PDA

View Full Version : Finally We See Souza

Pagal4321
09-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Well FINALLY we see some Souza action. And boy does that kid have an arm. Timing is a little off, but he can throw. And that side step on the saftey blitz was nice.
I hope he get's first team reps and starts against TO. Win or not, in these final seconds....
anyone agree?

stuckinchuck
09-24-2004, 10:13 PM
He better have a chance, nice work by the rookie

calf
09-24-2004, 10:49 PM
The timing looked off a bit, but that gets corrected with more game action. He looks like he has a real strong arm, a quick release, and some wheels to boot.

Crandell's out. He should've been long gone. But this Souza guy looks good (esp under pressure!!!).

How about that 3rd and 10 30yd pickup there? Wow!

Mccree
09-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Didn't Tommy Jones have a "good" first game too. I like what I saw but let's not get too excited yet.

JiriHrdina
09-24-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm actually equally encouraged by what we saw from our new running back. His name escapes me at the moment (impressive eh) but he had some nice runs. Nothing huge, but made some good yardage out of nothing a few times. Better than Ike.

calf
09-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Mccree - yeah, Jones had a good first game too. But this guy was thrown to the wolves and came back to win. If that's not encouraging, I don't know what is. I'm not going to declare him MVP or the next Flutie or anything, but he really did impress. In such a pitiful season, I guess it's ok that we overly celebrate a win like this.

Jiri - Joffrey Reynolds. He seemed like a warrior, turning 2 yards into 5, never giving up, even if there wasn't a hole. He was good tonight.

Mccree
09-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by calf@Sep 24 2004, 11:17 PM
Mccree - yeah, Jones had a good first game too. But this guy was thrown to the wolves and came back to win. If that's not encouraging, I don't know what is. I'm not going to declare him MVP or the next Flutie or anything, but he really did impress. In such a pitiful season, I guess it's ok that we overly celebrate a win like this.

Jiri - Joffrey Reynolds. He seemed like a warrior, turning 2 yards into 5, never giving up, even if there wasn't a hole. He was good tonight.
I agree it's encouraging but with a season such as this one, it is tough to get too excited after a QB's first game. Let's hope he can get a few more reps and come back just as strong and then I will get more excited.

Pagal4321
09-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Yea, I don't want to get too ahead of myself.
But I mean that release, the ARM STRENGTH, I mean that first throw to Mcgarity looked like nothing to this guy.
And Renoylds was really fighting for extra yards. But my only problem was that on TSN they kept saying this guy has that breakaway speed. Well why don't we try to do some outside run plays instead of straight up the middle. Just a thought.

But if Souza can get some of those reps in, he can get his timing down and then mayyyyybe!

CaramonLS
09-24-2004, 11:55 PM
You know at least Suzza has the Vision to find an open man... thats 3 plays where he aired it out and JUST overthrew it.. you just wonder how many times Crandall had the open man down field and didn't take the shot, because watching that game... He didn't even try to air it out.

calf
09-25-2004, 12:00 AM
Oh, just a thought I had - maybe why the timing was off could be on the receiver side? I mean, they're so used to coming back for the ball instead of it being right there, or a little ahead of them...

Pagal4321
09-25-2004, 12:04 AM
Meh, I think it's just lack of reps with those receivers, he just flat out overthrew a few of em. But that could be right as well. Man I was gonna flip out if they didn't get it in at the 1 like 7 times.

And after months of people saying Souza should play he finally does....and look at the results(not bad)

calgaryred
09-25-2004, 12:57 AM
It's crazy three wins from three separate QB's

Bertuzzied
09-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by calf@Sep 25 2004, 05:17 AM

No No. His name is Renolds. ;)
After like the first play of the game, the bc defence ripped off the "Y" from his jersey.

How come this game wasn't blacked out? The Ottawa game was lifted the previous too. Oh well good thing i stuck around the house wiating for just that

calf
09-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Bertuzzied+Sep 25 2004, 10:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bertuzzied @ Sep 25 2004, 10:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-calf@Sep 25 2004, 05:17 AM

No No. His name is Renolds. ;)
After like the first play of the game, the bc defence ripped off the "Y" from his jersey. [/b][/quote]
Actually, you're wrong Bertuzzied. It's RE NOLDS

Papa Gino
09-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Isnt his name Reynolds, but the Y fell off his jersey?

calf
09-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Lombo18@Sep 25 2004, 08:42 PM
Isnt his name Reynolds, but the Y fell off his jersey?
we're joking around :)