PDA

View Full Version : Go Green!!!

SaskaBushFire
11-05-2006, 06:15 PM
A lot of respect between these two teams prior to this game, a lot of trash talk as well but that can be expected between any teams.

Will you Stampeder fans support the Green and the west or will you cheer against? What say you!!

GO GREEN!!!!

transplant99
11-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Go Lions.

ken0042
11-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Yep, go Lions.

Resolute 14
11-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Go Lions

Pagal4321
11-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Let's Go Lions!!!!

Bench Warmer
11-05-2006, 06:30 PM
A lot of respect between these two teams prior to this game, a lot of trash talk as well but that can be expected between any teams.

Will you Stampeder fans support the Green and the west or will you cheer against? What say you!!

GO GREEN!!!!

LET'S GO RIDERS!!!!!

Dion
11-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Go Lions!!!

Red Mile Style
11-05-2006, 06:42 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!

Let's go Riders!!!!!

:#1:

-Archon-
11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Go Lions!

Flickered Flame
11-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Go Wally!

ken0042
11-05-2006, 07:28 PM

GO GREEN!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!

Let's go Riders!!!!!

:#1:

There you have it folks. 100% proof that RMS is actually a Stampeders fan. :w00t:

Red Mile Style
11-05-2006, 07:39 PM
There you have it folks. 100% proof that RMS is actually a Stampeders fan. :w00t:

:blink:

KEN!!!!!!!

:fist:

I wonder how Calf's doing? I hope the little guy isn't crying in his pillow...

for too long :)

calf
11-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Go Lions!!

This sucks

Eddie Bronze
11-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Isn't this always the way it works in the playoffs? When one team dominates another in the regular season, it reverses itself in the post-season? Lions should be a lock to hammer Gang Green next weekend!

The Yen Man
11-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Wow, even though I don't really follow football, even I thought it was a brutal game. I'm not a die hard Stamps fan, but I do like to see them do well. Oh well, I guess the positive thing is, now they're gonna cut down on the Stamps talk on the Fan960 and have more Flames talk. :)

Oh, and of course, Rhett Warrener's gonna be happy, since he owns part of the Rough Riders.

Scrambler
11-05-2006, 08:21 PM
I'll be wearing black and orange at BC Place next Sunday. I was looking forward to seeing the Stamps come through here. But at the same time had they found a way to not disgrace the game today, they would have been slaughtered next week.

return to the red
11-05-2006, 08:59 PM
My wife and in-laws are hardcore Rider fans, that being said.................Go Lions

JiriHrdina
11-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Go Lions. Rider fans bug me.

pope04
11-05-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm pulling for the Lions.

browna
11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Go Lions. Rider fans bug me.

Agreed.

For the average Rider fan, the similar childish annoyance of Canuck fans.

For the smarter Rider fan, the cockiness of Eskimo or Oiler fans, with a sense of entitlement for being from a small market, and with absolutely nothing to brag about since the era of leather helmets.

I said "Go Lions" last ear after returning from the game. After sitting two rows behind the Riders bench this aft, and to prevent the same result as last year in the Western Final, I'll say "Go Argos/Als".

Thunderball
11-05-2006, 10:09 PM
I hate Wally, but I hate Rider Nation even more. Go Lions...

Red Mile Style
11-05-2006, 10:16 PM
You guys are a bunch of babies... from now on, Stamps fans shall be known as "Rolosons".

First, you Rolosons make accusations about bounties on your players, then like a jealous junior high girl you ban our mascot, and the final icing on the cake: "waa waa Rider fans suck because they're right, the Stamps suck and our sloppy seconds quarter-back sucks too".

At the end of the day, the trash talk is just that: trash talk, and the win is, well, the win.

woot woot!

ken0042
11-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Thank you RMS for that classic example of what everybody was talking about.

Oh, you poor Rider fans. Why doesn't everybody love you? Aren't we supposed to love you?

