PDA

View Full Version : Raptors 5-0 in preseason action.

JohnnyFlame
10-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Sounds like the new GM has put together a good team. Every game it's like 6 or 7 players in double figures. Sounds like they have some real good depth. Not expecting them to do much but maybe scratch and claw to eighth but potential wise this team looks really good.

Plus I have the feeling they will be entertaining to watch. Heck I can't wait till they start -- will give another option to watching the Flames misfire.

O_M_A
10-19-2006, 10:10 PM
They'll be an entertaining team to watch this year. Fred Jones is a true high-flyer.

If these guys buy into Mitchell's system and they really commit to rebounding and playing some defence they could make a run for a playoff spot.

Regardless they'll be fun to watch. Three years from now Bosh and Bargnani are going to be a nightmare for the rest of the East... matchup nightmares.

JohnnyFlame
10-19-2006, 10:15 PM
They'll be an entertaining team to watch this year. Fred Jones is a true high-flyer.

If these guys buy into Mitchell's system and they really commit to rebounding and playing some defence they could make a run for a playoff spot.

Regardless they'll be fun to watch. Three years from now Bosh and Bargnani are going to be a nightmare for the rest of the East... matchup nightmares.

Yep I like the fact they have the athletic type bigmen and so many guys now who can shoot. Sounds like they have plenty of ways to score including some real good 3pt shooters.

Mike__
10-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Gargajosa has been playing well 13.3 ppg along with 3.30 RPG in 29.4 MPG

Bargnani has average 11.3/3.5 in only 18 mpg.

Calderon has 9 p/5.5 a/2 stls in 25 mins while compared to Ford, he has 8.8/6.3/1.75 in 22 mins

Humphris is average 9.5/6 reb in only 13.5 mins

JohnnyFlame
10-20-2006, 07:56 AM
I think the book on Ford is he is getting better and better. His is a key role and a role which requires more learning than the others in the system. I'm reading he is picking up when the other players want the ball and where he should give it to them for them to be successful.

HitterD
10-20-2006, 12:44 PM
The good news is that the Raptors are in the Eastern Conference. In the west, i highly doubt they would have a shot at the playoffs, but playing in the much weaker east will allow that opportunity.

The Raptors look to be one of the more well rounded teams in the East. Not much star power (Bosh, that may be it really), but alot of decent players who will compliment each other really well. We look to have a very strong bench this year as well, something sorely lacking in the last few years. I love the amount of young European players on the team as well. The future of basketball is moving towards a European game, which is starting to dominate the international championships. I think the Raptors are in good position to play this type of game in the NBA, and possible to quite well.