PDA

View Full Version : Brushci story on NFL Sunday Countdown

Eddie Bronze
10-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Did anyone else on here get a chance to see this?

There's been a lot of story's on about Teddy Bruschi since his heart surgery, but this one topped them all. They told the story of baby named Andrew who was born with a heart condition. His parents were talking to a local priest about what to do when, not if, he passed only days after his birth, it was that bleak. As a baby, he went through a 15-hour surgery and then two more surgeries as he got a little older. He survived it and now leads what appears to be a very normal life.

They showed his room where he's got it all decked out in Patriots stuff (Bruschi posters) and the kid was quoting scores and games from the three Super Bowls the Pats won. They asked him why he liked Brushci so much and he said, "because he had heart surgery like me." The Patriots and Bruschi did an amazing thing for this kid, letting him essentially live out his dream. They brought him to the Patriots Stadium and gave him a chance to go out on the field and pretended to score a game-winning touchdown. Afterward, Teddy gave Andrew a signed gameball from a playoff game that the Patriots players had given him. It was hard to watch this and not have your eyes well up, even Chris Berman was having a hard time on National TV when they came back from the piece.

These are the kind of stories we need to see more of and really, should be an inspiration to all of us. They made a kids dream come true and it would be nice to see pro-athletes step up and do stuff like this more often. Hats off to Teddy Bruschi and the Patriots, obviously a world-class organization.

FlamesKickAss
10-22-2006, 11:12 AM
i saw that about 2 months ago on ESPN sportscentre when I was in NJ. Very cool story. ESPN did a whole bunch of them actually and run them during SC.

habernac
10-22-2006, 11:14 AM
great story! He's been my favourite Pat for a very long time.

Stories like this one are great. I'm reading a Ted Williams biography right now. He was this larger than life loud sometimes miserable person, but the one no one knew about was the quiet man who spent so many hours at the bedsides of sick children.

VANFLAMESFAN
10-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Didnt see the story, but wish I would have. I only got one Pats jersey, and #54 is on the back of it.

mykalberta
10-31-2006, 10:36 AM
Definately a good story - sorry to sidetrack but,

Is NFL PrimeTime still on in Canada? Ever since NBC took over Sunday Night Football I can never find NFL PrimeTime.

MYK