PDA

View Full Version : Sept.29 Hitmen vs. Lethbridge

albertGQ
09-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Hitman home game #2 tonight. Lets hope they can pull off their first victory of the season!!

Iggy=Flames4ever
09-29-2004, 10:46 AM
lets hope they dont choke again

albertGQ
09-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Iggy=Flames4ever@Sep 29 2004, 10:46 AM
lets hope they dont choke again
They won't. Hitmen will win 4-2 with a goal and an assist by Ryan Getzlaf

Resolute 14
09-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Umm, the Hitmen are playing Lethbridge tonight.

albertGQ
09-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Snakeeye@Sep 29 2004, 11:07 AM
Umm, the Hitmen are playing Lethbridge tonight.
whoops

Flickered Flame
09-29-2004, 07:51 PM
1-1 threw 20 minutes. Hitmen scored a shorthanded goal early, had another goal waved off, and the canes tied it late in the period. Jim Playfair doing the color on the fan broadcast tonight.

Flickered Flame
09-29-2004, 08:25 PM
2-2 threw 40 minutes. Close game again tonight so far for the Hitmen.

The Familia
09-29-2004, 08:32 PM
anymore updates or info to pass along?

Flickered Flame
09-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Ladd scored the 2nd goal for the hitmen. Shots 17-11 Hitmen.

Flickered Flame
09-29-2004, 08:46 PM
cane pp 24 secs into the 3rd.

Eddie Bronze
09-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Hahaha, they said Playfair was to pick the three stars for the game and Jimmy said he was going to pick 3 defensemen. :lol:

Flickered Flame
09-29-2004, 08:53 PM
3-2 canes.

The Familia
09-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Come on Hitmen. They should have had 6 points in the bag after tonight. They are squandering everything they get. Blowing leads and meltdowns are costing this team. Perhaps that #3 ranking is getting to them. Thye are not losing by skill, but they are losing by mental mistakes. Brutal.

Flickered Flame
09-29-2004, 09:00 PM
3-3! Covington getting credit.

Eddie Bronze
09-29-2004, 09:07 PM
4-3 for the Hitmen!

Flickered Flame
09-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Hitmen score!!!!!!! 4-3 Hitmen. 6431 attending the game at the dome.

Flickered Flame
09-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Cane pp with 4:56 left.

Flickered Flame
09-29-2004, 09:22 PM
FIRST WIN OF THE YEAR FINALLY!! AND THEY HELD THE LEAD!! 4-3 FINAL!

KevanGuy
09-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Well, back from my first game as a Seasons Ticket Holder, and, if half the games this year are that exciting I'll be pretty friggin happy.

Some random observations...The Hitmen looked much bigger than the Canes. Some line matchups were very much Men vs. Boys. LA seemed to kind of run out of steam near the end of the game. They came out flying in the first and kinda fell off

Schultz is big, but sloooooow. I'm surprised he was drafted as high as he was. Though, 6 foot 7 D dont come along every day.

Pushkarev is gonna be real fun to watch this year. Great hands, patience, pretty goal and a fight.

Zalasky is a free agent that I think might get a few looks from some NHL teams. He gritty and has OK hands. Funny thing tonight, he lost is his stick and took Seabrooks right out of his hands! Very odd. He dropped it right away, Seabrook ran him and took 2 mins for interference.

Getzlaf is huge out there. He doesnt go out every shift but he doesnt really have to. Most dominant player for sure for either team.

Bowles (the Hitmen goalie) did a front flip when the buzzer went to end the third. I can say I have never seen that before.

So, overall it was a great game. The lack of really strong defense leads to same pretty nice plays by the forwards. Lots of 'dangling' I guess. I'm looking forward to the season if this game was any indication of the quality of play.

Resolute 14
09-29-2004, 09:57 PM
It was much closer than it had to be.

The goal the Hitmen had waived off was a joke. Two players having their own private scrum nowhere near the play. Just as Calgary scored, the referee had to make his presence felt, called coincidental minors and waived off the goal.

Lethbridge's first goal is the one that should not have counted. The puck was blatantly kicked in, yet three officials apparently didnt see it, and couldnt be bothered to look up on the jumbotron to see the evidence for themselves.

While it is nice to win, finally, this game never should have been this close. Still too many dumb penalties.

Alexander Pushkariev (sp?) had an awesome debut. Scored the tying goal, then 30 seconds later got into a bigtime brawl.

Getzlaf finally played a smart - and tough game.

Bowles looks a lot like Roman Turek circa 2002-03. Though he made an absolutely ridiculous save to preserve the win late.

Seabrook is a real p*ssy. Took a major dive on a slash to get a penalty, faked hurt, then got up and quarterbacked the powerplay. When he had his stick chopped out of his hands on the next shift, he responded by charging the Hitmen defender, got called, and spent his next three shifts whining about it to the referee.

Primo
09-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Snakeeye@Sep 30 2004, 03:57 AM
It was much closer than it had to be.

The goal the Hitmen had waived off was a joke. Two players having their own private scrum nowhere near the play. Just as Calgary scored, the referee had to make his presence felt, called coincidental minors and waived off the goal.

Lethbridge's first goal is the one that should not have counted. The puck was blatantly kicked in, yet three officials apparently didnt see it, and couldnt be bothered to look up on the jumbotron to see the evidence for themselves.

While it is nice to win, finally, this game never should have been this close. Still too many dumb penalties.

Alexander Pushkariev (sp?) had an awesome debut. Scored the tying goal, then 30 seconds later got into a bigtime brawl.

Getzlaf finally played a smart - and tough game.

Bowles looks a lot like Roman Turek circa 2002-03. Though he made an absolutely ridiculous save to preserve the win late.

Seabrook is a real p*ssy. Took a major dive on a slash to get a penalty, faked hurt, then got up and quarterbacked the powerplay. When he had his stick chopped out of his hands on the next shift, he responded by charging the Hitmen defender, got called, and spent his next three shifts whining about it to the referee.
Um, one of the calgary hitmen grabbed his stick out of his hands. He couldnt have chopped the stick out of his hands becuase the hitmen player had NO stick. Im pretty sure you cant just swipe a guys stick.

Calgary Flames
09-30-2004, 12:24 AM
Damn, I had no idea this game was at home... I'm dying for hockey. I would've went tonite.

Resolute 14
09-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Primo@Sep 30 2004, 04:43 AM
Um, one of the calgary hitmen grabbed his stick out of his hands. He couldnt have chopped the stick out of his hands becuase the hitmen player had NO stick. Im pretty sure you cant just swipe a guys stick.
I didnt actually see the swipe. Another player blocked my view. All I saw Seabrook's stick go flying, then his little temper tantrum. Evidently I made the wrong assumption of what happened.

That said, Seabrook wasnt going to be drawing another penalty immediately after his dive on the previous play that gave the Canes a powerplay. He cost his team the powerplay he gave them by throwing that tantrum.