PDA

View Full Version : Stampeders finally come through!

Bertuzzied
09-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Man i have to give them credit. I was swearing and jumping up and down for pretty much the first 59 minutes but they pull through and win!

The defense is incredible and lets hope Souza can finally bring us some offence.
Great game stamps.

Why was the blackout lifted? 2 games in a row.

Otto-matic
09-24-2004, 10:28 PM
THEY WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awsome. TAKE THAT BC!! HAHAHAHAHA

Bertuzzied
09-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Otto-matic@Sep 25 2004, 04:28 AM
THEY WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awsome. TAKE THAT BC!! HAHAHAHAHA
They broke BC's 9 game winning streak! Man our defence has to be the best in the league. If we can only show a bit of offence we would be rocking.

you have to watch the hilites tonite to watch the hit on Printers causing him to fumble in the 4th quarter. That was the hit of the year.

I_H8_Crawford
09-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Finally the D gets rewarded for their incredible play!

Great job for the D!! They won this game for us! :yay:

Rejean31
09-24-2004, 10:41 PM
I think "Souza the starter" has a nice ring to it.

calf
09-24-2004, 10:51 PM
People were leaving with 10 minutes left. They missed out on a great last 3 minutes. THat was fantastic! That Souza-Montana connection looked great. Hell, newcomer Joffrey Reynolds looked pretty damn good too. Great outcome tonight!

calgaryred
09-24-2004, 11:02 PM
I gotta ask! I had to leave the house just before B.C was called for pass interference. So I had to listen to the rest of the game in my car. Now I live in Kelowna so the radio feed came from Vancouver. On the last play 3rd and goal the Vancouver announcers were freaking out saying Stamps QB never crossed the line. Rather it was his head that crossed the plain not the ball. Is this true did the refs goof up or did the replay show different. I ask cause the Lions announcers are such homers.

calf
09-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by calgaryred@Sep 24 2004, 11:02 PM
I gotta ask! I had to leave the house just before B.C was called for pass interference. So I had to listen to the rest of the game in my car. Now I live in Kelowna so the radio feed came from Vancouver. On the last play 3rd and goal the Vancouver announcers were freaking out saying Stamps QB never crossed the line. Rather it was his head that crossed the plain not the ball. Is this true did the refs goof up or did the replay show different. I ask cause the Lions announcers are such homers.
Well, it was their fullback that took it in.

From where I was sitting, it looked like the ball crossed the plane, barely. The replay they showed on the jumbotron looked like he wasn't even close - I'm going to believe the refs on this one :).

JiriHrdina
09-24-2004, 11:17 PM
I didn't think he was in and it wouldn't surprise me if the refs blew the call. The officiating in the CFL is brutal. However I don't think its a huge deal because BC got the benefit of some pretty bad non-calls on the kick-return for TD. There were a few clips and holds that could have easily been called, right in front of the refs.

calf
09-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina@Sep 24 2004, 11:17 PM
I didn't think he was in and it wouldn't surprise me if the refs blew the call. The officiating in the CFL is brutal. However I don't think its a huge deal because BC got the benefit of some pretty bad non-calls on the kick-return for TD. There were a few clips and holds that could have easily been called, right in front of the refs.
Don't forget that phantom pass interference call on the Stamps.

ken0042
09-24-2004, 11:37 PM
They just showed the replay on Global. Looks like he was in. Too bad I couldn't make it to the game tonight.

calf
09-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ken0042@Sep 24 2004, 11:37 PM
They just showed the replay on Global. Looks like he was in. Too bad I couldn't make it to the game tonight.
On the Global replay he didn't look in, to me. But nothing can be done now...thankfully.

Resolute 14
09-25-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina@Sep 25 2004, 05:17 AM
He wasnt in on that play, but he was in two plays earlier, but had the TD nullified by referee incompetence. In the end, it worked out as it should have, and like usual, CFL referees believe that two wrongs make a right.

coaster
09-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by calf+Sep 25 2004, 05:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (calf @ Sep 25 2004, 05:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JiriHrdina@Sep 24 2004, 11:17 PM
Don't forget that phantom pass interference call on the Stamps. [/b][/quote]
Did it look anything like the phantom call at the end of the game that put the Stamps on the one? Or did it look like the phantom touchdown? Did anyone notice which official signalled the T.D.? The only one who didn't have a view of it because he was on the wrong side of the pile. B.C. was robbed.

Rejean31
09-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Hey coaster, so BC was robbed were they? What about all the illegal blocks and clips on the BC kick return touchdown. Were the Lions robbed there, too? The Lions should never have been up by 10 if the officials hadn't blown those earlier calls. So quitcher whining.

CaramonLS
09-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Not to mention the 3 point gimmie for O'Mahany.

If that "pass interference" wasn't called he would have shanked another one.

Bertuzzied
09-25-2004, 10:42 AM
To be honest he didn't make the goal line. It was a pretty bad call. I thought for sure BC stopped them and then the fireworks started going off! hehehe.

2 plays earlier when they are at 1 yard line, souza scored but the refs blew the play down because BC was offside. That was a very stupid call, because BC was anticipated the qb sneak. They are on the 1 yard line so even if there is a penalty against bc it doesn't even hurt them. BC could have just jumped off side the rest of the game and we would hve an infinite game. ??? ugh it's early saturday morning. hehe

AvengeR
09-25-2004, 01:04 PM
I taped the game and rewatched it in slow-mo and Souza made it in on the first attempt. His upper body was on the goal line or accross. The second attempt shsould not have been called back cause the BC player never made contact with the Oline til the ball was snapped. On that last attempt, I think was just got a part of the football on the goal line. Remember that all it takes is for the tip of the ball to be on the line for it to be a touchball, the entire ball doesn';t have to cross the line. On the reply from the sideline, you can see the the ball carrier was almost upright when he got to the line. His head was on across the line and so was part of his arms. So you can assume that the ball wold be partly accross the line too.

But BC had a free TD on that punt return and the ridiculous PI penalty that set them up inside the 10. It all evens out in the end.

8 Ball
09-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Bertuzzied@Sep 24 2004, 10:16 PM
Man i have to give them credit. I was swearing and jumping up and down for pretty much the first 59 minutes but they pull through and win!

The defense is incredible and lets hope Souza can finally bring us some offence.
Great game stamps.

Why was the blackout lifted? 2 games in a row.
I may be wrong, but I don't think any games are blacked out this season.

octothorp
09-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 8 Ball@Sep 27 2004, 08:28 PM
There definitely was as blackout for some earlier games--the previous BC game was blacked out. I got a cell-phone call from a friend who thought he was watching the real game, and was calling to update me on the score. I asked him who was starting at QB. He looks at his TV a moment and said 'Danny Barrett.' I wonder how many people were watching that game not realizing that it was about 15 years old?

8 Ball
09-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by octothorp+Sep 28 2004, 09:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (octothorp @ Sep 28 2004, 09:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-8 Ball@Sep 27 2004, 08:28 PM
There definitely was as blackout for some earlier games--the previous BC game was blacked out. I got a cell-phone call from a friend who thought he was watching the real game, and was calling to update me on the score. I asked him who was starting at QB. He looks at his TV a moment and said 'Danny Barrett.' I wonder how many people were watching that game not realizing that it was about 15 years old? [/b][/quote]
Yeah, I saw that one. But the next day at work my buddy said he saw the game and that it wasn't blacked out, so who knows what the hell is going on!