11-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Rose Bowl: LSU vs. Michigan

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Boise State

Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Rutgers

Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Notre Dame Regis and Johnny Flame go nuts

BCS - Ohio State vs. USC

rubecube
11-30-2006, 02:19 PM
I guess I should've added that these aren't the official match-ups, just my projections.

JohnnyFlame
11-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Rose Bowl: LSU vs. Michigan

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Boise State

Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Rutgers

Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Notre Dame Regis and Johnny Flame go nuts

BCS - Ohio State vs. USC

The IRISH will so kick Florida's butt if they end up playing them. Michigan for sure over LSU. USC in an upset over Ohio State. The other ones --Fart who cares(Georgia Tech and Rutgers--who the heck would even watch it?)

rubecube
11-30-2006, 04:17 PM
The IRISH will so kick Florida's butt if they end up playing them. Michigan for sure over LSU. USC in an upset over Ohio State. The other ones --Fart who cares(Georgia Tech and Rutgers--who the heck would even watch it?)

Notre Dame is quite easily the most overrated team in college football.

Sainters7
11-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Notre Dame is quite easily the most overrated team in college football.

Im a huge Notre Dame fan...and I so agree. We were embarassingly bad against USC. And now Darius Walker's injured as well. All I know is, any team that comes out of the SEC with only one loss scares the crap out of me. I think Florida will rape my poor Irish. I hope Weiss is wearin his recruitin shoes, time to bring in some D!

Flames in 07
11-30-2006, 05:31 PM

Well, that would represent Notre Dame's first impressive win of the season.

No way OSU losses. They never lose in the desert and have rolled everyone this year ... third win against a #2 this year.

Sainters7
11-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Well, that would represent Notre Dame's first impressive win of the season.

No way OSU losses. They never lose in the desert and have rolled everyone this year ... third win against a #2 this year.

I agree. OSU's an a whole other level this year. No way anyone beats them.

And just to add to the comment you were responding to, on who would want to watch Georgia Tech vs. Rutgers. If you want to watch by far the best receiver in the nation, Calvin Johnson of GT, then take a look. The guy is unreal. He will be a Top 5 NFL pick in April.

rubecube
11-30-2006, 06:01 PM
I agree. OSU's an a whole other level this year. No way anyone beats them.

And just to add to the comment you were responding to, on who would want to watch Georgia Tech vs. Rutgers. If you want to watch by far the best receiver in the nation, Calvin Johnson of GT, then take a look. The guy is unreal. He will be a Top 5 NFL pick in April.

Not to mention the best FB in the nation in Brian Leonard of Rutgers. This game is still a pipe dream, they both have to win this weekend for this to happen.

Antithesis
11-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Color me biased, but I think the only teams ND could have a chance to beat in that list of 10 are Rutgers, Boise State, and Georgia Tech.

I'd like to see a Michigan/Florida game in there ... USC/Ohio State is almost a given.

transplant99
11-30-2006, 06:27 PM

The Irish dont even deserve a BCS game...look at their schedule....exactly what did they do to earn a spot among the top 8 teams in the country??

They are a joke who have been over-hyped by US media forever....enough of the average team in South Bend already.

moon
11-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Im a huge Notre Dame fan...and I so agree. We were embarassingly bad against USC. And now Darius Walker's injured as well. All I know is, any team that comes out of the SEC with only one loss scares the crap out of me. I think Florida will rape my poor Irish. I hope Weiss is wearin his recruitin shoes, time to bring in some D!

If you think that ND is the most overrated team in college football and that Florida would rape them you must not have seen much of Florida this year. They needed three blocked kicks to beat powerhouse South Carolina, barely beat Vanderbilt and struggled against a very mediocore Florida State. They also played a division 1AA powerhouse as well. I would take ND over Florida and probably every BCS team except the ACC champ.

moon
11-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Rose Bowl: LSU vs. Michigan - Michigan wins

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Boise State - Oklahoma wins, barely

Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Louisville - Louisville wins

Sugar Bowl: Arkansas vs. Notre Dame - Notre Dame wins

BCS - Ohio State vs. USC - USC wins

Don't know why I had Florida in there I think Arkansas beats them this weekend.

