PDA

View Full Version : Khari Jones traded to Calgary

zarrell
09-25-2004, 11:56 PM
Word from CJOB in Winnipeg has K. Jones being traded to the Stampeders for Flemming, Lysak and a draft pick. More details to come I'm sure.

Flickered Flame
09-26-2004, 12:01 AM
I hope Lysak isn't part of the trade. I don't mind him at all...I was hoping Crandell would be headed the other way.

calf
09-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Really? I guess the injury to Crandell put a cog in the plans, so they had to put someone else in there. Lysack was solid, and will be missed.

zarrell
09-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Just heard that part of the trade also involves Regimbald going to Winnipeg and Randy Bowles is coming to Calgary.

calf
09-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by zarrell@Sep 26 2004, 12:07 AM
Just heard that part of the trade also involves Regimbald going to Winnipeg and Randy Bowles is coming to Calgary.
and a draft pick to Winnepeg too. (read on 13thman.com).

Thinking about it for a bit, it's brutal.

Stamps have 5 qb's on their roster (although Crandell's prob gone w/ injury, that 4th string guy (name escapes me)), T-Jones, Souza, and now Khari. Someone's gonna go, prob Crandell and 4th string buddy.

Regimbald never was a huge part of the offence, but is a horse and a competitor (when he gets the ball).

Fleming - the heart and soul of the defence, but likely wouldn't be back next season (who could blame him)

And for them, we get another washed up, overpaid QB. And Bowles. I have nothing against him!

zarrell
09-26-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by calf@Sep 26 2004, 12:11 AM

Which is where I got my info too. I'm the guy by the same name

Which is where I got my info too. I'm the guy by the same name ;)

CaramonLS
09-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Uggg don't know if I like this trade... Has Khari really done anything good this year?

Its Scary that Crandall has more passing yrds than Jones.

calf
09-26-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by zarrell+Sep 26 2004, 12:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zarrell @ Sep 26 2004, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-calf@Sep 26 2004, 12:11 AM

Which is where I got my info too. I'm the guy by the same name

Which is where I got my info too. I'm the guy by the same name ;) [/b][/quote]
I figured as much!

I lurk there...and post a lot on gostampsgo.com (it's smallish, but good)

I'm thinking that Dunigan, if the trade is true (gonna wait for the official press release), got s-c-r-e-w-e-d

calf
09-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by CaramonLS@Sep 26 2004, 12:21 AM
Uggg don't know if I like this trade... Has Khari really done anything good this year?

Its Scary that Crandall has more passing yrds than Jones.
Khari's been injured for the most part (shoulder...which according to Matt Dunigan, is due to a fundamental (but correctable) flaw in his throwing motion.

So, how does Calgary manage to pick up an injured QB, and Winnipeg doesnt?

CaramonLS
09-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Hopefully thats not the only thing he corrects... did anyone else see that Micheal Petry article on Dunigan from a few days ago? Joe Sports went off for a good hour about no huddle/goal line offense.

Pagal4321
09-26-2004, 01:47 AM
:huhsign:
What kinda trade is this?! lysak is sollllid back there. I like dunnigan, really I do, but he realllllllllllllly needs to drop that GM position and concentrate on the coaching.
I think this of the trade
:boom:

Super-Rye
09-26-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Pagal4321@Sep 26 2004, 01:47 AM
:huhsign:
What kinda trade is this?! lysak is sollllid back there. I like dunnigan, really I do, but he realllllllllllllly needs to drop that GM position and concentrate on the coaching.
I think this of the trade
:boom:
Well Pagal, this trades not even official, for all we know it isn't true, and if it is, who says all the peices have been said in this thread? If that's all Calgary gets, I'd be rather disappointed that we lost Lysack in the trade. If it was Fleming, Regimbald and a pick for Jones and Bowles, I'd be all over it, but Lysack? However, if there's more/less to this deal, it could work out either way, I'll wait and see before passing judgement.