This is exactly why I am cheering for BC. Most of my friends who are Lions fans are far more gracious than the Riders fans.

If this board followed CFL rules you would have gotten 30 yards; 15 for taunting and another 15 for unsportmanlike conduct with that last post.

My appologies to those of you on the board who are Rider fans who have shown some class tonight. The preceding comment was not indended for you.

SaskaBushFire
11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
I like to cheer for my team, of course I will cheer loud. Do you go to Flames games and cheer in your head?

Wow I finally know what it feels like to come to this board and deal with the people as an opposeing fan, and I have just gained a lot of respect for those who stick around.

GO GREEN!!!!

Red Mile Style
11-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Thank you RMS for that classic example of what everybody was talking about.

Oh, you poor Rider fans. Why doesn't everybody love you? Aren't we supposed to love you?

This is exactly why I am cheering for BC. Most of my friends who are Lions fans are far more gracious than the Riders fans.

If this board followed CFL rules you would have gotten 30 yards; 15 for taunting and another 15 for unsportmanlike conduct with that last post.

My appologies to those of you on the board who are Rider fans who have shown some class tonight. The preceding comment was not indended for you.

Ahhhh, classic Roloson here...

:)

It's okay Ken, I know you're kind of hurting because your Bombers also got knocked out today... well, it was going to happen sooner or later - if not today at the Grey Cup when Sask. would've walloped them!

If this board was the CFL I would be the Riders and you would be the Eskimos...

woot woot!

GO RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

shoestring
11-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Rider fans are annoying and over the top but they don't even live at home anymore so it won't matter to me if they go to the cup. Besides it is so close. Good for Winnipeg!

When I lived in Vancouver I was meeting fans that said they only cared if they were winning (and then they rubbed it in) and even those were few and far between.
Laiszie faere ! (sp? ,no kidding!)
Like BC's political spectrum.

If the Bombers would have won we might have had a true classic. No way now. Same old,same old. go riders. :bleh:

JiriHrdina
11-06-2006, 12:05 AM
You guys are a bunch of babies... from now on, Stamps fans shall be known as "Rolosons".

First, you Rolosons make accusations about bounties on your players, then like a jealous junior high girl you ban our mascot, and the final icing on the cake: "waa waa Rider fans suck because they're right, the Stamps suck and our sloppy seconds quarter-back sucks too".

At the end of the day, the trash talk is just that: trash talk, and the win is, well, the win.

woot woot!

I don't think anyone made accusations about bounties, or banned your mascot. Don't confuse the fans with the players.

Yup. This is why Rider fans bug me. I'm not even a big CFL fan, but Rider Nation has turned from being the sweet underdog of the CFL to being a cocky bunch of fans that seems to think they are entitled to something.

Go lions.

Red Mile Style
11-06-2006, 12:20 AM
Jeez, chill out.

It's not like anybody is really being serious here. Why does anybody have to hate any fans anyway? Rivalries are always fun.

I personally love Rider fans, because the one thing you will never find amoungst them is a bandwagoner. I wish all Flames fans were like Rider fans, that way we wouldn't have people jumping ship 10 games in.

PeArD
11-06-2006, 01:53 AM
Go Riders!!

ken0042
11-06-2006, 07:07 AM
I like to cheer for my team, of course I will cheer loud. Do you go to Flames games and cheer in your head?

Wow I finally know what it feels like to come to this board and deal with the people as an opposeing fan, and I have just gained a lot of respect for those who stick around.

GO GREEN!!!!

And there is nothing wrong with that, or anything I have seen you post since the win. I have absolutely zero problem with somebody coming on and saying "go my team."

What bugs me is people who get upset and call others babies because they aren't ready to cheer for the team they were cheering against 3 hours earlier- that I do have a problem with.

As for the Bombers' loss, meh. I walked into the pub yesterday afternoon, and when my buddies mentioned me wearing my Bombers jersey my comment was "last game of the season; I gotta." :D

Bench Warmer
11-06-2006, 07:09 AM
No post.

