PDA

View Full Version : Lee Mazzilli, Brooks Robinson

Iggy=Flames4ever
09-26-2004, 02:56 PM
MOD Edit: Do not post articles. Do post links to articles. And please read the guidelines. Thanks.

JiriHrdina
09-27-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Iggy=Flames4ever@Sep 26 2004, 02:56 PM
"It's something to think about," Mazzilli said. "There would be rivalries with the Phillies, Pirates, Giants. It's very intriguing."

Why would the Orioles have a rivlary with the Giants. The Phillies and Pirates I understand based on how close they are to Baltimore. But the Giants????? Am I missing something?

Kobasew7
09-28-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm from Baltimore, so I read this article..the link to it is probably somewhere at sunspot.net. It is interesting, and would add a spark to a dwindling baseball atmosphere around here. Since the Ravens came here, and since are team has sucked...attendence is starting to tank and people just are not interested. This could draw more people out, and could help us in the long run considering we won't have to deal with the Yanks or Boston in the division.

As far as the rivalry with the Giants, not so sure he was pointing at that as a rivalry..although not sure. I think he may have just been pointing out Bonds and the Giants would be in Camden each year, thus making it a nice attraction. Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, the Mets and Atlanta would be the first 4 teams I would think about as possible rivals.

PS: On second thought, I believe either this year or one of the previous years, we had a brawl with the Giants in a game..so he may have been pointing to that.