calf
09-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Confirmed now

Link (http://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/article.jsp;jsessionid=BBHJPGGOHJHE?content=200409 26_110017_3172)

snappyk
09-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Flemming, Regimbald and Lysak for a hurt QB, wait to go Matt.

octothorp
09-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Freaking hell. Absolutely hate this one. I understand the need to trade Flemming. Gotta give up something to get something. Throwing in one of the best young Canadian linebackers in the league, however, looks like a huge overpayment. And as for the Regimbald/Bowles trade, that's a huge downgrade at the fullback position. Regimbald was one of the best blocking fullbacks in the game, and was very reliable at catching the football, too. That's it, I'm done being a Stampeders fan at least for the season, possibly longer.

JayP
09-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by snappyk@Sep 26 2004, 03:52 PM
Yeah because the fact that Jones is hurt really means a lot to us right now...

You guys complain about Crandell all year and Dunnigan gets you an ex-MVP quarterback...yet you still complain.

Regimbald for Bowles is a wash.

Fleming has about 0 trade value. A free agent to be who is widely known to be on the trading block and has a major problem with his coach.

The loss of Lysack will hurt, but you have to deal from your strengths for your weaknesses. We now have a bonifide starting QB and our defense is still very, very good. Lysack was a solid Canadian, but he is still on the bottom half of importance of our starters on defense (with guys like Boese, Grace, White, Maxie, Evans, Coe, and Clark ahead of him).

AvengeR
09-26-2004, 10:25 AM
I have to agree with JayP. If they had gotten Dickenson, people would complain that they got an old, injury proned QB who is making half a million dollars per season. If they got McManus, they would bitch that he is old and has a season or 2 left. Who do people expect, Casey Printers, that's not gonna happen. Jones is the best of the veteren QB's that were available.

And as Jim Barker and others have said, Jones for Flemming was not a fair trade for the Bombers cause the QB has more of an impact in a game than a DLineman. Regimbald wasn't even used much anyways. I think they will give the load to Reynolds and Jenkins for the rest of the season.

Funny thing is, from the initial coments from Bomber fans , they are not pleased with the trade either. It they can't get Flemming to sign an extension, they cold loose him at the end of the season. Why would Flemming resign with them now when he can wait til Feb15 and get more money.

I_H8_Crawford
09-26-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm with JayP on this one.

I'd like to see any other GM in the league have a much-publicised malcontent on the team in his final year of his contract turn around a trade for another legit player without giving up anything else...

Win is taking a big risk as well; it seems that Fleming is just a rent-a-player for them; if anything, I'd bet that Joe signs with Wally for next season, if anywhere.

Even with a bad shoulder right now, I'd be willing to be that Jones is 10x (or more) the QB that Crandell could ever be - that's a huge upgrade IMO at the most important position on O.

Regimbald for Bowles? How often did the Stamps utilise a 2 back system so far this year? How much was a FB really needed with us? We downgraded (only a little IMO) at a position we don't use to upgrade at a very important position.

Finally Lysak for a 4th rounder - this is where Winnipeg wins in the trade; but let's face it, they needed SOMETHING in the trade (not just a player for the remainder of their season), and at least Dunigan got a pick out of it, instead of the 3 players + pick for Jones rumour going around last night.

Time will tell on this trade - if Khari performs better than Crandell, and gives Souza and Jones the time they need to learn and develop, I doubt many people will complain about Lysak going.

JiriHrdina
09-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Not sure why people hate this trade so much. Here's my breakdown:

Fullbacks cancel each other out.

So we then have Joe Fleming, a pending free agent + Wes Lysack (a great young player) for a #1 QB.

Seems even to me. Winnipeg wasn't going to just take Fleming and then lose him at season's end so obviously needed something for the future (Lysack).

Calgary addresses their #1 need for the short and long term. That's why we've been all asking for this whole season - a real QB. And you have to give up something to get something.

