PDA

View Full Version : New Cowboys Stadium (merged)

browna
12-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Plans unveiled today for the new stadium for the Dallas Cowboys.

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/

Moving to Arlington, in 3 years, retractable roof (maintaining the trademark hole), 60 yd long scoreboard. Some private suites where you're at field level, sounds like in the tunnel with the players (maybe something similar to the setup at Rexall) before the game. Absolutely state of the art and gigantic.

I guess the current Texas Stadium has that hole because of arcticutral errors and funding overrruns....and that it had 175 luxury boxes, incredible for 1971.

JohnnyFlame
12-13-2006, 08:04 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=188182&hubname=

This stadium is just incredible. Jones has way too much money and ego LOL!!!!

Resolute 14
12-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Not a big fan of the video screen design. The endzone facing screens block out the corners of the sideline facing screens if you are sitting in a corner section.

burn_baby_burn
12-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Arrowhead stadium is the best stadium. No matter what color the stadium in Dallas glows.

JohnnyFlame
12-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Arrowhead stadium is the best stadium. No matter what color the stadium in Dallas glows.

Don't think it will even be close. Arrowhead is up for renovations and Dallas will have every advantage there is in being uptodate. Arrowhead is acknowledged as a very good stadium which has stood the test of time but methinks it's dwarfed by this baby!!!

Flames in 07
12-13-2006, 10:37 AM

Maybe someone with some red and yellow tinted glasses.

Arrowhead has some of the best fans ... top three to me in no particular order is KC, Denver and Dallas, however the stadium itself is probably amoung the worst 5 in the league, with Oakland, Miami, NY and SD.

Sylvanfan
12-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Well considering everything else from the era of Arrowhead has been imploded, it's stood the test of time rather well. KC voters voted down a motion to implement a sales tax to put a roof on Arrowhead last year. Something that was rumored to guarantee a Superbowl going to KC to honor Lamar Hunt for giving the game it's name.

I get to work on the occasional sports stadium and HOK out of Kansas City is considered the premier Architect and Planner for Sports Stadiums in North America. But like anything the more money you spend the fancier you can make something, and lets face it Dallas is a glitzier and richer city than KC is. Than consider that Jerry Jones wants to outdo Daniel Schneider in the worst way and I imagine this is going to be some stadium.

But I have to think that it's only a matter of time until my beloved Arrowhead becomes US Sprint Stadium at Arrowhead plain or something weird like that to help pay for a reno to update things.

rubecube
12-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Jerry Jones and moreso Dan Snyder are the two worst things to happen to the NFL.

Flames in 07
12-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Jerry Jones and moreso Dan Snyder are the two worst things to happen to the NFL.

Heh, and coming from a philly fan I'll take that as a completely unbiased analysis.

As a bronco fan I can tell you that the worst thing to happen to football is Al Davis.

flames_1987
12-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Indy's new stadiumn is going to look pretty good too. It's amazing to see the money being put into these

JohnnyFlame
12-13-2006, 12:48 PM

Yeah whatever. Cowboys fans are really lamenting having Jones as an owner. After all what has the team ever accomplished with him as owner? Oh yeah didn't his team win something? Hmmm what was it now? Wonder if the franchise's worth has gone up since he became owner?

A pity there weren't some owners like him in the NHL. They might actually go somewhere then!!!!

Pagal4321
12-13-2006, 01:03 PM
I agree with Snakeeye, not a fan of the video screen at all. First off it just seems like a logistical nightmare when building the stadium and maintenance will be a huge pain as well.

And it will be interesting to see how the players react to not having the screen in front of them...usually when they are breaking runs they look up at the screen to see who is behind them. Nice stadium though.

rubecube
12-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Yeah whatever. Cowboys fans are really lamenting having Jones as an owner. After all what has the team ever accomplished with him as owner? Oh yeah didn't his team win something? Hmmm what was it now? Wonder if the franchise's worth has gone up since he became owner?

A pity there weren't some owners like him in the NHL. They might actually go somewhere then!!!!

Yep and he also tried to kill the salary cap and revenue sharing.

EDIT: My first post was more towards Snyder, but Jones has had his moments too.

