PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff Prediction thread

Sylvanfan
01-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Saturday games

Chiefs at Colts

I'm a Chiefs fan but I'll try to be objective. Indy reminds me a bit of the 2003 Chiefs with a team who can pile up a lot of points, but can also give them up in bunches too. They're great at home but very mediocre on the road. Manning is a top notch QB and Harrison and Wayne are pro bowlers for good reason. Joseph Addai also had a pretty good season too making many say Edgerrin who. Still the Colts defence struggled against the run and did allow more points and yards against than any other AFC playoff team. Adam Vinatieri is clutch, and Hunter Smith....well he doesn't play too much at home.

The Chiefs have Larry Johson who they use a lot. Some might say too much. Trent Geen has looked awfull in the past few weeks. So guess what, KC will try to run the ball. Indy will try everything they can think of to stop the run. On defence the Chiefs are improved but are still vulnerable to the pass. Which is Indy's strength. But the Chiefs have tricky special teams as Bernard Pollard blocked three punts and Dustin Colquitt is a decent punter.

I think the Colts will take this one 35-10 because the Chiefs will start Trent Green, not get the run going early, give up a TD on the first drive and than Trent Green will throw two more TD passes for the Colts. Still KC owes Indy, and maybe good old Lamar will lend a hand (or put Huard in after the first play and catch the Colts off guard). Go Chiefs!

Cowboys at Seahawks

Teams have tape on Tony Romo now, they can neutralize him a bit. Alexander is running the ball well lately for the Seahawks and the Cowboys D has been brutal lately. The Seahawks usually find ways to lose, but not this week they take this one easily but the score won't really show it.
Seahawks 38-28.

Jets at Patriots

Jets were pretty hot down the stretch and posted an impressive 10-6 record to make the playoffs in Eric Mangini's first season. The Pats were also pretty good too in December save a terrible game in Miami. I liken the Jets to last years Jaguars a team that had an easier schedule, led by a young up and coming coach and won the games they should have. But come playoffs they'll go into Foxboro to face an experienced Patriot team with Bill Bellichek. Mangini knows Bellichek, but he'll lose this round to the teacher.
Pats 21-9

Giants at Eagles

Eagles were good down the stretch as Jeff Garcia rallied them for 4 straight wins. In fact the McNabb injury probably was a blessing as the Eagles actually used Westbrook as a running back. Imagine that use your best player for what he's supposed to do. Giants won 2 of their final 6 to scrape in with an 8-8 record. Tiki Barber saved their ass to get himself one more game in his career. The Eagles won't give him another.
Eagles 30-13

Flickered Flame
01-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Pats in a blowout.
Eagles in a blowout.
Seahawks in a close game.
Chiefs in the upset of the week.

browna
01-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Pats. Close game, Brady pulls through.

Giants. Not sure why...I don't like the Giants but the stars will align and they'll get some breaks to slp by the Eagles.

Seahawks. Some confidence from last week on offence. I think the injuries to the secondary last week are a bit of a blessing. Its a trouble spot for the team in crunch time the last few years...but, as long as they have decent enough athletes to fill in I think Holmgren will simplify the coverages for the fresh blood in the secondary, and prevent the big play that burns the Seahawks once every few weeks. I fully expct something in the next couple days out of the Dallas camp to keep that 3 ring circus, and the media, busy with non game things too.

Colts. Too much for the Chiefs under the Dome. If it was in KC, different story.

Philly06Cup
01-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Good thread.

Wild Card Weekend Predictions:

Eagles win easily. Shockey throws a hissy fit. Coughlin still loses his job.
Cowboys beat Seattle, with Glenn and Owens exposing their secondary, leading many Seahawk fans asking for Holmgren's head.
Jets lose in the first round, like everyone thought they would.
As miracle would have it, Trent Green is hurt in his first series, Damon Huard comes in, and leads the Chefs to beat the Colts.

flames_1987
01-03-2007, 12:30 AM
The Colts are too good at home, Peyton is literally going to win this game and maybe one more by himself for this team. Johnson will have a good game but the Colts will suprise almost everyone by limiting his yards. Bob Sanders is just that important to the defense that he will make an impact. The ex factors in it all, Dante Hall, and Dallas Clark. One of these guys is going to make a big play. If it was at Arrowhead, I'm ntot sure but in the Dome I like Indy 35-24

Dallas is just a football team that is lost and the Seahawks playing at home are going to walk over them.

Rightfully so nobody is giving the Jets a chance against the Pats. They may get a scare, and a loss would defintley be the end to the Patriots "mystique". So as much as I see NE winning, I'll take the Jets because I just hate the Patriots so much.

Philly in a walk.

OILFAN #81
01-03-2007, 01:11 AM
COLTS by 14. Manning and the boys are too good at the RCA dome. The defense leaves some concerns but the offense will be unstoppable in the win.

PATRIOTS by 10. Tom Brady will show why he is a great playoff QB once again and will lead the Pats to a comfortable win.

EAGLES by 7. This game will be closer then most think but the Eagles will continue their roll and win a tight game.

SEAHAWKS BY 3. Game is won on a late FG. Eagles d will limit the Cowboys offense to short gains and will contain Romo.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! The loss to the Steelers last year still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

flamesrule14
01-03-2007, 05:26 AM
Pats over Jets- Experience gives the Pats the win. Will be interesting to watch the coaching battle in this one.