Sainters7
11-30-2006, 11:33 PM
If you think that ND is the most overrated team in college football and that Florida would rape them you must not have seen much of Florida this year. They needed three blocked kicks to beat powerhouse South Carolina, barely beat Vanderbilt and struggled against a very mediocore Florida State. They also played a division 1AA powerhouse as well. I would take ND over Florida and probably every BCS team except the ACC champ.

Youd take ND to beat OSU, USC, and Michigan? The Buckeyes would light us up like a Christmas tree! And Florida also beat Tennessee, LSU and Georgia, and lost a close game to Auburn. Dont get me wrong, Im a huge ND fan. I just dont think they have it this year. That D is just not there(though I love and will miss Zbikowski, and Abiamari. And Ndukwe's just a beast in that secondary). I have watched them eke out victories against teams like UCLA and Michigan St. And as great as those games were to watch, for a team ranked as high as we were, we shouldve been spanking them. After that USC drubbing last weekend, Ive lost all confidence.

As I said before, dont get me wrong, I love the Irish. But if you think we'd beat OSU youre dreaming.

moon
11-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Youd take ND to beat OSU, USC, and Michigan? The Buckeyes would light us up like a Christmas tree! And Florida also beat Tennessee, LSU and Georgia, and lost a close game to Auburn. Dont get me wrong, Im a huge ND fan. I just dont think they have it this year. That D is just not there(though I love and will miss Zbikowski, and Abiamari. And Ndukwe's just a beast in that secondary). I have watched them eke out victories against teams like UCLA and Michigan St. And as great as those games were to watch, for a team ranked as high as we were, we shouldve been spanking them. After that USC drubbing last weekend, Ive lost all confidence.

As I said before, dont get me wrong, I love the Irish. But if you think we'd beat OSU youre dreaming.

Whoops worded that wrong I meant I would take every BCS team except the ACC Champ to beat Florida. I think the only teams ND would beat in the BCS is Florida, the Big East Champ and the ACC Champ.

KTown
11-30-2006, 11:53 PM
I just want to know the other team thats going to be playing at the game that I'll be at.

Capital One Bowl Game

Right Now

Wisconsin is a lock, and it looks like it will either be LSU or Auburn for the other team.

moon
12-01-2006, 12:11 AM
I just want to know the other team thats going to be playing at the game that I'll be at.

Capital One Bowl Game

Right Now

Wisconsin is a lock, and it looks like it will either be LSU or Auburn for the other team.

LSU is basically a lock for the BCS and for the Rose Bowl. ( I have heard the Rose Bowl already offered them a spot and barring a USC loss and Florida making into the Championship game over Michigan they will be there).

I think it will be the loser of the Florida-Arkansas game that will go to the Capital One Bowl.

Flames in 07
12-01-2006, 02:25 PM

Capital One Bowl Game

Right Now

I have the same question. Go Bucks!!!

octothorp
12-02-2006, 05:11 PM
USC looks pretty soft today against UCLA, trailing by one and with UCLA threatening to score again. Even if they come back to win today, I'm not sure they're more deserving of Michigan for that championship bid.

kipperfan
12-02-2006, 05:14 PM
USC looks pretty soft today against UCLA, trailing by one and with UCLA threatening to score again. Even if they come back to win today, I'm not sure they're more deserving of Michigan for that championship bid.

It has been a great game so far(for non USC fans anyway!). I think the Trojans will lose this game, Booty, despite his best efforts cannot penetrate the Bruin defence.

It will be Michigan i do believe.

Antithesis
12-02-2006, 05:23 PM
This game is making my stomach turn :(

I_H8_Crawford
12-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Wow, what happened to USC?
I don't follow college much, but is UCLA really that good, or is USC just pulling a "road Flames" today?

Antithesis
12-02-2006, 05:39 PM
They are playing a "road Flames" today.

