PDA

View Full Version : MLB TV Questions

RedHot25
01-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi Everyone!

Well my wife got me an offseason subscription to Major League Baseball's MLB TV. Its kind of neat, only 14 or 15 bucks until the start of the season and you basically get access to their archives (nothing like listening to the entire game that Willie Mays made his famous catch on!), special shows, and the ability to watch all the spring training games.

Anyways, I'm toying with the idea of getting it for the actual season. Has anyone here had it/or plan on having it for the entire season? I have a couple of questions:

-we don't have cable tv, so we don't get any games on TV. That said, because I am in Canada, I am classified as Blue Jays territory so "all local games are blacked out". I would assume that this means the games played in Toronto, but not those in the states? I would be able to watch 1/2 the Jays games then...? (i.e. I could watch the Jays at the Yanks, but not the Red Sox at the Jays)?

I am a big Jays fan so that is a major reason in getting it.

-Anyone that has had it...thoughts in general about it? What were some of the perks? Drawbacks? Etc...?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks, a Jays fan.

Flames in 07
01-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I had it last year, but never used it for Jays games, my guess is that all Jays games are blackedout as it would compete with broadcasters. I'd double check that on their website.

RedHot25
01-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I had it last year, but never used it for Jays games, my guess is that all Jays games are blackedout as it would compete with broadcasters. I'd double check that on their website.

Thanks, I figured probably that.

what did you think of the overall service?

KipperIsGod
01-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I have MLB.TV and Love it. Blue Jays games are blacked out but after the game, you can watch the archive of it. I've never had a problem with it, it runs fine on my computer. All sports should learn from the MLB and hopefully make it so you can watch games on your computer!