PDA

View Full Version : "Drive Cleaner" Ads

TheCommodoreAfro
12-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi,
There is a "Drive Cleaner" ad that is fed to users when they enter through the home page of the CP site. When using Mozilla browsers (FF, Flock, etc) the ads cause the user to stop until the ad is clicked on, meaning that I usually have to kill my entire browser and reload the site in IE. Personally, i think that ads like this that install spyware onto users computers should not be advertised or removed from being served on this site.
Didn't know who to send this to so I thought I'd drop it here...

photon
12-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Do you have a screen shot? Or better yet where the ad is being served from? After clicking on the front page for a good 5 minutes I haven't been able to see it.

EDIT: Your computer may have spyware as well, all the references I can find are pops for Drive Cleaner that come from spyware installed on a computer.

TheCommodoreAfro
12-02-2006, 06:23 AM
Do you have a screen shot? Or better yet where the ad is being served from? After clicking on the front page for a good 5 minutes I haven't been able to see it.

EDIT: Your computer may have spyware as well, all the references I can find are pops for Drive Cleaner that come from spyware installed on a computer.

I get two instances of it - one at work (where I use a Mac and either Safari or Firefox as a browser) or here at home, where I'm in a PC environment. It's unlikely I have spyware on both (especially on the network in the office - it would be spotted and cleaned). I will send you a couple of screen caps next time I encounter it (using the google popup blocker I don't get anything at all in IE, so I'm sticking to that for a while).

photon
12-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah I agree it's unlikely that it's spyware on both.

photon
12-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Has anyone else been able to see these ads?

kermitology
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
I just tried with Mozilla at work and nothing.. just the usual pop-ups that get through Mozilla from time to time. But I had to turn off Ad Block Plus for that.

Bingo
12-04-2006, 04:12 PM
it's not listed as an ad with either agency