PDA

View Full Version : What does the future hold for the stamps?

flames_1987
09-28-2004, 09:53 AM
I thought It be a good time to evaluate the Stamps for next year and what we should try and adress in the offseason. Also looking for some help for the pending free agents the stamps might lose and whos out there to get.

QB: Finally an experinced QB. I see Kohari coming back and playing like he can, also Souza is a perfect young guy to bring up through the system and then one day start. As for the 3rd string I could see us bringing in someone I doubt Jones stays and the other guy will be on the practice squad.

RB: Ike's gone, how about the 2 new guys? Reynolds sounds alright, do we go out and get anyone? I think a lot will have to do with how they play these last 4 games

WR: If we can get Conell Mcgarity and Montana back along with soon to be R.O.Y Nick Lewis I really like our receivers. Mcgaritys had a tough year but I think when at his best this guy can shine.

O-Line: Tough one, what has everyone thought of the O-Lines play? Some games its been pretty bad, what does everyone think?

D-Line: in the 3-4 set I really don't mind our linemen, we got Maxie, and Young who I both like. The big question is who fits the other hole. Who could you see guys filling the line up? Maybe a FA signing here

Linebackers: If we keep these guys then man will still have the best LB's in the league. Grace, White, Coe and Clark, those 4 guys are soo good. Are any FA's?

Secondary: I see us bringing in someone now since it looks like Boese is staying at corner, everyone else's thoughts?

The addition of Kohari makes our payroll go up making it tougher to ge FA's, but will see. What does everyone else think?

I_H8_Crawford
09-28-2004, 11:23 AM
We definitely need to upgrade our O-Line; get some Canadian talent there hopefully.

D-Line is set, I dunno if any LBs are FAs, but hopefully Dunigan will do whatever it takes to get them signed again.

Would like to see some help brought in for the secondary; I'm not sold on the guys back there yet.

Apparently Lewis is leaving for the NFL asap, so we need to bring in a decent receiver - Connell is always injured, and I don't know if McGarity will ever play really well here again. Is Dominguez a FA? I'd love to see that guy here; he makes QBs like Greene and Burris look amazing - what could he do with a legit #1 QB???

Also the addition of Khari didn't make our payroll go up; in fact it may have reduced it a bit - Khari's CFl contract was $175K - the rest of it was paid by the Bombers for services and such, and it cannot be transferred to us so they're still on the hook for it. Fleming was making ~$200K so we saved $25K

octothorp
09-28-2004, 12:27 PM
What's going on with the huge Canadian lineman that Calgary drafted first overall? Name escapes me right now. I imagine he's still with his NFL team?

Patek23
09-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Khari actually makes less than Fleming, so we gained some room for salary.

flames_1987
09-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by octothorp@Sep 28 2004, 06:27 PM
What's going on with the huge Canadian lineman that Calgary drafted first overall? Name escapes me right now. I imagine he's still with his NFL team?
Morley got taken off the practice roster. Dunnigan kept him on there it was a dumb rookie mistake, if thats the one you mean.

octothorp
09-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by flames_1987+Sep 28 2004, 12:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (flames_1987 @ Sep 28 2004, 12:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-octothorp@Sep 28 2004, 06:27 PM
Morley got taken off the practice roster. Dunnigan kept him on there it was a dumb rookie mistake, if thats the one you mean. [/b][/quote]
Really? When did that happen? I missed it entirely!

flames_1987
09-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by octothorp+Sep 28 2004, 07:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (octothorp @ Sep 28 2004, 07:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by flames_1987@Sep 28 2004, 12:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-octothorp@Sep 28 2004, 06:27 PM
Morley got taken off the practice roster. Dunnigan kept him on there it was a dumb rookie mistake, if thats the one you mean.
Really? When did that happen? I missed it entirely! [/b][/quote]
start of the year, the Eskimos did, right after they got Landry taken off them. Dunnigan really missed the ball on this one.

Patek23
09-28-2004, 02:18 PM
so what your saying is he's now Eskimo's property? I don't really know the CFL all too well.

Trojan97
09-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Flames_1987 doesn't know what he's talking about. Joe McGrath was the guy Edmonton claimed. The guy you are referring to Ocothorp is Steven Morley. He had a great camp with the Pack and doesn't look like he'll make it back to Calgary anytime soon.

Mike
09-30-2004, 02:17 AM
McKnight was pretty brutal back there. I think the secondary needs to be looked at, and built around Boese and Evans. Everyone else needs to fight for their spots, and hopefully we get another good safety like Lysack.