Chiefs over the Colts- Probably the toughest prediction this week. If LJ gets going early the Colts will be in trouble. This one could go either way and will be close.

Seahawks over Dallas- Little biased as I'm a Hawks fan, but I think they will get the win. Alexander has had a couple of good weeks and if Hasselbeck is solid we should be able to get the win.

Eagles over the Giants- Philly is hot while the Giants have struggled down the stretch. Eagles take this one easily.

burn_baby_burn
01-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Seahawks over Cowboys.

Eagles over Giants

Patriots over Jets

Chiefs over Colts? As a Chiefs fan I have to be optimistic. This game could go south for KC in a hurry. The Chiefs need to do what teams did to them in 2002. Keep Peyton Manning off the field. Run the ball and have long time consuming drives. Trent Green can not afford to turn the ball over. If he does, the Chiefs are done. The one thing I like in this game is Ty Law. He seems to have Peyton's number in the playoffs. Yet he is getting long in the tooth for a CB.

Bobblehead
01-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Colts get an early TD and an early turnover and never look back
Pats in a tight one, I'll say by 4
Cowboys - Seahawk receivers won't hang onto the ball
Eagles break the G-men's spirit early and often.

troutman
01-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Pats in a blowout.
Eagles in a blowout.

I agree with all of those picks.

Patriots (Jets have only beat one team with a winning record all season)

Eagles (might be close)

Seahawks (Dallas D no match for Hawks offence; Sea has great home field advantage)

Chiefs (can run all day on Colts, while Peyton is kept off the field)

habernac
01-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Pats in a blowout.
Eagles in a blowout.

Pats destroy the Jets
Eagles win big
Seahawks squeak one
Colts wake up and win in a walk

Displaced Flames fan
01-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Pats dismantle the Jets, win 31-10
Eagles make Eli cry.... 38-16
Seahawks make Parcells consider retiring again as Alexander goes for 200+
28-7

Chiefs put up valiant effort but their inabiltiy to stretch the field kills them as the Colts are able to contain (less than 120 yds) LJ. Peyton is perfect.

Colts 41 Chiefs 20

moon
01-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Chiefs at Colts- At home the Colts should cruise. LJ will get some yards but so will Manning and Harrison. Colts win by two TDs, 41-27.

Cowboys at Seahawks- Two brutal teams that I would love to play if I were in the play-offs. Romo is not the god many thought after he played some bad defenses. I think home field and Hasselbacks experience gives Seattle the win, 27-21.

Jets at Patriots- The Pats have won Super Bowls without much talent before so I am hesistant to count this team out but they are not a very good team and the record is much better than they are. That said the Jets had a great season against garbage opponents. They have shown they can beat the Pats but not sure they can twice. Don't see a blow out as I don't think the Pats have the horses to blow any one out these play-offs but they play solid D and Brady makes enough plays, 17-10.

Giants at Eagles- Giants self-destructing and turning against each other and Eagles found great chemistry and rallied behind the Eagles. This game looks like a easy win for the Eagles. Provided they can stop Tiki it should be. Eagles win 34-20.

Saint Troy
01-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Colts by a field goal, the Vinatieri signing pays off after Larry Johnson does his best to win it for the Chefs. Colts 31 Chefs 28

Seahawks by 10, Dallas' 3-4 will struggle defending the west coast offence once again. Seattle 24 Dallas 14

Jets defence plays amazing and the Pats miss a game winning field goal after Brady drives them down. Jets 13 Pats 10

No shockey is a good thing, and the Giants get back to running their offence through Barber, but Eli does them in with a terrible game losing interception. Cheesesteaks 24 Jints 17

Sainters7
01-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Pats
Eagles
Seahawks
Colts

rubecube
01-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Pats
Eagles
Hawks
Colts

pack_fan91
01-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Patriots- 24 -13
Giants - 28 - 21
Seahawks - 27 - 14
Colts - 24 - 21

browna
01-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Divisonal Time:
Saturday:
Ravens over Colts in a stinker - Ravens defense too much...Manning outside in possible cold weather with a questionable effective running game? Under 28 points total.

Eagles at NO - This ones coming down to the wire, should be a NO win, but is the pressure of having a first round bye for the first time and high expectations going to be a hangover if they don't jump out to a big lead. Garcia has PHI offense moving well. I pick NO, but by a hair, and don't be surprised if it goes PHI's way.

Sunday:
Bears hosting Seahawks - Call me biased, I pick the Seahawks by a hair. Grossman has a lot to prove, esepcially since he actaully admitted to giving less then a full effort. Pressure from fans and media is entirely on him and the Bears this week. Will he assume this week that he can rip apart the depleated SEA secondary and try too hard and to often to go long?
Hassleback couldn't have played much worse then last night, and the entire team doesn't forget the Week 4 drubbing on that Sunday night. The weather is always an issue in Chicago...but as I said, this comes down to Grossman in my opinion. SEA may not even win this game, but Grossman may lose it.

Pats at San Diego - Best game of the week. Belicheck and Brady will give the Chargers defense all they can handle. A close game at half time, I think SD comes out in the end in a shootout, but they don't look as dominant as they did going in.