They were favoured by 2 touchdowns.

kipperfan
12-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Wow, what happened to USC?
I don't follow college much, but is UCLA really that good, or is USC just pulling a "road Flames" today?

USC is playing poor, but the UCLA defence is friggen good and are playing to 110% of their potential today.

I_H8_Crawford
12-02-2006, 05:41 PM
I've always hated the way the BCS is determined, so I am kinda hoping USC loses - then what happens - put a clearly inferior Fla team up against OSU, or let Michigan get a 2nd chance at it??

octothorp
12-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Oh, that's gonna do it.

-edit: maybe not, I didn't realize USC had 3 timeouts.

kipperfan
Interception......GAME OVER!!

UCLA with a HUGE upset!!

I_H8_Crawford
Ouch, that's gotta hurt if you're a Trojan fan... goodbye BCS... what a choke job...

kipperfan
12-02-2006, 05:43 PM
I've always hated the way the BCS is determined, so I am kinda hoping USC loses - then what happens - put a clearly inferior Fla team up against OSU, or let Michigan get a 2nd chance at it??

Michigan

kipperfan
12-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Wow. That was the best NCAA game I have seen all year, maybe the best Football game I have seen all year.

I_H8_Crawford
12-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow, bed-crapping of epic proportions.
Carroll is classy, must be tough to have to give an interview at the immediate end of the game that just eliminated you from the Championship game... didn't even pull a Dennis Green. ;)

kipperfan
12-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Wow, bed-crapping of epic proportions.
Carroll is classy, must be tough to have to give an interview at the immediate end of the game that just eliminated you from the Championship game... didn't even pull a Dennis Green. ;)

Carroll is one of the classiest guys in sports, not to mention one of the best football coached around today....but UCLA earned this game big time. Man their defence was HUGE today.

Flames in 07
12-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Florida deserves the bid ... presuming they win tonight.

They had the toughest sched in the country.

kipperfan
12-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Florida deserves the bid ... presuming they win tonight.

They had the toughest sched in the country.

Meh....I agree they have had one of, if not the toughest schedule but unless Florida wins big I cant see them getting the nod over Michigan....BSC aint always fair.

Flames in 07
12-02-2006, 06:19 PM
In terms of opp. W-L it was THE toughest in the country. I've always said that human polls have two flaws. Preseason rankings and a lack of respect for SOS.

kipperfan
12-02-2006, 06:21 PM
In terms of opp. W-L it was THE toughest in the country. I've always said that human polls have two flaws. Preseason rankings and a lack of respect for SOS.

Good points. Hey I would love to see Florida in the National Championship they have been my favourite team for a long time...but I would still be very shocked if it acctually happened.

transplant99
12-02-2006, 06:37 PM

But they need to beat Arkansas, a team that lost at home to USC by 36 pts.

They are in trouble now.

socalwingfan
12-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Ugly loss today, but far from a "choke" job. If you would have told any Trojan fan they would be in the Rose Bowl this year they would have gladly taken it. This is a 'rebuilding' year for SC, you can't lose the players they lost last year and expect to play for the National Championship. Everyone I know expected 2 -3 losses this year for the Trojans.

Full marks to the Bruin Defense - that is a fast, fast D and their Offense limited their mistakes.

Flames in 07
12-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Losing to UCLA is a choke job. UCLA is a middle of the pack team and they scored 9 pts. That's a choke.

Looks like Florida will win, I have been loking over the BCS standings and the computer rankings.

There's a decent chance that UF beating a #8 will flip them in the computers with Michigan. Presumably some people will switch their #2 vote with that win to. 50/50 chance I'd say.

socalwingfan
12-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Still don't consider it a choke job - it definitely sucked - but USC was playing their bitter rival at home, who had 2 weeks to prepare and listened for 2 weeks how USC was going to the National Championship after they whipped UCLA. Plus USC was coming off 3 very tough games, a letdown was almost expected.

