PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy football advice...again

Jiggy_12
12-13-2006, 10:22 PM
I have my semi-final match-up this week against our league's best team. I have 2 major decisions to make.

At quarterback I have Mike Vick and Brett Favre. I've been starting Vick since week 5ish, and he's been good. Since runnings yards count for points in my league..hes usually a good start. If he threw for 150 yards and 1 touchdown but runs for 70 yards it would get me 19 points. likewise, if Favre has 325 yards passing and 1 TD it would get me 19 points. So running yards have a huge impact.

Favre plays Detroit...easy match-up, and its in Green Bay. Vick plays Dallas. Harder match-up but Atlanta does have alot to play for. Vick is coming off a terrible performace last week, while Favre is coming off a big game. Another factor is Dunn and Norwood might both miss the game, so Vick would be doing all the running for the Falcons.

All week so far I had Vick in there, and just switched him out for Favre but am still not sure.

At Wide reciever I have Chad Johnson, Roy Williams, and Larry Fitzgerald. I have to start 2 of the 3.

Williams starts no matter what against Green Bay. Johnson plays Indi in the Monday Nighter, and Fitzgerald plays Denver. I am leaning towards starting Johnson over Fitz.

So what do you think? Favre or Vick? Johnson or Fitzgerald? I've done way too much trash talk this week to afford losing. Its even harder when you work with the person you're up against!

moon
12-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Favre should have a big game against Detroit. They were, not sure about it now, allowing the most passing yards per attempt ever in NFL history.

There defense is awful and their offense will not be able to run the ball so Green Bay should get plenty of chances on offense. Favre is close to the TD record and I know the coaches are really trying to get him the record so he should also get TD opportunities as well.

Pagal4321
12-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Favre....Vick will be in tough without his running backs.

burn_baby_burn
12-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Go with Farve. He is money in cold games at Lambou Field. I would also take Johnson. What site is your league hosted at?

Displaced Flames fan
12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Favre and Ocho Cinco.

Chad Johnson has to start every week if you have him IMO.

I have a hunch that Indianapolis is going to put up a ton of points early. That means Cincinatti might be throwing a lot. That's good for Johnson.

I have Rudi Johnson on my team so I'm hoping for the opposite....The Bengals get him rolling early and often ala the Jaguars. I have a bad feeling about that though. I'm hoping he still gets some yards and maybe an early TD before it becomes the Carson Palmer show. Take the over in this game if your gambling!

Sylvanfan
12-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Last year Indy and Cinci were like 35-28 at the half....So go with Ocho Cinco.

Jiggy_12
12-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Go with Farve. He is money in cold games at Lambou Field. I would also take Johnson. What site is your league hosted at?

Its hosted at NFL.COM/FANTASY...I really like it.

Thanks guys. Ocho Cinco will get the start...still undecided at QB but leaning towards Favre.

I'm breathing a little easier after Gore played tonight. I was worried he was going to finish with 40 yards but he absoltuley tore it up in the 4th quarter. The guy I'm playing started Josh Brown at kicker who only had 2 Extra points...good start for me!

Jiggy_12
12-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Yikes. I benched Vick and went with Favre...an Vick goes off for 36 fantasy points. Why does fantasy football have to be this stressfull?!

Robbob
12-17-2006, 11:09 PM
I hear ya. I did the same thing and benched Vick for Cutler. Thank god I have Tomlinson and he carried me into the finals.

Displaced Flames fan
12-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I hear ya. I did the same thing and benched Vick for Cutler. Thank god I have Tomlinson and he carried me into the finals.

Cutler did pretty well. Turns out I should've started him instead of Garcia.

My big mistake was benching Desmond Clark. Haven't gotten anything out of him for several weeks because of the bipolar play of Grossman...today he outscores everyone on my team.

Still, I'm 13 points down with Rudi Johnson to go tomorrow night. I think I'll be fine.

Jiggy_12
12-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Cutler did pretty well. Turns out I should've started him instead of Garcia.

My big mistake was benching Desmond Clark. Haven't gotten anything out of him for several weeks because of the bipolar play of Grossman...today he outscores everyone on my team.

Still, I'm 13 points down with Rudi Johnson to go tomorrow night. I think I'll be fine.

Pretty similar to me.

Im 19 points down with Chad Johnson and Shayne Graham to play tomorrow. I'll be on pins and needles all day.

Bobblehead
12-18-2006, 11:21 AM
I should have played Vick. I haven't started him on the correct week even once this season.

On one of my teams I am leading by 38 and he has Rudi Johnson left.
On the other I am leading by 47, and still have Chris Henry going tonight. He has Palmer and Houshmandzedeh.
I'm pretty comfortable in both of them, but a big score for the Bengals could hurt if Henry doesn't get in on the action.

Jiggy_12
12-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Stupid fantasy football! I lost by 6 points! Why couldn't Chad Johnson hang onto the ball tonight? Butter fingers.

Sylvanfan
12-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Stupid fantasy football! I lost by 6 points! Why couldn't Chad Johnson hang onto the ball tonight? Butter fingers.

Yeah, I feel shame for suggesting you start him now.:bag:

Jiggy_12
12-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I feel shame for suggesting you start him now.:bag:

Ah well. Fitz only got 7 points so I still would've lost. I also had Braylon Edwards but didnt even consider starting him. He did the best out of the whole lot.

Bobblehead
12-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Wow. Due to injuries/bad matchups I picked up Dayne on both my 2 teams in the finals. Looks like a good move so far.