Saint Troy
01-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Colts in a upset, Peyton will finally win a big playoff game on the road.
Colts 24 Ravens 17

Saints playoff game on a Saturday night in N'awlins...perfect. Saints and the Dome will be rockin' early and often. Saints 31 Eagles 21

Seahawks need to get an early lead to put the pressure on Grossman, they do it and a a couple of bonehead picks by Rexy send the Bears to defeat.
Hawks 20 Bears 13

Chargers play all year to get the number one seed, and what do they get? A hungry and on a mission Tom Brady and a Belichek defence peaking right now, with a rookie QB in the crosshairs, good luck L.D.T.
Pats 28 Chargers 14

Damn, next Saturday will be a great day for me, Saints/Eagles followed by the Flames spanking the Coil...sweet.

moon
01-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Colts-Ravens- Colts 24-17

Eagles- Saints- Saints 31-28

Pats-Chargers- Chargers 35-14

Seahawks-Bears- Bears 17-10

Displaced Flames fan
01-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Colts 21-13
Saints 28-27
Chargers 42-34
Seahawks 24 Devin Hester 14

Flames in 07
01-07-2007, 07:22 PM
AFC Final:
Baltimore will beat SD

NFC Final
New Orleans will beat Seattle

Philly06Cup
01-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Colts-Ravens:
Colts' Run-D looks a lot better. Outside the three picks, Manning was very good. Manning will fix those mistakes. Colts win.

Eagles-Saints:
The winner of this game will represent the NFC in the superbowl. NO is depending on too many rookies; NO is just happy to be in the playoffs; home-field shouldn't be a factor, as the Eagles play well on the road. Eagles win on another last-play field goal to win it and repay the favor.

Seahawks-Bears:
I'm predicting a good game from Sexy Rexy. His defense / special teams gives him good field position, and he manages to three or four touchdowns. Seattle is a really bad team right now; the offense is bad, and too many injuries. They needed a safety and a muffed kick to beat the Cowboys -- their luck runs out here.

Pats-Chargers:
Rivers gets maybe 15 attempts, as the LT show takes full force. Chargers blow out the Pats.

troutman
01-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Colts-Ravens - defence wins - Ravens force turnovers

Eagles- Saints- NO is rusty (the bye is often a curse)

Pats-Chargers- SD is rusty and NE is peaking at the right time

Seahawks-Bears- cakewalk

habernac
01-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Ravens in a close one
Saints in another close one
Bears by 10
I gotta be a homer, I like my Pats to pull the upset. Won't be surprised if it goes the other way though

howard_the_duck
01-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Colts-Ravens:
Colts' Run-D looks a lot better. Outside the three picks, Manning was very good. Manning will fix those mistakes. Colts win.

Eagles-Saints:
The winner of this game will represent the NFC in the superbowl. NO is depending on too many rookies; NO is just happy to be in the playoffs; home-field shouldn't be a factor, as the Eagles play well on the road. Eagles win on another last-play field goal to win it and repay the favor.

Seahawks-Bears:
I'm predicting a good game from Sexy Rexy. His defense / special teams gives him good field position, and he manages to three or four touchdowns. Seattle is a really bad team right now; the offense is bad, and too many injuries. They needed a safety and a muffed kick to beat the Cowboys -- their luck runs out here.

Pats-Chargers:
Rivers gets maybe 15 attempts, as the LT show takes full force. Chargers blow out the Pats.

I hope you're right. New Orleans is a winnable game for the Eagles in my mind. The Eagles secondary looked awful against Brees and company last game, and it will be even more of a challenge without Lito, but the Eagles did pretty much what they wanted through the air that game as well.

If Andy Reid and the coaching staff can shore up the secondary mistakes and utilize Westbrook the way they have been over the last 7 weeks..........then I like the Eagles chances.

Sylvanfan
01-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Well a lot of us were 4-4 last week, we'll see who can duplicate it this week.

Indy at Baltimore

Colts D impressed on Saturday, but the passing game was held in check particularly the outside receivers. Baltimore can do everything the Chiefs can in terms of looks and secondary coverage. But the Colts can create a lot more pressure up the middle to collapse the pocket on Manning which should force quick throws and as a result make it tougher to complete those 3-10 yard passes that he used to help get the ball up the field against the Chiefs. Baltimore is also quite a bit tougher against the run although I think they'll gladly give up a few yards running to keep the passing numbers to 200 yards or less.

Baltimore comes in with a pretty good pass protecting line against Indy's pass rush so this should be a good matchup. Baltimore will try to have a more balanced offensive attack than the Chiefs so the Colts won't be shooting fish in a barrel this week.

I think it will be a pretty close game but the fans will be really motivated as there's no way they want the Colts to win in Baltimore. I think this one will be close.

Ravens 17-16

Pats at Bolts

Brady comes in with a 11-1 all time post season record against rookie Phillip Rivers. Pats ran away with that game late against the Jets, but will face a much tougher test this week. Lately Rivers isn't completing much in terms of passing, and if Schottenheimer thinks Martyball is going to work, he's mistaken. Even a great back like LT can get shut down if the other team knows it's coming. Difference has to be can Rivers hit LT out of the backfield, and Gates on some of those short passes.

I like Bellichick to outsmart Marty and Pats to win this one 21-17 in a hard fought game.

NFC
Eagles at Saints

Eagles offence sputtered a bit against the Giants, particularly the passing game. The defence was pretty decent though although they had the Giants at 2nd and 30 and let them keep that drive alive.

