PDA

View Full Version : Off to the Twin Cities.... hopefully

Homer_J
10-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Should the Yankees win atleast one of the next two games, I'll be heading down to Minneapolis for game 4. I can't see Minnesota sweeping the Yanks, but I guess you never know.

Has anyone here been to a game in Minneapolis before? It'll be our first time in the city and I'm not sure of where to stay or the best way to get to the MetroDome on Saturday. Any help would e greatly appreciated. Thanks

Calgary Flames
10-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Call the consierge (sp?) at your hotel... they know all.

nik-
10-06-2004, 04:04 PM
I went to a game in Minneapolis just back in August ... not the greatest stadium, but the atmosphere for that game is gonna be awesome .. I envy you. It depends where you're staying I guess as far as the best way to get there.

If you can get there a few hours early there is some wicked parking right beside the stadium (I "think" on the 6th St side but I can't remember 100%), I got there early on a Saturday game and got parking for like 4 bucks.

They had some fan area there with like a trivia stand and some beer and hotdog vendors so there's a place to hang about if you get there early. That WAS August though it may be a little chilly for that now.

Jiggy_12
10-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Loudest stadium in the league, the noise reverberates throughout. You'll have a blast.

Homer_J
10-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Just a follow up:

We made it to the game and, other than the outcome, it was awesome. It was our first time in Minnesota and it's a beautiful State, especially at this time of year. The city of Minneapolis seemed very clean, easy to drive, and the people were very friendly. We ended up getting a hotel right downtown so it was just a short walk to the game. The weather was beautiful, the crowd was huge, and the Metrodome was rockin'(however, it was no 'C of Red'). Santana had a great start but the Twins let it slip away in the eighth. Still saw a great game. I would recommend seeing a playoff game to anyone. Even my wife, who's not a big baseball fan, had a blast. She was primarily there for the shopping (I'm dreading the Mastercard bill this month :blink:). We will definitely be returning to the Twin Cities in the future.

nik-
10-15-2004, 05:56 PM
I'm a big fan of the TC been there 4 times, would love to go back too.