PDA

View Full Version : Ron Mexico is in trouble again?

Flames in 07
01-19-2007, 03:43 PM
So Ron Mex ... I mean Mike Vick is in trouble for carrying around a coke bottle with a component inside it that had been storing a little herb.

Wow, people talk about how he is a coach killer, jeez, he's a franchise killer. He has a massive deal, he is always in trouble (see Ron Mexico, see flipping off the fans, see possition of illegal drugs) and worst of all, he isn't that good.

Sucks to be a Falcons fan, at least they didn't give up much for him :blink:

Sylvanfan
01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Sucks to be a Falcons fan, at least they didn't give up much for him :blink:

:D Yeah no doubt.

The Chargers are probably cringing at the next time they have the number one pick. No ones going to be willing to take it off their hands given how the last two worked out.

Flames in 07
01-19-2007, 04:09 PM
:D Yeah no doubt.

The Chargers are probably cringing at the next time they have the number one pick. No ones going to be willing to take it off their hands given how the last two worked out.

Ha, remember Ryan Leaf?

"Knock it Off!!"

Sylvanfan
01-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Ha, remember Ryan Leaf?

"Knock it Off!!"

Oh man, I was like who's the guy who went ahead of him again...I remember some analysts saying Leaf was the better player and would have a better career. Than I remembered....Peyton Manning! Ha ha ha ha. Talk about getting a Ferrari behind door number 1 and a Pinto behind door number 2.

Flames in 07
01-19-2007, 04:15 PM
ya, and at the time they were #1 and #1A.

At Washington State, Leaf would pull rabbits out his a**, but his teammates hated him.

He just wasn't mature enough to deal with the NFL. He was on the sidelines during one of the early bowl games this year and seems a little more composed now. He's coaching QB's at a Div II school right now.

CaramonLS
01-20-2007, 09:56 AM
In Atlanta, they should start doing something totally off the wall, like have 2QB sets or something crazy like that. Schawb and Vick could play pass in the backfield and completely baffle the defense.

KTown
01-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Ron Mexico has to be the best name ever I love it.

Displaced Flames fan
01-21-2007, 11:10 AM
ya, and at the time they were #1 and #1A.

At Washington State, Leaf would pull rabbits out his a**, but his teammates hated him.

He just wasn't mature enough to deal with the NFL. He was on the sidelines during one of the early bowl games this year and seems a little more composed now. He's coaching QB's at a Div II school right now.

Million dollar talent, 2$ attitude.

Not only is he not the best QB to come from the state of Montana, he's not even the best to come out of Great Falls. :bag:

Leaf should've given Dave Dickenson 4 inches of his height since he is never going to use it.

Flames in 07
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Million dollar talent, 2$ attitude.

Not only is he not the best QB to come from the state of Montana, he's not even the best to come out of Great Falls. :bag:

Leaf should've given Dave Dickenson 4 inches of his height since he is never going to use it.

Well, I have to disagree there.

Leaf > Dickenson in terms of talent anyways. He had an unreal Sr year at WSU. I get that he's a lemon a$$, but he was a better QB than Dickenson.

Someone said on ESPN radio that Atl should look to deal Vick to Oakland for their #1 pick. That actually makes sense to me.

Al Davis loves athletic players and never cares what they are paid. And ATL is not going anywhere with Vick. He has managed to make 3 first round WR's look average at best. He has no heart and ATL doesn't really know how to fully utilize him anyway.

Pagal4321
01-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Soooo, which team is going to take Mr. Mexico....I have little doubt that he will be in a Falcons uniform after July.

Displaced Flames fan
01-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Well, I have to disagree there.

Leaf > Dickenson in terms of talent anyways. He had an unreal Sr year at WSU. I get that he's a lemon a$$, but he was a better QB than Dickenson.

The talent issue is obvious, but Leaf is out of football and Dickenson has won championships and is still playing. How is he NOT the better QB?

Flames in 07
01-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Leaf is more talented, but is a lemon a$$.

Leaf was an early first round pick, Dickenson wasn't even drafted. That's how.

I don't like leaf, and really like Dave, but Leaf was a better QB in his day.

Displaced Flames fan
01-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Leaf is more talented, but is a lemon a$$.

Leaf was an early first round pick, Dickenson wasn't even drafted. That's how.

I don't like leaf, and really like Dave, but Leaf was a better QB in his day.

Ah...ok.

Exactly when was 'his day'?

You're logic is flawed, IMO...but to each his own.

Flames in 07
01-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Sr at WSU

we simply are usuing different criteria to measure QB's. It's not flawed logic.

Displaced Flames fan
01-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Sr at WSU

we simply are usuing different criteria to measure QB's. It's not flawed logic.

Yeah, I guess we are.

Dickenson won a national championship his senior year.

By your logic, Ty Detmer is one of the greatest QB's off all time.

Flames in 07
01-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Dickenson won a NC in his Sr year?

OK. There are about 117 teams in the div I that would say that the Grizzleys are were not, nor have ever been NC's. Now that's poor logic.

They won a irrelvant tourneyment so they could jump un and down at the 50 and chant we're #118! we're #118!

You clearly never saw him play. And by your logic every cast off that goes to the CFL is the best ever. I never said he was the best ever, I said he was better than Dickenson. I guess me, and every football scout on earth were wrong aboud Dave being a incredible QB. Somebody in the NFL better scoop you up while you still know everything.

Displaced Flames fan
01-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Dickenson won a NC in his Sr year?

OK. There are about 117 teams in the div I that would say that the Grizzleys are were not, nor have ever been NC's. Now that's poor logic.

They won a irrelvant tourneyment so they could jump un and down at the 50 and chant we're #118! we're #118!

