PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays Beat The Yanks!!!!!

Andrew
07-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Well in this dissappointing season for the jays, there is one thing to be excited about!

ChipOne
07-28-2004, 08:46 PM
i wonder if the umps were letting things slide after that fiasco from the last game.

RedHot25
07-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Did you see the highlights...?

Especially re: Enrique Wilson on the Yanks. Poor Guy.

He's up to bat, pitch comes in, fouls it right off his noggin - buit it doesn't hit the helmet (at least I don't think it did), instead it kind of hits his actual face/side of his head.

And if thats not bad enough, next pitch...he swings...misses...and catches Zaun (the Jays catcher) pretty good in the head with his bat...

Andrew
07-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by RedHot25@Jul 28 2004, 08:55 PM
Did you see the highlights...?

Especially re: Enrique Wilson on the Yanks. Poor Guy.

He's up to bat, pitch comes in, fouls it right off his noggin - buit it doesn't hit the helmet (at least I don't think it did), instead it kind of hits his actual face/side of his head.

And if thats not bad enough, next pitch...he swings...misses...and catches Zaun (the Jays catcher) pretty good in the head with his bat...
Well that is almost laughable. The yanks need a second baseman, wilson just isn't fitting for that all star team.

flambers
07-28-2004, 09:27 PM
The Jays do have some positives. Look at Rios he is really playing well, plus the two young pitcher call ups.

I wonder if the Jays will make any more trades before the trade deadline on Saturday?

calf
07-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Ok, I saw the replays of all the stuff going on last night, but with no sound - what happened??

Andrew
07-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by flambers@Jul 28 2004, 09:27 PM
The Jays do have some positives. Look at Rios he is really playing well, plus the two young pitcher call ups.

I wonder if the Jays will make any more trades before the trade deadline on Saturday?
rios, bush, chulk and frasor have been excellent.

the starting pitching has been great. really if u look at batting average and era the jays are not that bad of a team. its timely hitting on offense and the bullpen besides the two young guys (chulk and frasor)... enough lightenberg and speier

trades? with cat req. offseason surgery, he might nto be wanted.

batista and lilly will not be moved unless we get a REALLY good prospect.

SOOO, i don't see any major trades, maybe those crappy relievers will be moved.

the jays will be good in the future, i like their minor league pitching with mcgowan, rosario, arnold, peterson, vermilyea, purcey, perkins, jackson. they will have solid pitching the future. the offense was an off year i think, its all the injuries

Pagal4321
07-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Well I'll be, I was pretty much settled on the Yanks sweep when they went into 10. But good shot Vernon. Yes there are some bright spots, but a slight few really, Rios is really just something out there isn't it. Reminding me a little of Wells in his rookie year, but Wells was hyped upbeyond beleif.

Mccree
07-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by calf@Jul 29 2004, 03:33 AM
Ok, I saw the replays of all the stuff going on last night, but with no sound - what happened??
Not sure but I read somewhere that Catinalatto (sp) was upset that the crew cheif ump was dropping f bombs at the Jays but I am not sure.

flambers
07-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Mccree+Jul 29 2004, 04:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mccree @ Jul 29 2004, 04:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-calf@Jul 29 2004, 03:33 AM
Not sure but I read somewhere that Catinalatto (sp) was upset that the crew cheif ump was dropping f bombs at the Jays but I am not sure.

[/b][/quote]
The paper (Cantinalatto Opinion) said, The first base umpire went over to the dug out to tell two of the Blue Jays (Rookies) they can not watch the replays on TV. This was just after the Rios was called out at Home. Catinalatto stated he heard the umpire drop a few "f" bombs so he went out to defend his fellow team mates and the ump used another "f" bomb and he lost it ................

JiriHrdina
07-28-2004, 11:43 PM
J.P. was on the postgame show tonight taking calls. A lot of interesting comments but one that caught my ear was "we may not be a playoff team until 2007". It seems to me that just a year ago JP was talking about this team contending in 2005 or 2006 at the latest. Seems to be revising his timelines. 2007 is a long way off. Too long perhaps, although I'm still on board with what he's doing.

Also made some comments about what Delgado would be worth to the Jays. Didn't leave much of a door open to resign him. Which is smart.

flambers
07-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Yah, the media is saying the Jays will have a 50M Budget next year. How could they afford to pay 1 player 20M? Delgado is gone.... I was hoping he would waive his no trade clause..........

RedHot25
07-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Andrew+Jul 29 2004, 03:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Andrew @ Jul 29 2004, 03:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-flambers@Jul 28 2004, 09:27 PM

the starting pitching has been great. really if u look at batting average and era the jays are not that bad of a team. its timely hitting on offense and the bullpen besides the two young guys (chulk and frasor)... enough lightenberg and speier

the jays will be good in the future, i like their minor league pitching with mcgowan, rosario, arnold, peterson, vermilyea, purcey, perkins, jackson. they will have solid pitching the future. the offense was an off year i think, its all the injuries [/b][/quote]
not so sure about chulk....

rios has been good, yes, but he really needs to get some power going on...

Andrew
07-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by RedHot25+Jul 29 2004, 09:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RedHot25 @ Jul 29 2004, 09:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Andrew@Jul 29 2004, 03:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-flambers@Jul 28 2004, 09:27 PM
The Jays do have some positives.# Look at Rios he is really playing well,# plus the two young pitcher call ups.

the jays will be good in the future, i like their minor league pitching with mcgowan, rosario, arnold, peterson, vermilyea, purcey, perkins, jackson. they will have solid pitching the future. the offense was an off year i think, its all the injuries
not so sure about chulk....

rios has been good, yes, but he really needs to get some power going on... [/b][/quote]
Rios is 6'5 and like 200 pounds, he can fill out that frame, he has to add some muscle and i am sure the the power will come. he hits lots of doubles, that shows he is hitting it hard, but not hard enough.

on another note, i think hte reason ricciardi has to postpone his 'contention' deadline is because we had so many injuries this year. McGowan is done probably until 2006 and he is our top pitching prospect which kinda sucks, but lots of pitchers come back strong after tommy john. He would have been a #2-4 starter on the team in 2006 if we were to contend.

Vermilyea recently threw a no hitter in double A, this guy has some good stuff.

lots of the pitchers i mentioned, i forgot about banks and league. this team is deep in minor league pitching. ricciardi helped to draft hudson, mulder, zito etc..... i think he knows what he is doing. Bush looks really good. Remember roy halladay almost threw a no hitter in his second start or something... bush almost did the same.

JiriHrdina
07-29-2004, 10:04 PM
One other indication of how many good young prospects the Jays have. I beleive if the season were to end today 5 out of the 6 Blue Jay teams would be in the post season. Pretty amazing.

And we all know which team would not be in.

This team is built for the future. Its just a matter of how long we will have to wait. I'm hoping we get a chance to see some of the young kids get called up at the end of the season. I'd love to see a guy like Russ Adams make his debut this season just to see the kid.