PDA

View Full Version : Bourne Supremacy!!

Cowboy
08-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Haven't seen a review.

I highly reccommend this movie, it was well written, well directed, and the acting was great. Movie kept you on the edge of your seat for the whole 2hours. One of the better movies I have seen lately

What did everyone think?

I do have to say there were a couple parts that bothered me...i.e. in the car chase, the window blows out due to an impact and you can see the helmet of the stunt driver inside (I think...very subtle)...

Dirty Mr. Clean
08-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Really I loved the Car chase they actual show them hitting the clutch and spinning the wheel a whole lot get gain control of the car. One shot of a helmet sucks but it was still a great car chase.

Ro
08-03-2004, 01:35 AM
I really, really enjoyed it as well. The first one was great, and I thought Supremacy was even better.

Jason Bourne is just such a cool character. And a decent plot doesn't hurt either- definitely was surprised during a few scenes (haven't read the books), and was thoroughly entertained throughout. Matt Damon was really quite good as well- he seems to be growing into the character nicely. Wasn't as forced as he was in Identity. The direction was rather frenetic and cut-heavy, but it worked for me for the most part. The chase scenes at the end were very well done (didn't notice any helmet), and yeah, it was just a very, very cool movie.

Also found it interesting that the cities in which it took place (Goa, Naples, London, NYC, Moscow, Berlin, I know I'm forgetting a couple), were all given quite a bit of scenic screentime, which would lead me to believe it was all shot on location. Neat stuff. Would recommend it.

I-Hate-Hulse
08-03-2004, 02:53 AM
I seem to recall seeing Damon on a talk show where he mentioned he was in the Czech Republic filiming. I'm guess it was standing in for Moscow. Wasn't the Borune Identity filmed in Montreal?

Scrambler
08-03-2004, 03:04 AM
Can't wait to see the movie. Is it worth seeing 'Identidy' before 'Supremacy', or can you watch the latter without missing much of a beat?

Cowboy
08-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Scrambler@Aug 3 2004, 09:04 AM
Can't wait to see the movie. Is it worth seeing 'Identidy' before 'Supremacy', or can you watch the latter without missing much of a beat?
You can certainly watch this one with the other...I could hardly remember the Identity as is the case with most movies that I have seen over a year ago...

Just be patient, might be frustrating to begin with

Rocky Raccoon
08-04-2004, 06:25 PM
If you enjoy the movies all I am going so say is read the books, they are different, very different, and I meant that in a very good way. It makes Bourne more of a human and shows some emotion from the character which makes it much better.

Calgary Flames
08-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Raccoon@Aug 4 2004, 06:25 PM
If you enjoy the movies all I am going so say is read the books, they are different, very different, and I meant that in a very good way. It makes Bourne more of a human and shows some emotion from the character which makes it much better.
Cool, i'll look into it, I want to get a spy book.. btw Maxwell you could've gotten scottie to change your nickname without losing your post count... not sure if it matters to you though *shrug*

Rocky Raccoon
08-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by SuperNilson+Aug 4 2004, 05:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SuperNilson @ Aug 4 2004, 05:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rocky Raccoon@Aug 4 2004, 06:25 PM
Cool, i'll look into it, I want to get a spy book.. btw Maxwell you could've gotten scottie to change your nickname without losing your post count... not sure if it matters to you though *shrug* [/b][/quote]
I don't really care that much about post counts, I just didn't get the e-mail or anything but Scottie is doing something so I only have one account again. But I need a new name, I like Rocky Raccoon, but I was also thinking of something along the lines of Mean Mr. Mustard

Calgary Flames
08-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Raccoon+Aug 4 2004, 06:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocky Raccoon @ Aug 4 2004, 06:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by SuperNilson@Aug 4 2004, 05:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Rocky Raccoon@Aug 4 2004, 06:25 PM
Cool, i'll look into it, I want to get a spy book.. btw Maxwell you could've gotten scottie to change your nickname without losing your post count... not sure if it matters to you though *shrug*
I don't really care that much about post counts, I just didn't get the e-mail or anything but Scottie is doing something so I only have one account again. But I need a new name, I like Rocky Raccoon, but I was also thinking of something along the lines of Mean Mr. Mustard [/b][/quote]
Sounds a little too "Mr. Mastadon" no?? ;)

Rocky Raccoon
08-04-2004, 07:14 PM
I thought about that, but hell mine is much better, there is no denying that, plus think of all the sleeps in a hole in the road jokes you can make....