PDA

View Full Version : How About The Weird World Of Sports?

ChipOne
07-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by outside online+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (outside online)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Girl wins the national championship in her first year of racing and wears the maple leaf jersey at the world championships, where, despite a thrown chain, she has the best run of the Canadian women. But the fairy tale ends there.

The fastest girl in Canada used to be a man. [/b]

i think i've heard of this before, but this seems to be becoming quite a story. heard some people talking about it at work, just a day after i heard someone mention her name here...figured i had to check it out.

<!--QuoteBegin-sports illustrated
As a man, Dumaresq was six feet and weighed 210 pounds. She now stands 5 feet 9 and weighs 180 pounds, claiming her blood testosterone level of two nanomoles per liter is well within the range of an average women. [/quote] SI article from 2003 (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/mike_fish/news/2003/06/24/fish_dumaresq/)

interesting read, and really makes you think about where to place her/him...or whatever. i don't even know what the legal description for her is...i mean, her birth certificate says boy.

the olympics commitee cleared her to race for CAN if she qualifies. i heard she's on the national team, but i'm not sure if she qualified for Greece.

Cube Inmate
07-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Where did the extra 3 inches (OF HEIGHT!!) go?

Thunderball
07-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Cube Inmate@Jul 29 2004, 02:55 AM
Where did the extra 3 inches (OF HEIGHT!!) go?
there are some questions you really don't want an answer to...

habernac
07-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Shouldn't be allowed to compete, IMO. Makes Canada look like a joke.

calgaryred
07-29-2004, 03:55 PM
That would be awesome to see a woman on the men's team. I'm all for it. I used to be against that stuff. Then I put myself in her shoes if she can do it. Hey I'm all for it.There's no limits just the limits you give yourself.

Patek23
07-29-2004, 04:09 PM
the men are obviously faster so if this guy has to have a sex change or whatever so that he can compete on a womans team than thats pathetic this thing ( not meant to insult, but just rather he/she is not a man/woman) wants to compete on a somewhat slower womans team makes me angry.