PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Alexander

Iggy Snipe
12-03-2006, 02:54 PM
This season has been a disapointing one for sure for Alexander who was the NFL's MVP last season. He has been injured almost the whole season, and when he was playing, he was not effective. Until last week, I thought this guy was hopeless to return to his form from last season this year, but he did manage 200+ yards rushing last game, which got me thinking. If Seattle wants to return to the super bowl this season, they need this guy dominating again.

So will Alexander return to form this season?
Will he ever dominate the NFL again or was last season it?

Displaced Flames fan
12-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Why wouldn't he? He's only 29.

He takes less punishment then most backs because he runs wide and out a lot. He's a smart player.

He'll be among the league leaders for years to come IMO.

burn_baby_burn
12-04-2006, 10:55 AM
I think if he is healthy and his O-line is healthy he will be fine. But most RB's production goes down after the age of 30. So his best days are probably behind him.

Iggy Snipe
12-04-2006, 12:13 PM
But most RB's production goes down after the age of 30. So his best days are probably behind him.

I agree with that and so I don't understand why the Seahawks signed that huge deal with him in the offseason.

Iggy Iggy Iggy!
12-04-2006, 10:20 PM
I have no doubt he will regain form. The signs are already there, he only way is up. The Hawks need the balanced attack to be succesful, Alexander is an integral part of the team. He had to be signed. He's still a top 3 back IMO.