Saints feature a solid passing game and Reggie Bush had a fantastic final 10 weeks of the season. In the SuperDome with the crowd behind them I like the Saints 24-17

Seahawks at Bears
Seahawks got some divine help to advance this past week and are beat up in the secondary. Good news is Grossman at times couldn't do anything against a division 1AA defence so the lack of a secondary could be moot. Still the Bears defence and Special teams are top notch. They'll find a way to win this one for the Monsters of the Midway
Bears 13-10

Flickered Flame
01-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Ravens 24-14-Ravens defence is just too good.
Saints 31-18-No Lito Sheppard in the Eagles 2ndary allows Brees to have an even bigger game.
LT 21 Pats 18-3 more tds for LT.
Bears 14-9-Boring game of the week.

burn_baby_burn
01-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Ravens
Saints
Bears
Patriots (when Marty coached in KC he coudn't win a playoff game if he tried)

There is going to be an upset. Could be the Chargers or Bears. Allthough the Bears laid a whopping on the SeaHawks at home earlier in the year. But I believe that Alexander wasn't in that game.

Mr.Coffee
01-10-2007, 01:39 PM
No upsets, all the byes go through!

Chargers, Bears, Saints, Ravens.

socalwingfan
01-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Colts
Chargers
Seahawks
Saints

J pold
01-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Saints-17 Eagles-20 to be the bye isn’t doing the Saints any favors and Philly is playing like the Steelers of last year

Pats-27 SD-14 Sorry Marty but I don’t care who you are you don’t bet against Tom Brady in the Playoffs

Colts-10 Baltimore-17 Sorry Dungy but you don’t bet with Payton in the big game, although should be a really good game the Colts return to Baltimore

Seahawks-3 Bears-10 in what will be the worst post season game in history

The Goon
01-10-2007, 01:54 PM
No upsets, all the byes go through!

Chargers, Bears, Saints, Ravens.

Agreed.

There's a little bit of stress as I'm a Chargers fan and my girlfriend is a Patriots fan. Our relationship will be "off" for three hours on Sunday afternoon, and we have a nice bet riding on the outcome.

SeeGeeWhy
01-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Colts 17 - Ravens 21 (come from behind touchdown in the final drive)

Eagles 24 - Saints 27 (Game of the week)

Pats 31 - Chargers 41 (Wild, wild game)

Seahawks 38 - Bears 19 (Grossman craps the bed)

toonmaster
01-10-2007, 03:59 PM
The Upset - Seahawks over Bears - Should be a close one, but I think Grossman will kill his team. Seattle by 3.

The Homer Pick - Colts over Ravens - Even with the Colts losing at Dallas, Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Houston, I see the Colts hitting the form that saw them win in Denver and NE. Colts by 7.

Tough Pick - Saints over Eagles - The NO magic continues. Even if Joe Horn doesn't play, the Eagles cannot, and will not defend the big play that NO loves. Saints by 10.

Toughest Pick - Chargers over Pats - Pats are an experienced team in the playoffs but SD is just too tough. Chargers by 7.

rubecube
01-12-2007, 07:29 AM
I hope you're right. New Orleans is a winnable game for the Eagles in my mind. The Eagles secondary looked awful against Brees and company last game, and it will be even more of a challenge without Lito, but the Eagles did pretty much what they wanted through the air that game as well.

If Andy Reid and the coaching staff can shore up the secondary mistakes and utilize Westbrook the way they have been over the last 7 weeks..........then I like the Eagles chances.

The reason the Eagles secondary was so brutal in that game is because Michael Lewis was still playing SS and he was blowing his coverages. Now we have Considine back there who is a much better coverage man.

OILFAN #81
01-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Colts 27 at Ravens 24

Manning and the offense have a stronger day then against the Chiefs last week. Manning to Harrison connects twice and the Colts move on to the AFC Championship game. GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eagles 17 at Saints 27

It ends hear for the Garcia and the Eagles. Saints are too strong a team and Brees leads his team to a NFC Championship Birth.

Patriots 28 at Chargers 31

This one will come down right to the end of the game and the Chargers win it on the final possession. Brady and the Pats have the experience but LT is too much for the Pats defense and the Chargers move onto the AFC Championship Game against the Colts!

Seahawks 17 at Bears 27

Bears defense proves to be too much for the Seahawks. Grossman has an average game but good enough to get the job done and move his team to the NFC Championship Game against the Saints.

I got my INDY jersey on already! GOOOOOOOOOO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sainters7
01-13-2007, 03:28 AM
The reason the Eagles secondary was so brutal in that game is because Michael Lewis was still playing SS and he was blowing his coverages. Now we have Considine back there who is a much better coverage man.

The Saints are a different team since then too. NFL Network replayed that game earlier this week and I couldnt believe how innefective Bush looked in that game, and the first half of the season, when compared to what he's done the past two months. Back then he was mostly a decoy, and would take short dumpoff passes to the flats. Whereas now he can actually run the ball effectively too. He's a different player than he was when the Eagles and Saints last met. Should be a great game.

