PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football trade advice

Jiggy_12
10-04-2006, 03:24 PM
I just made a rather large trade in my NFL.com fantasy league.

I sent Rudi Johnson, Greg Jennings, and Alex Smith away for Mike Vick, Chad Johnson, and Frank Gore.

If someone offered me that trade at the start of the season I would have thought they were crazy to give up that much. Did I get as much of a steal as I think I did?

I hate trading Rudi Johnson, but how could I pass this up? btw, it leaves me with Gore and Ronnie Brown as my 2 starting RB's, with Ahman Green on my bench. And Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, and Chad Johnson as my 3 WR's that will rotate through 2 spots. My starting QB was Favre.

Bring_Back_Shantz
10-04-2006, 03:54 PM
I like to pick up Vick in fantasy drafts just so I can trade him to peole who think he is a good quarterback.

Without knowing the scoring in your system I think you may have just got hosed. Espically since Johnson isn't tearing it up like he should be.

Displaced Flames fan
10-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I think you got hosed personally!

Chad Johnson is an upgrade on Jennings, but Jennings is going to put up some numbers with GB theoretically behind a lot the rest of the season. Rudi Johnson>>Frank Gore and in fantasy football I think Alex Smith and Vick are even. Vick is not a good fantasy QB.

Displaced Flames fan
10-04-2006, 03:56 PM
You do have a fine set of recievers. You said Favre was your starter...he's STILL your starter.

Jiggy_12
10-04-2006, 04:02 PM
You do have a fine set of recievers. You said Favre was your starter...he's STILL your starter.

lol, yeah...he will be for now.

I needed some insurance in case he decides to retire :)

I did downgrade at RB, but I think I increased my depth at WR and QB. My team should be a playoff team with the division I'm in...so hopefully this depth pays off.

Chad Johnson's stock is at a low point now, and to get him for Jennings who I just picked up off waivers I think is an huge ugrade.

Thanks for the input. Its just my 2nd season of following the NFL so I am nothing close to an expert.

FLAMESRULE
10-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Speaking of fantasy football I just made this trade

I traded away Plaxico Burress + Deuce McAllister+Dallas Clark for Mike Furrey+Lamont Jordan+Alge Crumpler

Thoughts on this trade??

IMO Burress > Furrey, although Detroit will be behind alot more than the GMen. Jordan >> Not sharing carries, is a stud and can catch out of the backfield. Crumpler > Clark, Vicks suspect arm doesnt let him through the ball too far.

Displaced Flames fan
10-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Jennings on waivers to Johnson is good value for sure. Like you said, you have great depth at WR now. Jennings will be productive all season, but Johnson is more likely to end up in the end zone.

Gore is capable of big numbers, but they aren't going to let him keep fumbling. He's done it every game so far and he's on a short leash. Rudi is probably one of the top 2 or 3 fantasy backs right now, so I think you took a big hit there.

If you only start one QB the trade off from Smith to Vick isn't even worth discussing. If you started 2 QB's as some leagues do I would be concerned.

Fantasy football is a blast though isn't it?

Jiggy_12
10-04-2006, 04:09 PM

Plaxico Burress + Deuce McAllister+Dallas Clark for Mike Furrey+Lamont Jordan+Alge Crumpler

Thoughts on this trade??

IMO Burress > Furrey, although Detroit will be behind alot more than the GMen. Jordan >> Not sharing carries, is a stud and can catch out of the backfield. Crumpler > Clark, Vicks suspect arm doesnt let him through the ball too far.

Which side of the trade are you on?

Burress is awesome. The go-to guy in New York and Eli as his QB, whoever got Burres won this trade. Plus, Deuce is having a much better than projected season with Reggie Bush struggling a tad.

Lamont Jordan should have a good game this week facing a terrible defense, but OAK can't put up ANY offense against a real team. Crumpler is an upgrade on Clark.

Jiggy_12
10-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Jennings on waivers to Johnson is good value for sure. Like you said, you have great depth at WR now. Jennings will be productive all season, but Johnson is more likely to end up in the end zone.

Gore is capable of big numbers, but they aren't going to let him keep fumbling. He's done it every game so far and he's on a short leash. Rudi is probably one of the top 2 or 3 fantasy backs right now, so I think you took a big hit there.

If you only start one QB the trade off from Smith to Vick isn't even worth discussing. If you started 2 QB's as some leagues do I would be concerned.

Fantasy football is a blast though isn't it?

Fantasy football rocks, and is the lone reason I started watching the NFL.

Yeah, I only start one QB per week. Vick has actually put up decent fantasy numbers in my league so far, so I wouldn't be afraid to start him if Favre has a tough match-up.

It's the Johnson - Gore thing that scares me. Rudi Johnson is 2nd ONLY to Brian Westbrook for fantasy points...with Gore ranked 6th and falling fast. If Gore can't turn it around, or at least level out...it could be a long season. The plus side is...I have wealth at WR to make another trade for a RB if need be.

