PDA

View Full Version : From Horses To Horsepower?

snowdude
08-03-2004, 06:34 AM
Stampede Board Shifts Gear (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2004/08/03/567113.html)

I would love to see a CART race in Calgary. I don't really like auto racing that much, but i do watch and care a little bit about CART because road courses beat watching cars go in a circle for hours

Deelow
08-04-2004, 09:33 AM
A race through Vicl Park ;)
That will sell the city!!!. I think it's a good idea but I don't know if that's the route I would choose. I don't think Race City has a chance.

BlackArcher101
08-04-2004, 02:33 PM
It would be nice to see, but would take a lot to make it fly.
All road surfaces have to be really smooth. Hard to have in Calgary unless some major improvements are made.

The money comes from the province? Sounds like the Stampede board wants to improve the grounds, and are going to use another excuse to do it so they get the money.

Hopefully it works out and we see a race there within 3 years.

Cowboy
08-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Race through Mount Royal...sell a false impression of the city as welll....the traffic circles could be very interesting :P

Dirty Mr. Clean
08-05-2004, 03:53 AM
I like the idea of Calgary hosting a major race. One bonus to having it downtown is the roads in that area would always be in great shape.

Fire
08-05-2004, 07:00 PM
I would definitely buy a ticket to watch a cart race in Calgary even though I'm not as big of a fan as I was 5 years ago. An event like this would make Calgary even more well known around the globe.