Im nervous already...

flames_1987
01-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Almost kickoff, pretty nervous times. It's hard to understand how a Colts fan could get nervous after his team has again and again come through huge in the playoffs :bag:

OILFAN #81
01-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Almost kickoff, pretty nervous times. It's hard to understand how a Colts fan could get nervous after his team has again and again come through huge in the playoffs :bag:

That's exactly what I was thinking, LOL! The loss to the Steelers last year still stings. So far so good, 3-0 Colts. Would have liked to punch that into the endzone from the 5 but i'll take pts in any way.

OILFAN #81
01-13-2007, 02:57 PM
HUGE Challenge coming up here! That was a fumble though and I think the Colts will get the ball back!

browna
01-14-2007, 02:30 PM
The vastly overrated Bears pull it out. Again.

Great game by Seattle, and the Bears too, but far far too much credit given to the Bears this week and all year, certainly in comparison to the rest of the NFC.

Well done Seattle....with a depleted defense, and the main guys on offense no where near 100%, very proud of the team today.

On offense, great game by Alexander one of those guys not 100%.

Questions have to be asked still of Hasslebeck..the 4th an 1 where he bobbles the snap, the horrible throw to give the ball back to the Bears the play just after SEA intercepts Grossman.

Then, the huge play, 3-10 on CHI 45, with the wind behind him, under a minute to go. Even getting 6 or 7 yards, at least a long FG attempt by Brown, who had a stronger leg the Gould and would've been able to make 53 or so yd FG if Gould could make a 49yd. Instead, he doesn't get it out of his hand and takes a 9yd loss.

The guy still makes bad mental decisions when you least expect it. FOr all the veteran savy he shows (as he should, he is almost a veteran) he makes rookie mistakes, still...and has all season.

Anyways, lets go Saints.

Sylvanfan
01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Well down to finals.

My early feelings with I may revise are

Colts vs. Pats in Indy.

So far the Colts are doing a lot to exonorate their ghosts of the past. Pats still have that moxy about them and just seem to know what it takes to win these games. But this Colts team has shown me something in the past two weeks that I didn't see in them before.

Colts win 30-21

Saints at Bears
Hmmm...I'm still not entirely decided on this one yet. Saints ran a pretty nice balanced attack vs. the Eagles this week. Seattle were a bit unfortunate to lose in Chicago this week. Rex Grossman did play a decent game for the Bears.

I'm thinking Brees will make better descisions than Hasselback did and that will be enough for the Saints to win this one 24-21.

habernac
01-14-2007, 07:53 PM
NE beats the Colts in a squeaker in the RCA dome. Manning jumps off a bridge after the game.

Saints smoke the Bears, though part of me hopes for a Superbowl rematch.

who wouldn't love to see the Saints win it all after all that city has been through in the last while?

moon
01-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Indy beats the Colts in a squeaker in the RCA dome. Manning jumps off a bridge after the game.

Saints smoke the Bears, though part of me hopes for a Superbowl rematch.

who wouldn't love to see the Saints win it all after all that city has been through in the last while?

That would be an interesting game. :D

Colts over the Pats 31-17

Saints over the Bears 28-20

Displaced Flames fan
01-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Patriots 21 Colts 16
Saints 30 Bears 20

troutman
01-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Pats.
Saints.

rubecube
01-15-2007, 07:08 AM

Me. If the Bears win the Super Bowl I win $300.

Bears and Pats win.

Saint Troy
01-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Hopefully the NFL doesn't allow the Bears to water down and freeze the field on Sunday, Saints win by 10. Saints 27 Bears 17

New England has played two mediocre games and won, they play well this week and lose to a Vinatieri field goal. Colts 24 Pats 21

VANFLAMESFAN
01-15-2007, 09:11 AM
New England has played two mediocre games and won, they play well this week and lose to a Vinatieri field goal. Colts 24 Pats 21

Mediocre is being nice, they were pretty bad yesterday and really had no right winning, but you know what, San Diego's mistakes were more costly. Had Troy Brown not stripped the ball, the Chargers wind the clock down and game over. Outside of the drive before the half and the one that lead to the final FG, the Pats were pretty bad on the offensive side of the ball.

habernac
01-15-2007, 09:21 AM
That would be an interesting game. :D

Colts over the Pats 31-17

Saints over the Bears 28-20

oops

:bag:

fixed now.

habernac
01-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Hopefully the NFL doesn't allow the Bears to water down and freeze the field on Sunday, Saints win by 10. Saints 27 Bears 17

I'll admit they didn't play their best yesterday, but a 21 point victory over the Jets is "mediocre"? What do people expect here?

OILFAN #81
01-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Patriots 24 @ Colts 27

In a close game, Adam Vinatieri breaks his former teammates hearts and sends YOUR INDIANAPOLIS COLTS to the Superbowl!!!!!!! Our defense has to play how it did the last 2 weeks vs the Chiefs and Ravens. I expect big games from June, Sanders and Harper. Offensively, Manning and company will need to pick it up and I know they will at the RCA Dome. Harrison is our best reciever but expect a huge game from Reggie Wayne! I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited about this game. It's been tough over the years being a Colts fan as we haven't got over that hurdle we need to. This can finally be OUR YEAR. The Pats have been that hurdle we need to get over and I feel this year we will do it. GO COLTS!!!!!!!

Saints 24 @ Bears 21

Another close game here but the Bears playing at home and with that defense will make it very close. I like the Saints pulling out a squeaker. Expect a huge game from Mcallister.

Saint Troy
01-15-2007, 11:27 AM
I'll admit they didn't play their best yesterday, but a 21 point victory over the Jets is "mediocre"? What do people expect here?

