PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams clearly needs a lesson on walking through doors.

fanforever1986
10-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I think him and TO are having a head to head, league to league compitition with who can injure themselves in more ridiculous ways.

Basically, he let the door hit is heel from behind and needs xrays.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2610446&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Red Mile Style
10-02-2006, 03:36 PM
I personally am going to chalk this one up to karma. I mean, if you get suspended for substance abuse, and just come here to play for a year, he's not really learning his lesson or being a good role model.

How does one let the door hit your ankle anyway? He was probably high. ;)

fredr123
10-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Last time it was his toe in the locker room (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2539628). Putz.

fanforever1986
10-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Last time it was his toe in the locker room (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2539628). Putz.

ummm, just to clarify, who are you calling a putz?

fredr123
10-02-2006, 05:32 PM
ummm, just to clarify, who are you calling a putz?
Ricky Williams. Not you. As far as I know you've mastered the art of passing through a doorway without harm.

fanforever1986
10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
So far so Good:yay:

jar_e
10-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Unbelievable...some people just can't stay healthy.

KTown
10-06-2006, 07:30 PM
I can't wait to see him backi n a Dolphins uniform where he belongs, unlike the pass, punt, fumble, punt, pass, pass, league that is called the CFL

calgaryrocks
10-06-2006, 11:20 PM
I can't wait to see him backi n a Dolphins uniform where he belongs, unlike the pass, punt, fumble, punt, pass, pass, league that is called the CFL
that makes no sense, do you know how many downs there are in the cfl, do you actually watch any games, like the grey cup last year. anyways the cfl is real football, you cant say its not, you may not like it becuase the refs suck or the play clock isn't slow enough or it is not over hyped, or the rules lead to a more exciting game or people watch it to watch football not just because they are betting on the game or the championship is actually exciting to watch, or the players are not paid outrageously, but you cant say its not real football.

KTown
10-06-2006, 11:46 PM
that makes no sense, do you know how many downs there are in the cfl, do you actually watch any games, like the grey cup last year. anyways the cfl is real football, you cant say its not, you may not like it becuase the refs suck or the play clock isn't slow enough or it is not over hyped, or the rules lead to a more exciting game or people watch it to watch football not just because they are betting on the game or the championship is actually exciting to watch, or the players are not paid outrageously, but you cant say its not real football.

I don't watch it because I want to watch the best and the best play in the NFL.

IF I wanted to watch CFL, I might as well watch the AHL instead of the NHL. I have watched a CFL game and it sucks, I've also been to NFL games and they are alot better. I hate the CFL, it's terrible football and anybody who thinks its better than the NFL just can't swallow there pride and see that the states have better players than the Canada does.

The players paide outragously, theres a reason why there paid like crap in the CFL because other than the die hard CFL fans there is no one to support this terrible product.

I'll watch US college football before I watch another CFL game.

I love when people try to compare the two CFL and NFL. You can't one has the best players in the world the other doesn't

Kind of like NHL or russian league hockey. Which would you rather watch, I'm guessing I know since you are in this forum.

People watch the NFL in the states because its like a damn religion to them. When a city like Green Bay with 150,000 people or whatever can sell out every game you know people are passionate about the sport, and when a city like Toronto can't pack the house for a CFL game there is a reason because its not the same quality as going to an NFL game.

I hope one day the NFL goes to Toronto, and the CFL will fold out east. It would be fun to watch

calgaryrocks
10-07-2006, 12:22 AM
I don't watch it because I want to watch the best and the best play in the NFL.

IF I wanted to watch CFL, I might as well watch the AHL instead of the NHL. I have watched a CFL game and it sucks, I've also been to NFL games and they are alot better. I hate the CFL, it's terrible football and anybody who thinks its better than the NFL just can't swallow there pride and see that the states have better players than the Canada does.

The players paide outragously, theres a reason why there paid like crap in the CFL because other than the die hard CFL fans there is no one to support this terrible product.

I'll watch US college football before I watch another CFL game.

I love when people try to compare the two CFL and NFL. You can't one has the best players in the world the other doesn't

Kind of like NHL or russian league hockey. Which would you rather watch, I'm guessing I know since you are in this forum.

People watch the NFL in the states because its like a damn religion to them. When a city like Green Bay with 150,000 people or whatever can sell out every game you know people are passionate about the sport, and when a city like Toronto can't pack the house for a CFL game there is a reason because its not the same quality as going to an NFL game.

