PDA

View Full Version : Superstar Wingers Swapped

underdawg
08-03-2004, 12:32 AM
News out of Long Island has swift and slick forward Martin Havlat leaving the New York Islanders for Skilled forward Jeff Friesen and Defenseman Andy Sutton.

GM Navroz Khimji said the following while gofing in Whisler BC: "We felt that this trade was in our best interest. When we give up someone like Martin Havlat you better believe we knew what we were doing. Havlats contract will expire at years end, and we will have to sign him to bigger and longer deal. On the flip side we get back 2 excellent players that are signed for 3 years and give us some stability for the future. Andy Sutton is quietly becoming an excellent defenceman in the CPHL and Jeff Friesen fits the style that we want on this team."

Khimji also said: " I have to put my mark on this team period. There were some changes that needed to be made and i am half way to satisfaction rignt now, the season is still a bit away but i really wanted to get all this crap out of the way initially. If you are asking who's next? Well i guess we will have to wait and see. ..."

TRADE DETAILS!

To: Ottawa Senators
Havlat, Martin (RW)
2005 2nd Round Draft Choice (nyi)

To: New York Islanders
Sutton, Andy (D)
Friesen, Jeff (LW)
2005 3rd Round Draft Choice (ott)

Money: Ottawa Senators sends New York Islanders $1.75 million for the 2004-05 season
Terms: NYI agrees to send the GERIATRIC GIRLS.COM dvd to the GM of the SENS!!!

Radically Red
08-03-2004, 09:35 AM
The Senators are happy to aquire a player with the Talant of Havlat. We feel he will fit in well with the talant we have already assembled. It is belived that he be lineing up beside Joe Sakic and his Buddy Daniel Alfredsson.

We have purpsued Havlat for quite some time and the GM of the Islander insited we take his Geriatic video off his hands (something about not wanting his mom to find out he watched these kind of movies) Since this was the deal breaker we accepted. This video is available to highest bidder.