I take it you watched that game? The Pats were not at their best, but got it done after a touchdown and subsequent int for a touchdown that created the spread. If my Saints had played the same game, especially at home, I would definately called it mediocre.

Flickered Flame
01-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't know which team I hate more, the Pats or the Colts or I don't care who wins. But I will take the Pats 21-18.

Saints are the story of the NFL this season and I hope they win it all. 28-14 Saints over the Bears.

Flames in 07
01-15-2007, 06:15 PM

It's not the rinky dink CFL Saint Troy, it should be ok.

Sainters7
01-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Saints/Colts Super Bowl! Count on it!!

...I just really hope the Bears dont use that "Toast Thomas" gameplan on Fred Thomas all day, like the Eagles did. I know Im stating the obvious here, but no way is Thomas or Craft our #2 CB next year. At least its Grossman, Im confident in this game.

However, if we win and its Brady or Manning out there against Thomas, Ill be terrified.

JohnnyO
01-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Bears 16 Saints 10
Pats 24 Colts 21

toonmaster
01-18-2007, 04:27 PM
NE @ Indy - With the cryptonite of Ty Law gone from the Pats, Peyton Manning plays discipline and smart football. The Colts' D hammers Corey Dillon and knocks him into retirement, damn I hate him. Indy by 7.

NO @ Chicago - The key here is the @. I know the Saints have done quite well on the road, but the Bears love home. They will pound the ground and keep Brees off the field. If it was @ NO, I would pick Saints, but @ Chicago, I will take the Bears by 3.

flambers
01-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Colts vs. Pats, The game is close the Colts win by 3 points.

Saints at Bears, Saints offense is to much for the Bears. Saints win by 17 points.

browna
01-19-2007, 10:12 AM
New Orleans - Assuming the weather conditions are as they were last week in Chicago, New Orleans should win. Grossman was ok last weekend, and only a few key and untimely gaffes and poor decisions by Hasslebeck, allowed the Bears to win.

Seattle ran the ball with Alexender right up the middle with relative ease.
Assuming McAllister runs up the middle then Bush more to the outside, I don't think the Saints will have a lot of trouble on offense stretching the defense.

Grossman is setup for stinking the joint out, and, like SEA did, New Orleans just has to be patient and try not to give up a big play..both on offense or special teams, and wait for Grossman to lose it for the still overrated Bears.

Other game, I think the Pats. Brady will get the job done, like last week, not most elequently, but effectively enough at key points in the game. Manning will play ok and play well enough to win, but not get the help he needs on offense, or, on defense, when he really needs them to step up.

transplant99
01-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Colts 21 Patriots 20 (The Vinateri factor in full display)

Bears 30 Saints 10 (Hope i am sooo wrong about this one...the city of NO deserves something real good)

socalwingfan
01-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Colts 24 Pats 17

Saints 20 Bears 6

Sainters7
01-19-2007, 04:34 PM
New Orleans - Assuming the weather conditions are as they were last week in Chicago, New Orleans should win. Grossman was ok last weekend, and only a few key and untimely gaffes and poor decisions by Hasslebeck, allowed the Bears to win.

Seattle ran the ball with Alexender right up the middle with relative ease.
Assuming McAllister runs up the middle then Bush more to the outside, I don't think the Saints will have a lot of trouble on offense stretching the defense.

Grossman is setup for stinking the joint out, and, like SEA did, New Orleans just has to be patient and try not to give up a big play..both on offense or special teams, and wait for Grossman to lose it for the still overrated Bears.

Other game, I think the Pats. Brady will get the job done, like last week, not most elequently, but effectively enough at key points in the game. Manning will play ok and play well enough to win, but not get the help he needs on offense, or, on defense, when he really needs them to step up.

Oh theyll give up the big play maybe once or twice, they do it every game its like clockwork. Im seeing a Grossman to Berrian 65 yard TD on the opening drive...then after that the Saints shutting down the Chicago O for the most part and playing well on O to win the game.

The D has been solid for the most part, but that whole "break but dont bend"(yes I meant to write it that way) D drives me crazy sometimes.

pack_fan91
01-20-2007, 07:19 AM
My picks for this week.

Chicago wins 21 - 17

Indy wins 24 - 21... Vinatieri strikes once more

browna
01-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh theyll give up the big play maybe once or twice, they do it every game its like clockwork. Im seeing a Grossman to Berrian 65 yard TD on the opening drive...then after that the Saints shutting down the Chicago O for the most part and playing well on O to win the game.

The D has been solid for the most part, but that whole "break but dont bend"(yes I meant to write it that way) D drives me crazy sometimes.

Well, that's very similar to Seattle's defense, even before all the injuries, and, the strategy Seattle played the Bears last week.

Grossman only threw the ball down the field 20+ yards (distance in air) 4, maybe 5 times. If he was behind or forced a few more throws up there, they would've been picked off, and his confidence would've plumetted, never mind the turnover...so the CHI coaches made sure he kept that under control.

On the first drive, one went right through SEA's Babinueax's hands...if he catches that Grossman would've been a different QB the rest of that game, and SEA, the way they played, would've won that game.

If NO can force Grossman to throw it downfield more, and as a I sad, the defense be patient and not let guys get behind them, a good chance Grossman throws multiple INT's, and you may see Griese come in ans CHi fans boo Grossman off the field in the later stages of the game.