I_H8_Crawford
09-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Here;s something someone posted at another forum, which I feel puts everything in perspective:

If Fleming doesn't sign with Win, the trade would be this:

Khari Jones, Randy Bowles and a 4th RD draft pick (2006....Bombers must have run out of 2005 picks..icon_wink.gif)

for

Wes Lysack and Scott Regimbald

Who's going to bitch about that trade now?? :unsure:

browna
09-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by JayP+Sep 26 2004, 10:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JayP @ Sep 26 2004, 10:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-snappyk@Sep 26 2004, 03:52 PM
Yeah because the fact that Jones is hurt really means a lot to us right now...

You guys complain about Crandell all year and Dunnigan gets you an ex-MVP quarterback...yet you still complain.

Regimbald for Bowles is a wash.

Fleming has about 0 trade value. A free agent to be who is widely known to be on the trading block and has a major problem with his coach.

The loss of Lysack will hurt, but you have to deal from your strengths for your weaknesses. We now have a bonifide starting QB and our defense is still very, very good. Lysack was a solid Canadian, but he is still on the bottom half of importance of our starters on defense (with guys like Boese, Grace, White, Maxie, Evans, Coe, and Clark ahead of him). [/b][/quote]
Right on.

If K Jones is 100% next year, when games matter again, this trade is well worth it.

It seems some people think anything less than Casey Printers, and its a bad trade.

Basic fullback for fullback. A wash.

Something going on behind the scenes with Fleming the last 2 years.

As mentioned Lysack will hurt, but finding another LB is a bit easier then getting a proven CFL QB.

Plus we scooped WPG last year when we got John Grace.

Crandell is gone as a FA in a month.

Lets look at the other options. As much as I like Dave Dickenson, I'd take Jones and his injury over Dave's. Jones is also going to have some fire in his belly after his Winnipeg treatment. Plus, he's a cocky SOB when he's playing well, and some of that attitude can't hurt.

Other options? Well the Stamps are the only team Damon Allen hasn't played for.

One of the Sask QB's next year (Burris or Greene)? No thanks to Burris, and I assume Greene is going to be the hero next year in Sask, and, knowing thier fans, the entire season was so so because they didn't have Greene.

Add to the PR optics of getting a higher profile QB, before the end of the season so that they can get some positive press, after a win to boot, and this trade makes some sense.

Fans are screaming for something to be done, and something was done, with a top end CFL QB.

AvengeR
09-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Also, KJ would be a heck of a lot better mentor to the young QB's than Crandell.

zarrell
09-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by AvengeR@Sep 26 2004, 10:25 AM

Funny thing is, from the initial coments from Bomber fans , they are not pleased with the trade either.
I am a Bomber fan and am quite thrilled with this trade. Wes Lysak is exactly what they need in their secondary and if Joe Flemming can sign a contract extension - awesome. The thing is, with Jones' contract at $350k a year for another 2 years that really hinders the Bombers in signing free agents (Flemming, etc.) and Khari has done nothing in almost 2 years anyway. It's time to give Glenn or Tee Martin a chance (both younger guys) and go from there.

Fire
09-26-2004, 12:04 PM
I like the trade. We get a bonafide #1 QB. Can't complain about that. People seem to really like Lysak, but wasn't he scratched for a game or 2 this season?

I_H8_Crawford
09-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Fire@Sep 26 2004, 06:04 PM
I like the trade. We get a bonafide #1 QB. Can't complain about that. People seem to really like Lysak, but wasn't he scratched for a game or 2 this season?
I can't remember if it was a scratch or injury.

BUt adding on to your idea, Boese will replace Lysak at Safety, and then we need a new HB in to replace Boese - which is harder to find? A decent #1 QB, or a HB????

I'd put my money on it being easier to replace a halfback than find a good QB.

calgaryred
09-26-2004, 02:46 PM
So after this trade we still need a QB! I can't believe Matt just made this team worse. Khari Jones has never been the same since the Stamps gave him a blow to the head in grey cup 2001. Khari is a overpaid pilon that is Calgary's problem now. Thanks Matt! Why couldn't he wait until the off season to try and acquire talent?

browna
09-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by calgaryred@Sep 26 2004, 02:46 PM
Why couldn't he wait until the off season to try and acquire talent?
Like who? It'd be hard to trade an asset like Fleming in the offseason when he's a FA.

