funny how a Scott Boras client would absolutely tear it up going into unrestricted free agency in the offseason. I smell consipracy <_<

Seriously Beltran has been unreal in the last 5 games. This postseason is all about the hitters, and the pitchers are taking the backseat or a beating for the most part. If Houston can avoid trucking Clemens and Oswalt out on 2 days rest again, than they do have the pitching advantage.