Man it ticks me..that play, and Hasslebeck's horrible decision making and brain cramps on two plays (fumbling the snap on 4 and 1 and not getting 6 or 7 yards on 3-10 with under a minute to go, instead taking a sack and losing any hope of a long FG try), and its SEA/NO. I don't SEA would've won against NO, although you never know, but in any case it would've been a consolation to have kicked out the overrated Bears.

OilersBaby
01-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Well this really isnt a prediction, but I wasnt sure what other thread to put it in, so here it is...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6391994?FSO1&ATT=HMA

I think it's hilarious.

OILFAN #81
01-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Well this really isnt a prediction, but I wasnt sure what other thread to put it in, so here it is...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6391994?FSO1&ATT=HMA

I think it's hilarious.

Well i'm glad they are all doing well and glad he got to see the last Bears win of the year in the NFC Championship.

Displaced Flames fan
01-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Super Bowl predictions here?

Colts 38 Bears 16

Philly06Cup
01-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I want the Colts to win the superbowl; Manning deserves to get this monkey of the media off his back.

But somehow I think the Bears are going to pull this off.

Bears are great at creating turnovers and special teams, and Indy looked especially bad in those departments against New England. I see one big play turning things around for the Bears, and the Bears winning in a close one.

flames_1987
01-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Trying my best to not be a huge homer but have to go with Indy. The saints gave up completley on the run, dropped balls, and turned the ball over way to many times. All mistakes the colts hardly ever make.

Manning vs the bears secondary is the difference in my mind. The bears just can't match up with wayne harrison clark. Nobody prepares harder or studies more film then peyton, give him 2 weeks to prepare and he's going to have one hell of a game

troutman
01-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Unless there is really bad weather in Miami (heavy rain and wind), the Colts will win comfortably.

habernac
01-23-2007, 12:44 PM
The Colts will be surprised by a well rested Bears defense. But they'll still squeak it out and win by 6.

toonmaster
01-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Colts @ Bears in Miami - Bears comeout strong lead by the special teams, but Peyton and company smartly and precisely pick apart Chicago's Defence. Rex Grossman has an oppertunity to manufacture a game tying touchdown but the Indy D comes up with the stop. Colts by 7.

Bobblehead
01-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Colts have figured out how to slow down running offenses (see Chiefs/Ravens) and Grossman hasn't scared many teams with his arm. On the other side, The Colts have already beaten a couple of dominating defenses.

If the Colts score first it will get ugly in a hurry. If the Bears can stay in it for the first half, it won't matter but at least it will stay respectable.

34-16 Colts.

rubecube
01-23-2007, 02:09 PM
This game has all the makings of being a Florida vs Ohio State. I'll take the dog again. Bears 30 Colts 10.

Bobblehead
01-23-2007, 03:11 PM
This game has all the makings of being a Florida vs Ohio State. I'll take the dog again. Bears 30 Colts 10.

Except in that case Ohio hadn't played a meaningful game in 7 weeks.

rubecube
01-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Except in that case Ohio hadn't played a meaningful game in 7 weeks.

True. I was more referring to the hype and the fact that nobody (except me) gave Florida a chance.

J pold
01-23-2007, 03:17 PM
If there was ever a team that went 13-3 and got 0 respect it’s the bears and that is the reason they will win 27-14 and even than people will still be saying that Rex sucks, and the defense is suspect

Bobblehead
01-23-2007, 03:31 PM
True. I was more referring to the hype and the fact that nobody (except me) gave Florida a chance.

Fair enough. I only casually follow college football but I have always thought it pretty harsh that the top teams wait so darn long before their premiere game.

Mr.Coffee
01-23-2007, 05:33 PM
If there was ever a team that went 13-3 and got 0 respect it’s the bears and that is the reason they will win 27-14 and even than people will still be saying that Rex sucks, and the defense is suspect

SOOOOO true. I had some guy in one of my classes today spout off about how Rex sucks blah blah blah...

Hey, I'm not saying this guy is comparable to Peyton Manning, but his team wins. Defence is a big part of the game, but you can't win without points.

troutman
01-24-2007, 09:07 AM

Should the Bears have respect?

2nd easiest schedule in the NFL this year. Only played 4 playoff teams, losing to NE. Lost to GB and MIA.

Grossman is a crap QB. Injuries to the defence have weakened the Bears.

ARI should have beat the Bears.

SEA should have won the divisional playoff.

Beat the Colts, then they will earn respect.

burn_baby_burn
01-24-2007, 10:03 AM
I thought that the Bears would have folded in their first playoff game. They played in the easiest division, in the easiest conferance. I thought when they played a real team in the playoffs that they would get their butts kicked. They scraped by Seattle. They killed a red hot Saints team who coudn't handle the cold weather out side of their comfy Dome.

It looks to be a route for the Colts. But, how bad is Peyton Manning's thumb? Can the Colts porous run defense, who have played well in the post season, stop the 2 headed monster of the Bears?

I'm pulling for the Bears. I don't hate Peyton Manning. But the Bears fans would appreciate it more. Hopefully it just ends up being an entertaining game regardless of who wins.

rubecube
01-24-2007, 01:06 PM

2nd easiest schedule in the NFL this year. Only played 4 playoff teams, losing to NE. Lost to GB and MIA.

