PDA

View Full Version : Twins game postponed for College FB????

nfotiu
10-02-2004, 02:59 PM
I was paying attention to this game, (although I am unable to watch 4 of the playoff implication games, because fox owns saturday afternoon timeslot and does not allow the extra inning package to show games on Sat), but they suspend it in the 11th because the golden gophers have to play football. This game has big playoff implicatations and it gets sidelined for golden gopher football?? Who makes these decisions.

transplant99
10-02-2004, 04:47 PM
I believe they had to stop the game to get the field ready for the football game that goes TONIGHT.

Not a big deal as the game simply didnt have any bearing on the outcome of the season. Plus they can finish this game tomorrow before the regularly scheduled game.

nfotiu
10-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by transplant99@Oct 2 2004, 10:47 PM
I believe they had to stop the game to get the field ready for the football game that goes TONIGHT.

Not a big deal as the game simply didnt have any bearing on the outcome of the season. Plus they can finish this game tomorrow before the regularly scheduled game.
It was actually fairly significant. It determines if they have home field advantage in the first round and who their oponent will be.

transplant99
10-02-2004, 05:28 PM
It was actually fairly significant. It determines if they have home field advantage in the first round and who their oponent will be.

And you haven't missed a thing....they will conclude the game tommorow according to ESPN.

nfotiu
10-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by transplant99@Oct 2 2004, 11:28 PM

And you haven't missed a thing....they will conclude the game tommorow according to ESPN.
I was actually rambling about 2 unrelated things. One the postponent of that game, and the other the fact that even though I pay for MLB extra innings, I don't get any of the 4 last weekend deciding games on tv.

nfotiu
10-02-2004, 05:47 PM
I do wonder where they pulled the rule out of that allows them to resume the game. As far as I know there are no rules that allow a postponed game to be resumed if the game is tied. The only rule I know of that would allow the game to resume is if the visiting team went up in the top half of an inning past the fifth and the bottom of the inning wasn't completed yet. Tied games are supposed to be replayed in full. I am surprised the Yankees aren't asking them to play the full game!

Wow, did the giants ever choke in the bottom of the ninth!