USC showed exactly the type of team they are this year - young and unpredictible. THe Offensive line took about 10 penalties to kill them today. You don't lose Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush , LenDale White, Winston Justice and expect your offense to pickup where they left off. IMO this was the year the loss of Norm Chow really showed, last year Leinart, Bush, White, Garrett were running on auto-pilot.

kipperfan
12-03-2006, 12:45 AM
Still don't consider it a choke job - it definitely sucked - but USC was playing their bitter rival at home, who had 2 weeks to prepare and listened for 2 weeks how USC was going to the National Championship after they whipped UCLA. Plus USC was coming off 3 very tough games, a letdown was almost expected.

USC showed exactly the type of team they are this year - young and unpredictible. THe Offensive line took about 10 penalties to kill them today. You don't lose Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush , LenDale White, Winston Justice and expect your offense to pickup where they left off. IMO this was the year the loss of Norm Chow really showed, last year Leinart, Bush, White, Garrett were running on auto-pilot.

No way it was a choke job. Bruins came to play and their defence was HUGE all night. Booty was good but the UCLA defence was better.....no choke just a huge game by a slightly above average team playing to 110% of their potential.

moon
12-03-2006, 12:58 AM
No way it was a choke job. Bruins came to play and their defence was HUGE all night. Booty was good but the UCLA defence was better.....no choke just a huge game by a slightly above average team playing to 110% of their potential.

UCLA played their asses of no doubt but USC still should have been able to defeat them.

USC is "rebuilding" this year so at the start of the season I am sure most fans would have taken a 10-2 Rose Bowl season but in the position they were in I would say that they did choke. They were the better team and they didn't come through when they had to. How Jarrett was unable to score is beyond me. He should have dominated the UCLA recievers but for whatever reason did not seem to have it tonight.

Flames in 07
12-03-2006, 11:13 AM
The number #2 team in the country losses to a middle of the pack PAC10 team and that's not a choke? UCLA came to play but USC was #2 in the country!!!

Anyway it will be interesting today to see who gets to lose in Glendale on the 8th.

moon
12-03-2006, 11:57 AM
The number #2 team in the country losses to a middle of the pack PAC10 team and that's not a choke? UCLA came to play but USC was #2 in the country!!!

Anyway it will be interesting today to see who gets to lose in Glendale on the 8th.

I can tell you now. If Michigan goes it will be OSU, if Florida goes it will be Florida and everyone who watches that game.

Flames in 07
12-03-2006, 12:48 PM
I can tell you now. If Michigan goes it will be OSU, if Florida goes it will be FLorida and everyone who watcheds that game.

There's that much difference to you between UF and Michigan? I think Michigan had its chance, and allowing them back in the hunt takes away from the importance of the regular season, but other than that they are very similar caliber teams.

moon
12-03-2006, 01:37 PM
There's that much difference to you between UF and Michigan? I think Michigan had its chance, and allowing them back in the hunt takes away from the importance of the regular season, but other than that they are very similar caliber teams.

I think Florida will be one of the worst teams in the BCS. So yes I think there is that much of a difference. They have struggled all year long and relied on special teams and trick plays to get by. I think that works against average teams, but won't against a good team like Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, Boise St.

Their offense against the Ohio St. defense will be very inept and I espect that Ohio St. wil be ready for Tebow and Leak running as well as any trick plays with the WR's.

If you need three blocked kicks to beat South Carolina, bet Vandy by 4 points and play nobody Out of Conference then I don't have much faith that you can give a top team a run for their money.

Flames in 07
12-03-2006, 02:44 PM
I think Florida will be one of the worst teams in the BCS. So yes I think there is that much of a difference. They have struggled all year long and relied on special teams and trick plays to get by. I think that works against average teams, but won't against a good team like Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, Boise St.

Their offense against the Ohio St. defense will be very inept and I espect that Ohio St. wil be ready for Tebow and Leak running as well as any trick plays with the WR's.

If you need three blocked kicks to beat South Carolina, bet Vandy by 4 points and play nobody Out of Conference then I don't have much faith that you can give a top team a run for their money.