Colts lost to Houston, Tennessee, and Jacksonville.

pack_fan91
01-24-2007, 07:06 PM

Lost to the Packers... In Week 16. At that point I am sure the Bears didn't care if they won. They had everything clinched by that time anyway. After knowing that you've clinched home-field throughout the playoffs, you start to not care about winning in the regular season.

flames_1987
01-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Colts lost to Houston, Tennessee, and Jacksonville.

Both the titans and the jaguars came a game away from the playoffs.

They also have wins against the
pats broncos giants ravens on the road.

Sylvanfan
01-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Well I think Peyton got a huge monkey off his back by slaying the Patriots last week, and by putting up 32 points in the second half of that game. The Bears are far from a bad football team that people seem to think they are. It's not their fault the NFL gave them a patsy schedule. Hell I'd argue any team in the NFC get's a patsy schedule. But Indy was the NFL's best team for the first 9 weeks of the season, and I think they've been the best in the last 3 weeks.

Colts 29 Bears 25

Flickered Flame
01-25-2007, 09:27 PM
I hate the Colts so I will pick the bears in the upset. 31-28.

HelloHockeyFans
01-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Here's to Manning choking! Let's GO BEARS!!

Saint Troy
02-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, I think I'm over the disapointment of Bears loss to be objective. Manning is going to see a whole other level of linebacker speed than what he faced with the Patriots, it really played havoc with Brees' decision making and made him hold on to the ball longer than he was used to, leading to turnovers. Lovie Smith will play ball control and try and shorten the game and keep Grossman from making decisions, Muhsin Muhammed will have a big game with posession receptions over the short Colts corners, and Manning will see speed that he hasn't faced this season, and his safety valve Dallas Clark will be blanketed by Urlacher. Bears win 24-13.

transplant99
02-02-2007, 06:57 PM
36-20 Colts.

Bobblehead
02-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Well, I think I'm over the disapointment of Bears loss to be objective. Manning is going to see a whole other level of linebacker speed than what he faced with the Patriots, it really played havoc with Brees' decision making and made him hold on to the ball longer than he was used to, leading to turnovers. Lovie Smith will play ball control and try and shorten the game and keep Grossman from making decisions, Muhsin Muhammed will have a big game with posession receptions over the short Colts corners, and Manning will see speed that he hasn't faced this season, and his safety valve Dallas Clark will be blanketed by Urlacher. Bears win 24-13.

The main reason I think Manning will handle the Bears D is that he has already beaten the Ravens D. It will take a lot for confuse him. Dallas Clark may be covered more than in previous games but there are still Harrison and Wayne or even Etecht and Addai to catch the ball. Too many weapons.

Saint Troy
02-03-2007, 05:10 PM
The main reason I think Manning will handle the Bears D is that he has already beaten the Ravens D. It will take a lot for confuse him. Dallas Clark may be covered more than in previous games but there are still Harrison and Wayne or even Etecht and Addai to catch the ball. Too many weapons.

I agree with the weapons part, but the Colts offence didn't score a touchdown vs. the Ravens, and even a mediocre effort by Steve McNair and the Ravens win that game going away. I would really like to see Manning get a ring, as he's a class act, but I think the Bears D and their running game will control the game.

Regulator75
02-03-2007, 06:47 PM
30 - 20 Colts

ricoFlame
02-03-2007, 07:22 PM
27-17 colts - i'm not taking the over!

flames_1987
02-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Peyton won't let the Colts lose. Colts 35 bears 24

OILFAN #81
02-04-2007, 12:52 AM
I CANT WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colts 27 Bears 20!

I've waited over 10 years for this! COME ON COLTS!!!!!!!!:w00t:

flames_1987
02-04-2007, 10:02 AM
since Jim Harbaugh's hail mary just fell short in 95 I've waited for this. Bring it home peyton

Sylvanfan
02-04-2007, 10:26 AM
I think the Bears D and their running game will control the game.

Well the Colts pretty much stuffed the Chiefs running game into the ground. I suspect they'll prepare to keep the Bears running game in check as well and let Grossman try to beat them. I think the Bears D will play pretty well as Baltimore and Kansas City both did a pretty good job of keeping the Colts in check. Chicago does have great special teams though and I can see them using that with their defence to keep this game closer than a lot are predicting.

Saint Troy
02-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Well the Colts pretty much stuffed the Chiefs running game into the ground. I suspect they'll prepare to keep the Bears running game in check as well and let Grossman try to beat them. I think the Bears D will play pretty well as Baltimore and Kansas City both did a pretty good job of keeping the Colts in check. Chicago does have great special teams though and I can see them using that with their defence to keep this game closer than a lot are predicting.

Well, I agree that they shut the Chiefs down, but hell I think I could have shut the Chiefs down in that game, they were that stupid. Had the Chiefs had any semblance of misdirection, or heck maybe a playaction pass, they could have won that game as the Colts offence was MIA. The Chiefs gave that game to the Colts, I mean they ran the same two running plays over and over....I can imagine your frustration as a Chefs fan. Great point about the special teams, Hester is a bomb just waiting to go off, and Indy's return coverage left alot to be desired vs. the Pats.

ricoFlame
02-05-2007, 11:14 AM
27-17 colts - i'm not taking the over!

oooooh, so close...still hit in the under though.