FLAMESRULE
10-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks Jiggy, I changed the post.

I traded away Burress. He was ok in the first 2 games this year, and then was just horrible against Seattle. LG was very good against Cle, and has a very easy schedule the rest of the year. He is a great WR though, no doubt about that. Hopefully Furrey can maintain his pace throughout the year. Now I just need Mason to pick his **** up and start scoring for Bmore.

Bush is starting to show his inexperience, but he is way too gifted to not get 15 touches a game. He is a game breaker. Plus with Deuce's injuries, I was very willing to make that trade. Jordan should be a good compliment to Dunn and Dillon (my other RB's).

Crumpler is way better than Clark. Indy just has too many weapons for him to be worth alot.

FLAMESRULE
10-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Just FYI here is my team

1 QB - Brady + Frye
2 RB - Jordan, Dunn, Dillon, Barber III
2 WR - Mason, Furrey, Gabriel
1 TE - Crumpler, Wiggins
1 K - Kaeding
1 Def - St. Louis + TBay

Bobblehead
10-04-2006, 10:47 PM

I traded away Plaxico Burress + Deuce McAllister+Dallas Clark for Mike Furrey+Lamont Jordan+Alge Crumpler

Thoughts on this trade??

I think you lost. You traded a clear #1 WR for a guy who played DB last year. I know he has done well lately, but not well enough to come close to Burress. Duece is a worry because he will split carries with Bush, but Oakland is BAD. They have a poor O-Line, and will be coming from behind a lot of the season. Clark or Crumpler is a wash. I like getting the ball from Peyton, but Algae is Vick's safety blanket, so it is a pick'em.

Bobblehead
10-04-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm in the midst of a controversy in one of my leagues (I'm in 3).

We play 3 men on D. I've had 5, but now with a solid core I can let one go. I got a guy to trade C. Henry for him. The commissioner of the league vetoed the trade. I was ****ed - I don't think there should be a veto unless there is collusion (there wasn't). The ruling was that it wasn't a fair trade becaue Henry has such good potential and there are similar D players still on the waiver wire. I'm not sure I will play in this league next year (even though I have been in it for 8 years and am current defending champ).
But I did argue and got the trade reinstated.

Jiggy_12
10-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Another question...I am shopping around Ronnie Brown.

If you could trade Ronnie Brown for Willis McGahee or Deuce McAllister, who would you choose? Or would you hang onto Ronnie Brown in hopes Miami can get their act together?

FurnaceFace
10-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Just FYI here is my team

1 QB - Brady + Frye
2 RB - Jordan, Dunn, Dillon, Barber III
2 WR - Mason, Furrey, Gabriel
1 TE - Crumpler, Wiggins
1 K - Kaeding
1 Def - St. Louis + TBay

WHy are you holding 2 TEs when you could drop one and grab another WR who would be more helpful to you. TE, K, and defensive players are not worth burning a bench spot for in my mind. I'd also question holding two DEF...especially those two. There must be something better on the wire no?

If you could trade Ronnie Brown for Willis McGahee or Deuce McAllister, who would you choose? Or would you hang onto Ronnie Brown in hopes Miami can get their act together?

I'd keep him, but I'm biased as I have him in a league. I don't think Buffalo is going to be playing with any leads this year so running is not going to be their focus and Deuce while doing well right now will give up some carries to Bush and is always brittle. I think Miami will get better, can't get much worse so no point selling him at a low point.

Jiggy_12
10-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Someone has now offered me a trade...its hard to resist.

They are offering Andre Johnson, Julius Jones, and Isaac Bruce for Chad Johnson, Ronnie Brown, and Larry Fitzgerald.

Do I accept?

FurnaceFace
10-13-2006, 01:29 PM
^^^
This is a buy low, sell high scenario however I think he's the one following that philosophy. Chad and Brown are both really low for where I'd expect them to end up this season. Andre isn't a huge upgrade, Bruce is old and could fall apart and lose looks to Holt and Curtis, Jones is one poor outing away from giving up carries to Barber as Parcells seems to have a thing for him.

If I was the one offering you the trade I'd be really hoping you'd accept.

Jiggy_12
10-13-2006, 02:14 PM
^^^
This is a buy low, sell high scenario however I think he's the one following that philosophy. Chad and Brown are both really low for where I'd expect them to end up this season. Andre isn't a huge upgrade, Bruce is old and could fall apart and lose looks to Holt and Curtis, Jones is one poor outing away from giving up carries to Barber as Parcells seems to have a thing for him.

If I was the one offering you the trade I'd be really hoping you'd accept.

Well, I sent him a counter off and put Javon Walker in the place of Isaac Bruce. He rejected it. Doesn't look like its going to happen, but the more I think about it the more I'm okay with that.

When Fitzgerald comes back I'll be happy I didnt trade him.

Bring_Back_Shantz
10-13-2006, 02:50 PM

Get Willis!