I hope one day the NFL goes to Toronto, and the CFL will fold out east. It would be fun to watch
i dont care who has the most talented players, i want to watch an exciting game and the cfl does that for me. you have watched a cfl game and you think it sucks, i have watched many nfl games and dont find it as exciting and cant get into it. i guess we have differing opinions there. the ahl and nhl have direct affiliates, and most importantly the same rules. the ahl has the same players but not as good. the cfl has different rules, which imo make for more excitement(no fair catch, rouge, ball not being dead on missed field goals, shorter play clock etc.) and different players. the nfl players probably have more general skill but different players are suited for different types of games. few players are good in both leagues(like warren moon). cfl players are on average more then 20 pounds lighter then nfl players .i would think that cfl players are in pretty good shape as the time clock is half as long and more switching between the 3 parts of a team(O,D and special teams).
the reason they are paid less is becuase we are a country of less resources(30 mil to 300mil people) and the american public are much more...obsessed with sports. no one could show up at the games and they would still make money because of tv. i have no problem with how much they get paid. ill take 80,000 to be a starter on a team anytime. the cfl continually outdraws the nfl on tv in canada and there is good reason. yes i might have started following cfl football because it is canadian and i get to go to stamps games, but i still find it more exciting and i would go to a stamps game anytime. i went to the grey cup last year and it was an amazing experience, one which the average fan of the nfl will be lucky to do at a superbowl(for chance of getting a ticket for a reasonable price and for entertaining game). the fact that people watch the superbowl
for the commercials says something for itself. toronto isnt passionate about the cfl and its too bad. they do have a bad stadium to watch the argos in and the papers are such american wannabies that they only cover the american sports like mlb, nba, nfl(and of course hockey). it would be hard to get into a league if the game experience isnt great and it gets lost among everything else. another reason why the heart of the league is in the west. green bay has a great fanbase and theres no doubting that, just like the riders in the cfl to a lesser extent. ontario is tough for the cfl but hamilton always gives promise with that attendance for such a bad bad team. that is one thing the cfl does need to more like the nfl(shudder) is a little more hype, then maybe that huge market in toronto will stop trying so hard to be american and realize what an exciting game they have in their own backyard. in a way i hope the nfl goes to toronto just so that the fans lose interest just like with the jays. canadian football will continue to be around, just as it was when we introduced our football to the americans back in the 1800s.anyways didnt mean to rant but there is no doubt that you cant compare the nfl and cfl for talent but i know i find the cfl more exciting, and it IS REAL FOOTBALL
it may be my opinion but you cant say it is not real football

KTown
10-08-2006, 08:59 AM
You make some valid points to why you like it and I respect that. Unlike other people who say CFL players are more talented then NFL players, which makes no sense. The thing that drives me nuts is thats itw a 2 down football instead of 3. It takes a huge element out of the game a running game. The fact that the players are lighter like you said makes it a less of a running game because you don't have the hogs up front like you do in the NFL.

The CFL lacks tailgating come game time. The tailgating is an amazing experience and gets a chance for fans to support there team. I've got to experience many of them being a Dolphins fan and growing up in Southern Ontario. I've been to about 6 bills and dolphins games. You know fans love there team when I show up in Buffalo with a Dolphins jersey and all you smell is fish at 7am. The fans are cooking fish to support there team when there playing the Dolphins. Amazing. Another reason why I don't give the CFL a chance is because I got to watch Dan Marino vs Jim Kelly, two of the most elite qb's to play the game.

Is Ontario wannabe americans I don't think so, it's just when you have a team in every professional sport, there use to watching only high priced caliber athletes that are the best at what they do. If the NFL wanted to kill the CFL and make it a 5 team league it could. I just don't see it happening as they do have some sort of agreement.

NFL in Toronto would kill the Argos, Ticats, Ottawa (when they come back) and eventually Montreal.

Enjoy your games but if you ever have a chance to see an NFL team do it. The atmosphere the product on the field is just amazing. It's tough to get involved in the NFL out in western Canada when the closest team to Calgary is the Seattle Seacocks. Its very understandable why the CFL is popular out here.

I'm going to my first college game this year. The Capital One Bowl game in Orlando on January 1st, which will contain two of the best colleges most likely in the top 10.

I'm interested to see the fans for college games I hear there crazy, plus I love the college bands at the games.

Sidney Crosby's Hat
10-09-2006, 12:53 AM
I'm going to my first college game this year. The Capital One Bowl game in Orlando on January 1st, which will contain two of the best colleges most likely in the top 10.

I'm interested to see the fans for college games I hear there crazy, plus I love the college bands at the games.

Okay, you say that the NFL puts a better product on the field, that's understandable because they have the best players in the world (players go where the money goes, logically).

BUT, CFL is miles better than college football in terms of talent. College football is very mistake-prone and even though the atmosphere might be there, you can't deny that a CFL team would dominate any college team.

Being from Ontario you haven't experienced CFL football. Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg have tailgating before games and the crowd atmosphere is very good - Montreal as well.

Argos games aren't much fun to attend, I'll give you that. I've also seen the Bills several times and it is quite an experience.