Cheese
11-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Riders all the way now.....they deserve the support after handing the Stamps their jockstraps.
Its time for Rider Pride!

WesternCanadaKing
11-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Rider fans are annoying and over the top but they don't even live at home anymore so it won't matter to me if they go to the cup. Besides it is so close. Good for Winnipeg!

When I lived in Vancouver I was meeting fans that said they only cared if they were winning (and then they rubbed it in) and even those were few and far between.
Laiszie faere ! (sp? ,no kidding!)
Like BC's political spectrum.

If the Bombers would have won we might have had a true classic. No way now. Same old,same old. go riders. :bleh:

I believe thats "Laissez-faire" :ph34r: .

But yeah, whatever. I'm not a diehard Stamps fan, never really got too into it. And even though I know jack about football I could tell that Burris was playing like a big pile of poo. Make a damn decision out there instead of running around looking like a chicken with it's head cut off!

Oh yeah, Go Lions!

pepper24
11-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Go Lions!

The Riders needed 6 turnovers and a Burris choke act to squeak out a win. The Lions won't give the game to Riders like the Stamps. I expect the Lions to win by a few TD's.

SaskaBushFire
11-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Go Lions!

The Riders needed 6 turnovers and a Burris choke act to squeak out a win. The Lions won't give the game to Riders like the Stamps. I expect the Lions to win by a few TD's.

Wrong.

Red Mile Style
11-06-2006, 01:31 PM
**cough cough Rolosons cough cough**

The better team won. Sask. made their fair share of mistakes - that missed pass by Keith in the end zone comes to mind - The Stamps didn't score a single point in the second half - plus they had a 16 point lead at one point.

Sportsmanship people - if the Stamps truly were the better team, they would've won.

woot woot!

ken0042
11-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Sportsmanship people - if the Stamps truly were the better team, they would've won.

I'm just trying to see where anybody has said that the Stamps were the better team. I think it's obvious that they were not.

That being said, I cannot see BC giving up as many turnovers as the Stamps did. So with fewer turnovers, 2 good QBs, and a good coach I think it's fair to say that Saskatchewan will not be able to play the same way as they did yesterday and expect to win.

Now, if the Riders turn it up a notch or two, then BC will have their hands full.

Dion
11-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Go Lions!

Yup! Stamps handed them the game on a silver platter.

It will be great when Dickenson and company bring Rider fans to a crashing thud when their team gets routed in the West final

Dion
11-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Wrong.

It's reality

SaskaBushFire
11-06-2006, 02:22 PM
It's reality

Don't be a sore loser :/

Dion
11-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Don't be a sore loser :/

Sore loser? :rolleyes:

Just stating that facts as all. Any other QB that Burris in the second half we win.

Btw reality is going to suck when your beloved Riders loose to the Lions :D

SaskaBushFire
11-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Sore loser? :rolleyes:

Just stating that facts as all. Any other QB that Burris in the second half we win.

Btw reality is going to suck when your beloved Riders loose to the Lions :D

Yes when we "loose" to the Lions ... :cool:

Eddie Bronze
11-06-2006, 04:07 PM
I'll definitely never support the Riders from the way there fans "greeted" me after this loss. Telling me "Stamps fans suck" when we have nothing to do with the way the players play? Riders fans true colors show when they win, they're a bunch of jackasses if I must say so. When they lose they run and hide in their holes just like that Prairie Dog mascot.

I hope the Lions destroy them just because of the bad fans that team has.

SaskaBushFire
11-06-2006, 04:16 PM
I'll definitely never support the Riders from the way there fans "greeted" me after this loss. Telling me "Stamps fans suck" when we have nothing to do with the way the players play? Riders fans true colors show when they win, they're a bunch of jackasses if I must say so. When they lose they run and hide in their holes just like that Prairie Dog mascot.