FurnaceFace
10-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, I sent him a counter off and put Javon Walker in the place of Isaac Bruce. He rejected it. Doesn't look like its going to happen, but the more I think about it the more I'm okay with that.

When Fitzgerald comes back I'll be happy I didnt trade him.

Sounds like a guy in one of the groups I play in. No matter what the sport is he's always coming up with trades that are clearly in his best interest. I've yet to see him offer up a fair trade. I had posted something about being interested in in trading Thomas Jones for a WR and he offers me Kennison. Yeah, okay, I'll dump a good RB for a WR who has nobody to pass the ball to him. Excellent.

Jiggy_12
10-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Sounds like a guy in one of the groups I play in. No matter what the sport is he's always coming up with trades that are clearly in his best interest. I've yet to see him offer up a fair trade. I had posted something about being interested in in trading Thomas Jones for a WR and he offers me Kennison. Yeah, okay, I'll dump a good RB for a WR who has nobody to pass the ball to him. Excellent.

Lol. I love trading, my league has had a total of 6 trades this season, and I've been involved in 4 of them. My record is 4-1 so I guess I've done okay. Trading Clinton Portis for Ronnie Brown was a big mistake though.

Kennison, terrible fantasy player. The last 2 seasons I have drafted him and dropped him off my team after 3 weeks.

FurnaceFace
10-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Kennison, terrible fantasy player. The last 2 seasons I have drafted him and dropped him off my team after 3 weeks.

As did the guy who was trying to unload him on me. But that's not saying much because he also gave up on Bush too.

My big issue in one of my leagues is I have Hines Ward and Pittsburgh is just not cutting it this year. I'm hoping he has a decent game this week so I can unload him soon. Oh, and I have McMichael who has also been dogging it up.

Jiggy_12
10-13-2006, 04:08 PM
As did the guy who was trying to unload him on me. But that's not saying much because he also gave up on Bush too.

My big issue in one of my leagues is I have Hines Ward and Pittsburgh is just not cutting it this year. I'm hoping he has a decent game this week so I can unload him soon. Oh, and I have McMichael who has also been dogging it up.

Maybe try a Hines Ward for Randy Moss trade?

Pretty even so far, but if Moss gets traded to a team with an actual QB his value could go way up.

Fuzzy McGillicuddy
10-15-2006, 04:36 AM
Lol. I love trading, my league has had a total of 6 trades this season, and I've been involved in 4 of them. My record is 4-1 so I guess I've done okay. Trading Clinton Portis for Ronnie Brown was a big mistake though.

You traded Portis for R.Brown?
:chair:

I read one of your earlier posts that you downgraded your RB's to gain at QB and WR. I suspect you haven't been doing this for very long.

Rule 1 of FF: RB's are king. Do what ever you can to strengthen your RB's. QB's and even WR's are more easily plucked off the waiver wire (assuming your league has a WW).

Does your league have any openings? I could use some spending money this spring.

Fuzzy McGillicuddy
10-15-2006, 04:40 AM
Maybe try a Hines Ward for Randy Moss trade?

Pretty even so far, but if Moss gets traded to a team with an actual QB his value could go way up.

Players rarely get traded during the NFL season - especially players with large salaries.

If you need advice managing a fantasy football team, you should check out footballguys.com. This is by far the best site for FF on the planet. They'll charge you $20 a year, but it's an investment.

Jiggy_12
10-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Someone has offered me Shaun Alexander in exchange for Ahman Green. What in the heck do I do?

I start 2 RB's every week, and right now I have Green, Gore, and Kevin Jones. So I have the depth to wait for Alexander to get healthy. Only problem is, the team that made the offer I face this week, and giving them Ahman Green helps them immensly, as they have Alexander injured and Edgerrin James on bye.

my record is 7-1, so I can probably afford a loss, should I accept? I am leaning towards accepting.

Fuzzy McGillicuddy
10-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Someone has offered me Shaun Alexander in exchange for Ahman Green. What in the heck do I do?

I start 2 RB's every week, and right now I have Green, Gore, and Kevin Jones. So I have the depth to wait for Alexander to get healthy. Only problem is, the team that made the offer I face this week, and giving them Ahman Green helps them immensly, as they have Alexander injured and Edgerrin James on bye.

my record is 7-1, so I can probably afford a loss, should I accept? I am leaning towards accepting.

You might have the last laugh. Alexander is hoping to play this week. That doesn't mean he will, but there's a chance he'll play. Even if he doesn't should be a good deal for you in the long run. I don't know how your league's playoff is structured, but that's when this trade could really pay off.

Jiggy_12
10-31-2006, 08:26 PM
You might have the last laugh. Alexander is hoping to play this week. That doesn't mean he will, but there's a chance he'll play. Even if he doesn't should be a good deal for you in the long run. I don't know how your league's playoff is structured, but that's when this trade could really pay off.

Our playoffs are in weeks 15 and 16 in the NFL, so my league has played 8 of its 14 weeks before playoffs.

Alright, time to accept.