You clearly never saw him play. And by your logic every cast off that goes to the CFL is the best ever. I never said he was the best ever, I said he was better than Dickenson. I guess me, and every football scout on earth were wrong aboud Dave being a incredible QB. Somebody in the NFL better scoop you up while you still know everything.

Now it gets nasty? ok. I can play that game.

Dickenson DID indeed win a National Championship his senior year...and the Griz have won 1 more since. There are some great, great players who have come out of divison I-AA. Walter Payton, Brian Westbrook, Randy Moss, Chad Pennigton and Jerry Rice come to mind. No, Dickenson was not drafted....the main reason being his height.

I saw both Leaf and Dickenson play in college, several times. Both were phenomenal. Dickenson won the Walter Payton award as the outstanding 1_AA Player his senior year. Dickenson has taken every professional opportunity that has come his way and made the best of it. He's a winner. Leaf had the world on a platter and ****ed it away. Dickenson has been far, far, far more successful. How anyone can claim that a guy who couldn't cut it in pro football is better QB than Dickesnon amazes me. Clearly leadership and mental toughness are two qualities that contribute to the makeup of a successful QB...all the great ones have both. Leaf had neither. Dickenson may lack the size and some element of natural athleticism, but he is a leader and able to overcome adversity. He's a winner. Leaf's career ended with a Rose Bowl loss.

By the way, all I have said is Dickenson is a better QB than Ryan Leaf. Never said anything about 'best ever'...those were your words.

Flames in 07
01-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Now it gets nasty? ok. I can play that game.

Dickenson DID indeed win a National Championship his senior year...and the Griz have won 1 more since. There are some great, great players who have come out of divison I-AA. Walter Payton, Brian Westbrook, Randy Moss, Chad Pennigton and Jerry Rice come to mind. No, Dickenson was not drafted....the main reason being his height.

I saw both Leaf and Dickenson play in college, several times. Both were phenomenal. Dickenson won the Walter Payton award as the outstanding 1_AA Player his senior year. Dickenson has taken every professional opportunity that has come his way and made the best of it. He's a winner. Leaf had the world on a platter and ****ed it away. Dickenson has been far, far, far more successful. How anyone can claim that a guy who couldn't cut it in pro football is better QB than Dickesnon amazes me. Clearly leadership and mental toughness are two qualities that contribute to the makeup of a successful QB...all the great ones have both. Leaf had neither. Dickenson may lack the size and some element of natural athleticism, but he is a leader and able to overcome adversity. He's a winner. Leaf's career ended with a Rose Bowl loss.

By the way, all I have said is Dickenson is a better QB than Ryan Leaf. Never said anything about 'best ever'...those were your words.

Read your freaking posts YOU introduced the best ever claim, I replied with the same wording as you to show how dumb it was.

And it's just laughable that winning a Div II tourney wins you a NC. What a joke, it is clear that you are thinking objectively and not a silly little homer of a school in a irrelevant division. BTW, do you want me to list the pro players who have come from Div I for you? Big deal, a few guys come from Div II, it doesn't make it top tier football.

You can't compare Leaf to Dickenson in College ball. One played against PAC10 defences and the other played against players who couldn't play in the real college divisions. Apples and Oranges.

But you are right about one thing, Leaf never had heard, and I wouldn't pay him a dime to do anything ... I'm just simply saying that at the same point in their career, Sr in College, Leaf was better.

Displaced Flames fan
01-21-2007, 08:12 PM
I said he was the best ever from GREAT FALLS. Maybe you should read my posts.

Since you can't even get the division classifications right I think it is pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

You are simply saying Leaf was better when they were seniors in college...I won't argue that...and I never have. But, Ryan Leaf is not the best QB to come from Great Falls, MT. Dave Dickenson is.

Flames in 07
01-21-2007, 08:13 PM
I was referring to this Einstein

Talk about reading posts correctly.

I just make a small comment comparing the two, and you turn it into your own little homer vendetta.

Displaced Flames fan
01-21-2007, 08:42 PM
I was referring to this Einstein

Talk about reading posts correctly.

I just make a small comment comparing the two, and you turn it into your own little homer vendetta.

How is it a homer vendetta? They're BOTH Montanans.

I have stuck to my original statement. You said I was wrong. Then you came back and qualified your disagreement by saying Leaf was a better college QB.

I guess I'm still lost as to why you are even arguing with me on this.

Flames in 07
01-21-2007, 08:50 PM
By ignoring my last post I'll assume that you have figured out that the greatest QB of all time comment was rediculous.

They both are from Montanta, but one of them played for one of those flags you have waiving right?

I simply said I thought Leaf was better and you were the one who got personal. Again, like your silly best ever comment, read your posts.

Displaced Flames fan
01-21-2007, 08:59 PM
By ignoring my last post I'll assume that you have figured out that the greatest QB of all time comment was rediculous.

They both are from Montanta, but one of them played for one of those flags you have waiving right?

I simply said I thought Leaf was better and you were the one who got personal. Again, like your silly best ever comment, read your posts.

Again, best ever from Great Falls. How is that ridiculous? Wow.

For the record, I follow Wazzu football as close as any division 1 program. I didn't get personal, you did. Read back through the thread. You're the one that got nasty.

Flames in 07
01-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Dude, you said were the one who said my logic was flawed, when it was as simple as using two different criteria.

Just turn the page.

Displaced Flames fan
01-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Dude, you said were the one who said my logic was flawed, when it was as simple as using two different criteria.

Just turn the page.

You must be the only person in the world who would use that criteria to judge two football players.

Whatever the case, page is turned.

Thanks for all the insults.