Dickenson?
Burris?
Greene?
Allen?
McManus?

That's if they are available, and other then the old untocuhable Allen, noone is lighting it up this year, and are fairly old.

A current backup on another CFL team? We have 3 or 4 right now.
A disgruntled ex NFL'er or backup NFL'er hoping to get some reps?

All things considered, I think this works out for both teams and both of the main players involved.

zarrell
09-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Fire@Sep 26 2004, 12:04 PM
It was Boese that was scratched from a few games.

Trojan97
09-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Lysack is a decent safety (not a LB guys) but he has 15 tackles this season in 10 games and his picks came in two huge games. Add that to the fact his coverage is sketchy and I don't think he's the huge loss some people are making him out to be. If he wasn't a NI he wouldn't even be on the roster.

flambers
09-26-2004, 03:33 PM
I like the trade, Jones is a true #1 guy that needed a change. Flemmig would never resign with the Stamps anyhow. As for 4 QB's, Crandell is A Free Agent as well. Not to mention he is hurt.

Sammie
09-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Fire@Sep 26 2004, 12:04 PM
What do you mean "bonafide"? This guy's done absolutely nothing since he got his big contract. Just like like Crandell has done nothing since he got his big contract.

Let's face it. we got screwed again! We send three hard-working honest players to Winnipeg and we get back a no-name player, an over-paid no-show player and an unknown draft pick. We just became a much worse team and this is what will continue as long as we have this joker for an owner.

I_H8_Crawford
09-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Sammie+Sep 26 2004, 10:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sammie @ Sep 26 2004, 10:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fire@Sep 26 2004, 12:04 PM
What do you mean "bonafide"? This guy's done absolutely nothing since he got his big contract. Just like like Crandell has done nothing since he got his big contract.

Let's face it. we got screwed again! We send three hard-working honest players to Winnipeg and we get back a no-name player, an over-paid no-show player and an unknown draft pick. We just became a much worse team and this is what will continue as long as we have this joker for an owner. [/b][/quote]
So who should we have got at QB??

Printers??? :lol: Yeah I'm sure Wally would have no problem sending Printers our way for Fleming if Matt had asked him nicely. :lol:

What's easier to find/replace? A safety/HB & a FB, or a #1 QB???

At least Khari was able to MOVE the Bombers and even get them in the endzone once in a while... when was the last time Crandell did that for Calgary??? :blink:

Our D is still going to be dominant, we never use our FB anyways, so no big loss there, and we finally have a QB who has done more than just get hot for 5 games in one season.

Sammie
09-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by I_H8_Crawford@Sep 26 2004, 04:38 PM

Printers??? :lol: Yeah I'm sure Wally would have no problem sending Printers our way for Fleming if Matt had asked him nicely. :lol:

At least Khari was able to MOVE the Bombers and even get them in the endzone once in a while... when was the last time Crandell did that for Calgary??? :blink:

Our D is still going to be dominant, we never use our FB anyways, so no big loss there, and we finally have a QB who has done more than just get hot for 5 games in one season.
When was the last time Khari led ANY touchdown drive? He was an overpaid backup quarterback on a team with a record almost as bad as the Stampeders and THIS is supposed to be a good trade? I doubt it!

JiriHrdina
09-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Sammie+Sep 26 2004, 04:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sammie @ Sep 26 2004, 04:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I_H8_Crawford@Sep 26 2004, 04:38 PM

Printers???# :lol:# Yeah I'm sure Wally would have no problem sending Printers our way for Fleming if Matt had asked him nicely.# :lol:

At least Khari was able to MOVE the Bombers and even get them in the endzone once in a while... when was the last time Crandell did that for Calgary???# :blink:

When was the last time Khari led ANY touchdown drive? He was an overpaid backup quarterback on a team with a record almost as bad as the Stampeders and THIS is supposed to be a good trade? I doubt it! [/b][/quote]
The point Sammie is the following?