I hope the Lions destroy them just because of the bad fans that team has.

Someone got rolled in a CFL play off game.

Eddie Bronze
11-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Someone got rolled in a CFL play off game.

See that's your guys whole thing. We've pounded you time and time again in the regular season since Hank came here but I never once said a word to any of my "friends" who are Rider fans. They win once and their heads blow up to about the same size as Tie Domi's. I won't keep quiet anymore. I'll be glad to throw it back in your faces when BC demolishes you next weekend.

SaskaBushFire
11-06-2006, 04:38 PM
See that's your guys whole thing. We've pounded you time and time again in the regular season since Hank came here but I never once said a word to any of my "friends" who are Rider fans. They win once and their heads blow up to about the same size as Tie Domi's. I won't keep quiet anymore. I'll be glad to throw it back in your faces when BC demolishes you next weekend.

mmmmkay, good luck with that chief.

Did you ever think your buddies, or we, are razzing you because we/they know it will get a rise out of you?

Resolute 14
11-06-2006, 05:22 PM

woot woot!

And this, right here, is why I despise the Riders.

Impossible to respect the fanbase of a team with an arrogance that belies how truely incompetent the team they cheer for is.

Dion
11-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Yes when we "loose" to the Lions ... :cool:

So we have a wise guy in our midst :rolleyes:

Mccree
11-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Go Lions

OILFAN #81
11-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Are Stamps fans going for the Lions because it is the lesser of two evils? Because it was only a month ago where Simon vs Lewis vs Copeland happened and where Simon and Kidd called Lewis and the Stamps organization "untalented punk bitches" and they didn't worry the Lions in terms of skill on the field. Plus all that bounty stuff, etc.

In any case, my team is already out so I hope it's a good football game. I hope the Grey Cup winner is the winner of this game though. I want a Western Team to win it.

Eddie Bronze
11-06-2006, 06:55 PM
mmmmkay, good luck with that chief.

Did you ever think your buddies, or we, are razzing you because we/they know it will get a rise out of you?

I haven't said a word to them.

calf
11-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Are Stamps fans going for the Lions because it is the lesser of two evils? Because it was only a month ago where Simon vs Lewis vs Copeland happened and where Simon and Kidd called Lewis and the Stamps organization "untalented punk bitches" and they didn't worry the Lions in terms of skill on the field. Plus all that bounty stuff, etc.

In any case, my team is already out so I hope it's a good football game. I hope the Grey Cup winner is the winner of this game though. I want a Western Team to win it.
It's definitely not the lesser of two evils - for me, the BC stuff wasn't really personal or vicious.

For me, I'm cheering for the Lions because
1) I hate the Riders (lost a sig/avy bet with Red Mile Style :( )
2) I still have a soft spot for Wally Buono, Dave Dickenson, and I have a ton of respect for the rest of the team, including Geroy. It's impossible for me to hate the Lions, and I'd even go as far to say that they're my 2nd favorite team.

Red Mile Style
11-06-2006, 08:10 PM

Exactly! Stamps fans are kind of... flakey... let alone probably the sorest losers of any professional team.

():-)

calf
11-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Exactly! Stamps fans are kind of... flakey... let alone probably the sorest losers of any professional team.
um, care to back up your opinion, or are you just being a sore winner while you're at it?

Red Mile Style
11-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Gainer accepts your apology calf...

JiriHrdina
11-06-2006, 08:50 PM

I don't much care for the Lions eithers but gawd help us if the Riders win the Grey Cup - you would never hear the end of it.

