PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Tommy Jones.

CaramonLS
10-01-2004, 02:42 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article.jsp?co...001_154052_5588 (http://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article.jsp?content=20041001_154052_5588)

calf
10-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Looks like Souza took the back-up to Khari away from him. Souza did way more to impress the last couple of games than Tommy, IMHO. Tommy just could never do anything with the ball it seemed.

Crandell's probably out at the end of the year (contract's up), so Dunnigan must have a bit of faith in Denison to pull up the rear.

calculoso
10-01-2004, 03:24 PM
I wonder if it had anything to do with the "K. Jones" on Khari's back and only "Jones" on Tommy Jones' back during practice. Souza's still here since he gave up the number, but Jones is gone because he refused to put "T. Jones" on his back?

:o)

octothorp
10-01-2004, 03:50 PM
The guy claimed not to know any song by Tom Jones. That right there is enough to cast doubt about him in the eyes of most.

His pass selection wasn't bad, but he tended to really float passes up there. Just not the arm-strength to get the ball to the far sidelines. His passes were the type where the receivers had to completely expose themselves to try and make a catch. Pretty soon they stopped trying. Best of luck to the guy, but he's not CFL material, which doesn't bode well for the career of a young QB.

I_H8_Crawford
10-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Doesn't this now open up an import roster spot??
Denison is Cdn if I remember correctly, so maybe we can get a decent CB/HB/S import to replace Lysak?

calf
10-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by I_H8_Crawford@Oct 1 2004, 03:52 PM
Doesn't this now open up an import roster spot??
Denison is Cdn if I remember correctly, so maybe we can get a decent CB/HB/S import to replace Lysak?
Yea, they probably kept Denison around since he's Canadian...good call.

Definately leaves room for another import to be brought in - hopefully another safety b/c the guy that replaced Lysack (forget his name, much as I want to forget his play)

moon
10-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Ya but I thought that the QB's were exempt form the ratio rule and therefore it does not make sense to have a Canadian over an American, unless the Canadian is good enough.

Anyways according to the FAN at about 5 pm the Stamps say they are not releasing Jones anyway.

ken0042
10-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by octothorp@Oct 1 2004, 03:50 PM
The guy claimed not to know any song by Tom Jones. That right there is enough to cast doubt about him in the eyes of most.
Yeah, when they showed that on the Jumbotron one game I was thinking "how can you go through life with the name 'Tom Jones' and not know any of his songs."

I have met 2 other people named Tom Jones, and let me tell you it never got old.

-Hey, anybody seen Tom?
- Yeah he's running a little late.
- Is he always late?
- It's not unusual.
:)