Do the Stamps need a QB? Yes.
What QBs were available? Jones. and ????

Who would you have liked to see them get? Who else is out there? Reggie Slack?

Moreover, how much trade value do you think Fleming had when he can walk at the end of the year.

The Stamps got a player that is only 2 years removed from a most outstanding player season. He is a proven QB and once fully healthy will be way better than Crandell.

calf
09-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina+Sep 26 2004, 05:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JiriHrdina @ Sep 26 2004, 05:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Sammie@Sep 26 2004, 04:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-I_H8_Crawford@Sep 26 2004, 04:38 PM

Printers???# :lol:# Yeah I'm sure Wally would have no problem sending Printers our way for Fleming if Matt had asked him nicely.# :lol:

At least Khari was able to MOVE the Bombers and even get them in the endzone once in a while... when was the last time Crandell did that for Calgary???# :blink:

When was the last time Khari led ANY touchdown drive? He was an overpaid backup quarterback on a team with a record almost as bad as the Stampeders and THIS is supposed to be a good trade? I doubt it!

Moreover, how much trade value do you think Fleming had when he can walk at the end of the year.

The Stamps got a player that is only 2 years removed from a most outstanding player season. He is a proven QB and once fully healthy will be way better than Crandell. [/b][/quote]
No kidding.

I know I didn't like the trade too much when it was rumoured last night, but the more I think about it, the more acceptable it is. We didn't get screwed, but neither did Winnipeg. Fleming has a history with Winnipeg, so it's likely that he will sign there after the season (but he also has a history w/ Wally, so he can end up in BC too). Lysack's a good Safety, but he was 2nd behind Joey Boese, a leading tackler in the league. Fullbacks were a wash, and are never really used anyways.

Besides, everyone wanted Crandell gone, and this is a step closer to him being done as a Stampeder. And it's just simply stupid if Dunigan was left with 3 rookies on the roster, so having a veteran QB on the roster (even if he ends up a expensive backup) is a great think to have. And Khari is definately an upgrade on Crandell.

Sammie
09-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by calf+Sep 26 2004, 05:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (calf @ Sep 26 2004, 05:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-JiriHrdina@Sep 26 2004, 05:09 PM

The Stamps got a player that is only 2 years removed from a most outstanding player season. He is a proven QB and once fully healthy will be way better than Crandell.
No kidding.

I know I didn't like the trade too much when it was rumoured last night, but the more I think about it, the more acceptable it is. We didn't get screwed, but neither did Winnipeg. Fleming has a history with Winnipeg, so it's likely that he will sign there after the season (but he also has a history w/ Wally, so he can end up in BC too). Lysack's a good Safety, but he was 2nd behind Joey Boese, a leading tackler in the league. Fullbacks were a wash, and are never really used anyways.

Besides, everyone wanted Crandell gone, and this is a step closer to him being done as a Stampeder. And it's just simply stupid if Dunigan was left with 3 rookies on the roster, so having a veteran QB on the roster (even if he ends up a expensive backup) is a great think to have. And Khari is definately an upgrade on Crandell.[/b][/quote]
Quite frankly I want to see Feterik gone before he make any more of a mess than he already has. Every move that has been made since hr bought the team has destroyed a little more of a great team every other CFL team tried to emulate. I just want him to sell the team before there is nothing left to rebuild.

JiriHrdina
09-27-2004, 12:06 AM
Yup. I understand completely Sammie. However if the Stamps can show something on the field in the last few weeks with Jones at the helm and re-energize the fan base then I think the chances are greater that someone will step-up and give Feterik the price tag he wants for the team.

