Alright, I have a trade offered to me, it's a 14 team dynasty league:

I'd get:
Ryan Getzlaf
Kari Lehtonen

I'd give:
Ray Whitney
Manny Fernandez
Niklas Backstrom

Little information on the league, it's a start 3 center, 5 winger league, little different but it seems to have made wingers more valuable. I basically already have my keepers in Thornton, Kopitar, [Justin]Williams, Rick Nash, Todd Bertuzzi(this might change). My other goalie is Marty Turco.

Basically, I'm fine with assists every week, so losing Whitney won't hurt me there. But would Lehtonen be a better keeper choice over Turco? And is losing Whitney to upgrade my goaltending by a wee bit worth it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

bluejays
01-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I would keep the players you have. Whitney's gone in a couple seasons, if not after this one, so forget him either way. Getzlaf doesn't seem to put up as many points as he has the potential to, and it doesn't look like it will change any time soon, and down the road, a bonafide guy like Backstrom to play with Ovechkin will take away from some of Ovechkin's numbers (or perhaps increase them), but case in point, Backstrom will get some good numbers playing with Ovechkin regardless if he plays up to par or not. Lehtonen is definitely a really good goalie (although he appears to be like Medvedev at times), but Fernandez is no slouch either, and he's still relatively young. You can probably ride it out with Fernandez a few years then make a deal for Lehtonen a few years down the road. I'd keep the players you got for sure.

Heaton
01-06-2007, 09:21 PM
It's not that Backstrom, it's the Minnesota's backup Backstrom.

bluejays
01-07-2007, 02:51 PM
It's not that Backstrom, it's the Minnesota's backup Backstrom.

Then what's the question!? No doubt you make the deal!