PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen lose heartbreaker 1-0

Incinerator
10-15-2004, 10:31 PM
But at least everyone got Bic trial size pink razors...they were handing them out to 8 year old kids! :blink:

Oxygen-Supply
10-16-2004, 12:33 AM
that sucks ;_; :boh:

Fire
10-16-2004, 12:41 AM
Go Tigers!

Flickered Flame
10-16-2004, 06:06 AM
From what I understand the Tigers outplayed the Hitmen which is really no surprise. The Tigers are the top in the dub right now and probably will be for the most of the year. I heard the double minor to Andrew Ladd was a suspect call with about 3 minutes to go or so.

Resolute 14
10-16-2004, 10:20 AM
The Ladd call itself wasnt suspect, the officiating surrounding the call was. Ladd did highstick his opponent, so deserved the penalty. However, the referee was on the Tigers side all night long. By the last ten minutes, Medicine Hat knew they could do anything on the ice and not get called. As a result, they were roughing and crosschecking guys all over the ice before and after Ladd's penalty.

PIM: Calgary 24, Medicine Hat 2. With the exception of O'malley's misconduct, all of Calgary's penalties were deserved. But there is no way in hell Medicine Hat played a clean game themselves. Quite frankly, I think the Hitmen should have filed a written protest of this game.

As it is, Bowles played probably the best game of his carreer, and even though Medicine Hat played well enough to win, Bowles should have earned the tie.

As for Ladd, this idiot needs to be benched. Not for a period, not for a game. For a WEEK. He hasnt played a good game yet. He is floating around the ice as if he doesnt need to be in junior anymore. He is a 4th overall pick in the NHL, therefore he doesnt have to try anymore. He is taking lazy penalties, and the effort just is not there. He cost us the point last night.

Sit his ass in the press box for a couple games, then dump him on the 4th line until he proves he deserves to move up.

Mean Mr. Mustard
10-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Snake, I agree with you on all of your points expect one. I thought Bowles didn't play very well at all. Actually I noticed two or three posts (clean ringing off the iron type posts), and another 3 where he left a really big rebound out that if the Tigers would have had a bit more luck they would have potted a couple.

Also that penalty on Ladd near the end, he diserved that undoubtably. pretty bad high stick. There should have been a couple more penalties on the Tigers but the Hitmen played a game where they really didn't diserve to win.

Also Ladd did nothing out there, not a single thing, looked lazy actually.

kipperfan
10-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Mean Mr. Mustard@Oct 16 2004, 04:31 PM
Snake, I agree with you on all of your points expect one. I thought Bowles didn't play very well at all. Actually I noticed two or three posts (clean ringing off the iron type posts), and another 3 where he left a really big rebound out that if the Tigers would have had a bit more luck they would have potted a couple.

Also that penalty on Ladd near the end, he diserved that undoubtably. pretty bad high stick. There should have been a couple more penalties on the Tigers but the Hitmen played a game where they really didn't diserve to win.

Also Ladd did nothing out there, not a single thing, looked lazy actually.
You didnt read snake's post vert well. He said the best game of BOWLES career, and I agree. Bowles ussualy looks much worse, i didnt see any of the typical mental lapses, he covered the angles well, and only gave up minimal rebounds.

I probably havent seen him play better

Resolute 14
10-16-2004, 12:26 PM
What Kipperfan said.

The only thing holding the Hitmen back is goal (and Jeff Schultz, who is 6'7" but plays like he is 5'7"). I'm not sold on Bowles, and while Festa had his issues, I'm not sold that he was the better choice than Festa.

That said, Bowles gave up fewer wild rebounds last night than he did against Kootenay, who I'm not sure reached 20 shots overall. It was his best game, but if we are going to win the league, he needs to be even better.

Mean Mr. Mustard
10-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Bowles looked shakey at best though, I really haven't seen a lot of him so I was just stating that he didn't look very good in the game. He was the most obvious weak spot on the team. He was very lucky he only let one in. I was just posting my observations.

albertGQ
10-16-2004, 01:57 PM
How did Getzlaf reply to his third period benching last game? Did he take any stupid penalties last night?

kipperfan
10-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Mean Mr. Mustard@Oct 16 2004, 07:19 PM
Bowles looked shakey at best though, I really haven't seen a lot of him so I was just stating that he didn't look very good in the game. He was the most obvious weak spot on the team. He was very lucky he only let one in. I was just posting my observations.
sadly..."shakey at best" may be Bowles best :D

kipperfan
10-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by albertGQ@Oct 16 2004, 07:57 PM
How did Getzlaf reply to his third period benching last game? Did he take any stupid penalties last night?
I thought he looked slow in the first 2 frames, came on a bit on the third, not up to par though. Had a couple of nice "solo" efforts, Getlaff needs to be better, especially verus a team of the tigers skill and speed.

He did stay out of the box though ;)

Resolute 14
10-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Getzlaf was alright. He was throwing the body a bit, which is good. Made a few neat plays, but the Tigers speed bottled him up. Both Getzlaf and Pushkarev would be better if they lost the deadweight on their line though.