JohnnyO
09-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Brutal Trade the defence gets weaker and we still don't have a QB. Matt has had one too many concussions me thinks!! I think we should start a fund raiser and buy the stamps to save this sorry excuse for a team.

albertGQ
09-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Heard on Global sports last night that K.Jones doesn't actually make $350K a year. Well he does, but its only $175,000 CFL salary and $175,000 personal services contract with the Bombers that have apparently already been paid

octothorp
09-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I'm starting to come around to this one. I guess I was initially bitter because Regimbald was one of my favorite long-time players on this team. Absolutely loved watching Regimbald catch a pass out of the backfield, break a couple tackles, and turn it into a 15 yard gain. For his sake, I'm glad he's going to a team where he'll likely be utilized more.

Jones will likely be a tad bit rusty this year--I don't expect him to come in and be a huge improvement over the existing QBs right away. Long-term, maybe he'll be able to regain a bit of his MVP form for next year. Just so long as Souza isn't the guy who loses out on the depth chart.

ken0042
09-27-2004, 09:47 AM
As a Bomber fan and a Stamps season ticket holder; I like this trade. Winnipeg is getting what it need most; help this season. Calgary's season is pretty much done, but they have Jones for a few more seasons after.

I might even go out and buy myself a Stamps jersey, and throw #17 on it.

JiriHrdina
09-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyO@Sep 27 2004, 08:41 AM
Brutal Trade the defence gets weaker and we still don't have a QB. Matt has had one too many concussions me thinks!! I think we should start a fund raiser and buy the stamps to save this sorry excuse for a team.
Again. What other QB would you like to have seen the Stamps get?

Jones is a former league outstanding player and up until this year was one of the premier QBs in the league. I have no doubt he can rebound to his former performance level.

shoestring
09-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Regimbald is a FA next year too,maybe we will resign him. :P

Bertuzzied
09-27-2004, 11:54 AM
I like this trade. Hopefully a change of scenery will be good for Jones, however we still don't have any good receivers. Is Jones still hurt or can he start next game for Calgary.

Otherwise Souza should get the call.

jackncoke
09-27-2004, 11:57 AM
There are a lot of people that just can't be pleased eh? Would you have liked it better if the Stamps didn't make any trade at all? That way Flemming and Regimbold would both walk at the end of the year and sign with someone else and we would get dick in exchange. We got something for 2 people that would probably not be here next year and we have an excellent QB for next year when he is healthy. He will be a lot better teacher for the young guys!!!! Would you have rather had them hold onto Crandell and have him pass on his trade to our young learning QB's? :blink: Wait till next year and see what you think of the trade. Lysak will be missed but our D is awesome and there will be someone to fill in for him next year. We as Stamps fans should concentrate on getting our O line beefed up now rather then complaining that we didn't win the trade. I think that we won IMO, lets just see who Joe signs with next year. I will put money on it that he is wearing orange next year!!! Good trade. GO STAMPS GO.

I_H8_Crawford
09-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by jackncoke@Sep 27 2004, 05:57 PM
There are a lot of people that just can't be pleased eh? Would you have liked it better if the Stamps didn't make any trade at all? That way Flemming and Regimbold would both walk at the end of the year and sign with someone else and we would get dick in exchange. We got something for 2 people that would probably not be here next year and we have an excellent QB for next year when he is healthy. He will be a lot better teacher for the young guys!!!! Would you have rather had them hold onto Crandell and have him pass on his trade to our young learning QB's? :blink: Wait till next year and see what you think of the trade. Lysak will be missed but our D is awesome and there will be someone to fill in for him next year. We as Stamps fans should concentrate on getting our O line beefed up now rather then complaining that we didn't win the trade. I think that we won IMO, lets just see who Joe signs with next year. I will put money on it that he is wearing orange next year!!! Good trade. GO STAMPS GO.
Exactly.

What I find hilarious is the same people who hate this trade would not have been happy unless Dunigan brought in a 26yr old Warren Moon.

Yet if he doesn't trade those players, and we lose them for nothing, guess who would be the first people to criticize Dunigan for doing nothing and getting nothing for them??

