PDA

View Full Version : NBA Basketball

Iggy=Flames4ever
10-11-2004, 10:49 AM
season only a couple weeks away, anyone ready? whose ur fav NBA team?
i love the Raptors

JiriHrdina
10-11-2004, 12:10 PM
I have been a fan of the Rockets for a very long time - ever since they drafted The Dream. However, the past few years I've had a very hard time cheering for them since they've had Stevie Franchise on their team who I disliked immensley. Selfish on and off the court. None the less, now that he's been shipped out I can once again fully cheer for the Rockets.

Your Raptors are a mess man. A total mess.

Patek23
10-11-2004, 02:18 PM
me I'm a Pistons fan ( not a bandwagoner) I started watching them in 2001 and got hooked, plus who can dislike Ben Wallace? I was pretty happy with their Championship but I feel the LA Lakers gave up and rolled over with all the balogne going on with Shaq vs. Kobe, Kobes Case and other minor issues. I think this year the Pistons have something to prove that their not just a a one-hit wonder and I can easily see them making the finals again this year with all of our players coming back and a few new comers.

calculoso
10-11-2004, 03:23 PM
I've been a Lakers fan ever since the days of Magic and Worth, just missing out on catching a glimpse of Kareem.

Now, though, they're just my West team. The team in the East for me is the Raptors, no matter how bad they've been.

Iggy=Flames4ever
10-11-2004, 04:51 PM
meh, the Raptors are still canadian thats why there the best, theyll make it into the playoffs this year with Carter and Bosh

Iggy=Flames4ever
10-11-2004, 04:52 PM
even if nobody wants carter....he's going to step up his game 110% to be noticed that he is worth it

Jiggy_12
10-11-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Iggy=Flames4ever@Oct 11 2004, 04:52 PM
even if nobody wants carter....he's going to step up his game 110% to be noticed that he is worth it
And get injured every month...

Homer_J
10-13-2004, 01:50 PM
When the Raptors and Grizzlies came into the league I cheered for both teams. As the Grizz slowly faded into the sunset I began cheering for the Raptors full time. I hope they can finally turn things around this season. I'm getting really sick of Carter's act, but I'm optimistic that he'll improve his game this year. I sent away for my free copy of NBA live 2005 (EA's buy 2,get 1 free deal) so I'm expecting that in the mail any day now. I need something to ease the lockout blues.

moon
10-13-2004, 02:34 PM
I guess the Raptors are my favorite team but I am very sick and tired of VC. He came in a had a great first couple of years. Then when he was being hyped as the next Jordan and top five player in the league it seems to have gone to his head and now is selfish and not nearly as great as he was.

I think he needs a new team to get back what he once had and hopefully Babcock can get something decent in return for him.

Fobulous
10-13-2004, 02:58 PM

I used to be a huge carter fan. But I realized that he has done nothing to back up his superstar status. Other than the flashy dunk here and there he really hasnt done anything.

Toronto has made some pretty bad moves in the past and I think they are about to make another bad trade involving carter. He isnt worth anything at the moment and with his recent trade plea I think they might need to trade him early in the season. They probably will not get too much in return either.

All in all, Toronto has to be my fav team. Other than that I like watching the Heat.

Dolamite
10-13-2004, 08:20 PM
I'd have to say, my favorite NBA team is definately the Knicks, been a pretty hardcore fan since the early 90's.. as they were one of the few teams that were able to continually challenge the bulls out east and made for a great rivalry between the two teams. It's pretty tough seeing them the past couple of years now though as they've been horribly mismanaged, and are probably gonna be out of the playoffs for the next couple of years until they can free some salary cap (but hey, you gotta stick with your team in the lean times too eh? *cough* flames *cough* so i guess i'm used to it.. lol)

Jiri, your team should be okay, Jeff Van Gundy is an awesome coach - I really wish he stayed in New York, if Van Gundy was still in NY, I'm sure NY wouldn't be out of the playoffs these past couple of years.

As for Vince Carter, the sooner the Raptors trade him, the better they are off. Half-man, Half-season is just hurting them waaaaaaay too much.

I_H8_Crawford
10-13-2004, 11:00 PM
T'Wolves all the way this year. KG finally got the playoff monkey off of his back, and they are a strong team this year, especially with the Lakers being destroyed this past season courtesy Kobe :D

And the Raps should try to get rid of Vince, but I dunno what they can get in return for the bum, I doubt that they'd even be able to score a lottery 1st rounder for him.

Fobulous
10-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Although I would love to see the Raptors make it to the playoffs I seriously doubt that anyone has a real chance against the pistons.

They are a solid team in all aspects and have the team chemistry needed to win.

Sylvanfan
10-15-2004, 08:51 PM
I cheer for whoever Steve Nash plays for. So I guess I'll be backing the Suns this year. I actually liked the Mavs and to be honest I like Marc Cuban too. He took a sorry sack franchise and has made them one of the upper echelon teams in the league. He basically got to live out a dream of his and in the process made it massively profitable. I like the way Nash orchestrates a good team game, and that he actually can make free throws. I always tell basketball fans that Steve Nash knew who his dad was, and that's why he can shoot better than 70% from the charity stripe.