Moon, I'm totally confused, your last post says UF is the worst team in the BCS, but two posts ago you said they'll win the NC if given the chance.

Flames in 07
12-03-2006, 02:44 PM
UF passed Michigan in the coaches poll, I'm sure the computers will switch them as well. Bring it Florida!! I figured last night that just one poll has to flip and that will be enough. Have fun in Pasedena Michigan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2684904

moon
12-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Moon, I'm totally confused, your last post says UF is the worst team in the BCS, but two posts ago you said they'll win the NC if given the chance.

No I said that if Michigan goes to the BCS championship then OSU would lose if Florida goes then Florida would lose.

Florida has no shot at winning the NC in my view unless Ohio St. quits and sends in a Junior High team instead and even then I am not sold on Leak and that offense.

Flames in 07
12-03-2006, 03:26 PM
OK.

Well, we'll have to see, the more I look the more I'm convinced it's Florida. Both polls now have been leaked and indicate UF is number two.

Either way, it doesn't matter, OSU will win and everyone will say the best team won, so who cares.

As much as people bash it, it has been at least 7 for 8 in picking the winner, and the 8th to me was right but USC fans seem to think otherwise.

moon
12-03-2006, 03:33 PM
OK.

Well, we'll have to see, the more I look the more I'm convinced it's Florida. Both polls now have been leaked and indicate UF is number two.

Either way, it doesn't matter, OSU will win and everyone will say the best team won, so who cares.

As much as people bash it, it has been at least 7 for 8 in picking the winner, and the 8th to me was right but USC fans seem to think otherwise.

The year LSU "won" it was BS. USC would have taken LSU by 14 points. It was their best team that year (IMHO) and unlike last year against Texas their defense was actually healthy.

Why Florida is number 2 is beyond me. I could see how Michigan was behind USC but Florida? They have no impressive wins this year. They hae wins over decent teams but they haven't looked good in any game against a division 1AA opponent.

If it is them thats unfortunate and is an easy win for OSU.

Another good break for OSU. They are the only very good team this year amongst a bunch of good teams. They would get whopped by USC or Texas from last year and I think even beat by their own team from last year.They would have a tougher time against a few other of the BCS teams from last year over Florida as well.

Full credit to them because they have clearly been the best team this year. It is unfortunate they won't get a real test in the Championship game.

The Rose Bowl is going to be a great game and I am still not sure that the winner of that game couldn't beat OSU on a neutral field. When USC is on... oh well they sucked against two beatable teams.

Flames in 07
12-03-2006, 03:50 PM
The year LSU "won" it was BS. USC would have taken LSU by 14 points. It was their best team that year (IMHO) and unlike last year against Texas their defense was actually healthy.

Why Florida is number 2 is beyond me. I could see how Michigan was behind USC but Florida? They have no impressive wins this year. They hae wins over decent teams but they haven't looked good in any game against a division 1AA opponent.

If it is them thats unfortunate and is an easy win for OSU.

Another good break for OSU. They are the only very good team this year amongst a bunch of good teams. They would get whopped by USC or Texas from last year and I think even beat by their own team from last year.They would have a tougher time against a few other of the BCS teams from last year over Florida as well.

Full credit to them because they have clearly been the best team this year. It is unfortunate they won't get a real test in the Championship game.

The Rose Bowl is going to be a great game and I am still not sure that the winner of that game couldn't beat OSU on a neutral field. When USC is on... oh well they sucked against two beatable teams.

Your right that the field is much more even this year. But if it is not Florida then who? Michigan? They don't have any real impressive wins either. USC showed how good ND is. ND had two games on their sched this year and got a new one ripped each time.

At any rate, it doesn't really matter. We know who #1 is, and if they win on the 8th it doesn't really matter.

KTown
12-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Arkansas vs. Wisconsin is the game I'll be at.

Can't wait I'm pretty pumped

Flames in 07
12-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Nothing like going to a good bowl game. Nothing is sports quite like it.