Dunigan had a choice for Fleming - K. Jones or some low draft picks from BC... real tough decision to make there. :rolleyes:

troutman
09-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Trade on hold pending physicals:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Win.../27/645938.html (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Winnipeg/2004/09/27/645938.html)

JohnnyO
09-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina+Sep 27 2004, 10:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JiriHrdina @ Sep 27 2004, 10:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JohnnyO@Sep 27 2004, 08:41 AM

Jones is a former league outstanding player and up until this year was one of the premier QBs in the league. I have no doubt he can rebound to his former performance level. [/b][/quote]
What has Jones done since 2001?

I have no idea who they should get. But what they gave up was a lot, Plus they gave up 2 good Canadians in Lysack and Reg.

Fobulous
09-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Its funny cause we lost the only thing that Stamps had going for themselves, and that was defence. Flemming was one of Calgary's best and now we got an injured QB.

Ugghh.. its going to be a long last 4 games.

JiriHrdina
09-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyO+Sep 27 2004, 01:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JohnnyO @ Sep 27 2004, 01:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by JiriHrdina@Sep 27 2004, 10:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-JohnnyO@Sep 27 2004, 08:41 AM

Jones is a former league outstanding player and up until this year was one of the premier QBs in the league. I have no doubt he can rebound to his former performance level.
What has Jones done since 2001?

I have no idea who they should get. But what they gave up was a lot, Plus they gave up 2 good Canadians in Lysack and Reg. [/b][/quote]
Well in 2002 he actually had an even better year statiscally putting up 5300 yard passing and 46 TD passes. So that's not too bad eh?

I realize he's had a rough year this year but it's primarily been due to injury.

It drives me up the wall. All year we've heard fans complain that we need a QB, and then Dunnigan goes and gets one and people are upset he gave up something to get it? Well, its not like he was going to call up another GM and say "hey man...I'm really in a bind here, can you send me one of your QBs. I really would rather not have to trade anything of value back to you. How does that sound?"

We gave up to pending UFAs that were not going to resign here and a young player. Even trade.

JiriHrdina
09-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Doggy Dogg@Sep 27 2004, 01:36 PM
Its funny cause we lost the only thing that Stamps had going for themselves, and that was defence. Flemming was one of Calgary's best and now we got an injured QB.

Ugghh.. its going to be a long last 4 games.
Sure but who cares about these last four games. This season is done anyways. The point is that this team is better set up for next season to have some success. Our defense is strong enough (particularly with Maxie coming back) to lose fleming.

troutman
09-27-2004, 02:20 PM
It would be great if Dunigan could re-sign Flemming in the summer (probably won't happen, but he likes playing in Calgary - maybe if we had new ownership?).

calculoso
09-27-2004, 02:33 PM
I don't like this trade for one reason and one reason only.

I didn't want the Stamps to trade away Lysack. He's already a good player and great contributor and is only going to get better.

I see this trade as Jordan Leopold for Chris Osgood (an old goalie who was at the top of the game at one point... comparable to Jones - an old QB who was at the top of the game at one point). This isn't a great comparison, as I think Jones is a better QB than Osgood a goalie, but I couldn't think of anyone else. Byron Dafoe maybe?

8 Ball
09-27-2004, 09:22 PM
I like the trade. It's not perfect, but something had to be done. I think with a fresh start next season Jones may return to being a great Q.B. especially if Dunnigan is still around to work with him.
I still believe the Stamps were two players short of being a really good team. Now with Jones and Reynolds they may be on thier way. I just hope next season they can start dishing out a bit of payback on the teams that ran up scores against them while they were down.
Jones will also help in getting people to re-new and/or buy season tickets for next year IMO.

ken0042
09-28-2004, 09:41 AM
The other thing that Khari is good for; being visible in the community. In Winnipeg he lived there year round and was always available for autograph session fund raisers. Watching Global last night he looked happy to be in Calgary. I think he'll do well here.

troutman
10-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2004 - Globe & Mail

Which team did better in Sunday's CFL blockbuster trade?

Winnipeg
143 votes (33 %)

Calgary
207 votes (48 %)

It's even
77 votes (18 %)

Total Votes: 427