Bobblehead
12-13-2006, 01:11 PM
I prefer owners like Robert Craft. Guys who leave the football to football people. If Jones had to make his living as a GM or scout I don't think he would make it in the NFL. But as long as there is a cap, guys like Snyder and Jones can't do too much harm. The guys who relocate their teams chasing publically funded stadiums are the villians in my eyes.

(note: I am not a Pats fan. I don't really like them, but do respect them. I'm a 49ers fan and curse John York as a cheapskate who has tarnished the 49er legacy).

JohnnyFlame
12-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Yep and he also tried to kill the salary cap and revenue sharing.

EDIT: My first post was more towards Snyder, but Jones has had his moments too.

Yeah they are called "Superbowl Moments" and they were sweet indeed!!!

rubecube
12-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah they are called "Superbowl Moments" and they were sweet indeed!!!

Cowboys fans remind me a lot of Oilers fans. They win a couple championships 10 years ago, have only been to the playoffs twice since and have yet to win a playoff game, yet they still think they're the cream of the crop.

burn_baby_burn
12-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Don't think it will even be close. Arrowhead is up for renovations and Dallas will have every advantage there is in being uptodate. Arrowhead is acknowledged as a very good stadium which has stood the test of time but methinks it's dwarfed by this baby!!!

I was joking. But one thing a big glitzy new building can't create is atmosphere. Arrowhead has tonnes of that. But I do know Lamar Hunt wants to put a roof over Arrowhead so that Kansas City can host a Super Bowl.

Flames_18_22_12
12-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Cowboys fans remind me a lot of Oilers fans. They win a couple championships 10 years ago, have only been to the playoffs twice since and have yet to win a playoff game, yet they still think they're the cream of the crop.

Whoa whoa whoa, lets not say something we can't take back. Nobody compares to Oiler fans.

I like what Jerry Jones has done with the Cowboys and for as much negative stuff as people think he may have brought to the NFL he has also brought in some good too.

Snyder on the other hand... I have seen a certain message board that used to be simply fans gathering, much like this one... After its popularity grew, Dan Snyder bought out the message board and now has it run as if it is under totalitarianism rule. If you say anything negative about the redskins you are banned from the site.

Then on top of that his salary-cap dodging techniques bother me. The Redskins attempt to be the New York Yankees of football but fail and end up like the NY Rangers.

JohnnyFlame
12-13-2006, 02:26 PM

Hmmm scary ground you tread on there unless you are ONLY masquerading as a Flames fan. Been an awfully long time since the Flames won their one and only CUP. Meanwhile the Cowboys have been winners in different era's with great teams led by great players over and over again and are once again on the way up.

But as for reminding us how long it's been since there has been a CUP win in Alberta ---hmmm maybe not such a smart idea!!!!

burn_baby_burn
12-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder used to bother me. But all they are, are Billionaire super fans who had the dough to buy an NFL team. In Snyder's case, he was a rabid Redskins fan since he was young. People used to say that it bugged them when Jerry Jones went down on the side lines during a game. But I would allways say that if I owned the team. I would be doing the same thing. As well as dating all the cheerleaders.

burn_baby_burn
12-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Hmmm scary ground you tread on there unless you are ONLY masquerading as a Flames fan. Been an awfully long time since the Flames won their one and only CUP. Meanwhile the Cowboys have been winners in different era's with great teams led by great players over and over again and are once again on the way up.

But as for reminding us how long it's been since there has been a CUP win in Alberta ---hmmm maybe not such a smart idea!!!!

Yeah, the Cowboys have only been around for...... 5 SUPER BOWLS! 18 DIVISION TITLES! 10 CONFERANCE CHAMPIONSHIPS!! "how bout them Cowboys?" HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!! :D

You got to love those budweiser commercials.

rubecube
12-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, lets not say something we can't take back. Nobody compares to Oiler fans.

You're right.

Much more like Leafs fans.

kipperfan
12-13-2006, 06:25 PM
What a beauty that stadium is going to be!

Fitting that the leagues best team and the leagues best fan base should have the leagues best stadium. :)

browna
12-13-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm betting there will likely be a score clock and regular size screen at the ends of the field, like most, if not all, NFL stadiums. Likely not mentioned to take away from the focal point for the announcement.

Sidney Crosby's Hat
12-14-2006, 12:59 AM
The retractable roof came 13 years too late for Leon Lett.