Dion
11-06-2006, 09:00 PM
How to tell if someone is from Saskatchewan:

10. Once every third decade or so, they perform strange, ritualistic dances in public places wearing watermelons on their heads to celebrate their latest Grey Cup victory.
9. They pronounce Saskatchewan "Skatchw'n."
8. You overhear someone explain how he installed a counter binder on his combine's pulley-driven wheat flattener with a square head hydrostatic coupler, using a universal bushing degreaser and you can't believe he left only five inches of clearance between the kernel rotor and the straw-feed regulator -- the idiot!
7. They know the difference between a farmer and a rancher.
6. They rent off-season storage space for the snowmobile on a week-by-week basis.
5. They know when Christmas is near because stores stay open late TWO nights a week rather than one.
4. They can't understand why American television networks never settle on a schedule instead of shifting all their programs back and forth for an hour every spring and fall.
3. They actually understand, and perhaps can describe in detail, the necessity for geographical correction lines.
2. They're confused when cars come equipped with options that would never be needed, such as curb feelers and turn signals, yet obvious options such as trailer hitches and air conditioning are extras.
1. When you ask them what they think of Calgary -- they say, "It's nice, but the mountains block out the sunset."

North East Goon
11-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Saskatchewan all the way! I know people dont like the gloating from us flatlanders, but throw us a bone, we never win so when we do, we are not exactly sure how to act. :) For the first time, I felt sorry for Burris, he is a great guy. I am not sure what happened these last 2 playoff games for your boy's, I think he is psyching himself out now.

Julio
11-10-2006, 03:21 PM
It's definitely not the lesser of two evils - for me, the BC stuff wasn't really personal or vicious.

Calf quote from a "Is Geory's pose gay" thread:

"you know how I know Geroy Simon's gay?

1) Because he macramed himself a pair of jean shorts.

2) He likes Coldplay.

3) He liked the movie "Maid in Manhattan".

4) I saw him make a spinach dip in a loaf of sour dough bread once.

5) He has a rainbow bumpersticker on his car that says "I love it when balls are in my face"."

Not personal Calf? Just sounds like more of the lesser of two evils than any respect you have for the Lions.

Boreal
11-10-2006, 04:13 PM
How to tell if someone is from Saskatchewan:

10. Once every third decade or so, they perform strange, ritualistic dances in public places wearing watermelons on their heads to celebrate their latest Grey Cup victory.
9. They pronounce Saskatchewan "Skatchw'n."
8. You overhear someone explain how he installed a counter binder on his combine's pulley-driven wheat flattener with a square head hydrostatic coupler, using a universal bushing degreaser and you can't believe he left only five inches of clearance between the kernel rotor and the straw-feed regulator -- the idiot!
7. They know the difference between a farmer and a rancher.
6. They rent off-season storage space for the snowmobile on a week-by-week basis.
5. They know when Christmas is near because stores stay open late TWO nights a week rather than one.
4. They can't understand why American television networks never settle on a schedule instead of shifting all their programs back and forth for an hour every spring and fall.
3. They actually understand, and perhaps can describe in detail, the necessity for geographical correction lines.
2. They're confused when cars come equipped with options that would never be needed, such as curb feelers and turn signals, yet obvious options such as trailer hitches and air conditioning are extras.
1. When you ask them what they think of Calgary -- they say, "It's nice, but the mountains block out the sunset."

When you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw stones. Last time I checked we share one of those geographic lines of which you speak.

rubecube
11-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Lions all the way. BTW, I heard a rumour that DD might be available after this year. If so I hope the Stamps dump Burris like bad chili.

Boreal
11-10-2006, 04:47 PM
I hope so too, that way Jackie Mitchel can give him another lickin in a different jersey.

rubecube
11-13-2006, 11:11 AM
It's been very quiet around here for the last 24 hours...

Dion
11-13-2006, 02:13 PM
It's been very quiet around here for the last 24 hours...

Yeah! What happened to all those Rider fans :D

rubecube
11-13-2006, 02:20 PM
[quote=Eddie Bronze] When they lose they run and hide in their holes just like that Prairie Dog mascot.

[\quote]

Pretty much sums it up.

SaskaBushFire
11-13-2006, 03:10 PM
LoL ya damn Rider fans, bunch of cowards.

Go Lions!!!