PDA

View Full Version : Sept. 24 Hitmen Vs. Rebels

Iggy=Flames4ever
09-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Its going to be a great game tonight, anyone going to listen to it on the fan?

Iggy=Flames4ever
09-24-2004, 07:54 PM
HITMEN SCORE!!!!

1-0 By Andrew Ladd

GO HITMEN GO

MrMastodonFarm
09-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Red Deer wins 5-4

Dion Phaneuf gets 2 goals and an assist and gets the first start.

JiriHrdina
09-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Ahhh. Hitmen win and Phaneuf scores. The perfect combination for a Calgary fan.

kn
09-24-2004, 09:05 PM
4-1 Hitmen after two...

Sylvanfan
09-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Something tells me Phaneuf could be moved by mid season if it appears that the NHL Labour dispute is not going to be solved. I don't think the Rebels will do too well this year without Cam Ward guarding the nets. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sutter off Phaneuf to a contending team for a couple of good 17 year olds to help the Rebels next year.

MrMastodonFarm
09-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by kn@Sep 24 2004, 09:05 PM
4-1 Hitmen after two...
Game isn't over?

Well, that is what I get for trusting the WHL website.

Iggy=Flames4ever
09-24-2004, 09:08 PM
he should trade Phanuef to the Hitmen by the end of the trade deadline of the rebels are going to suck like they are tonight....I think the Hitmen are going all the way this year and have a very good chance of winning the Memorial Cup

Iggy=Flames4ever
09-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Ahhh. Hitmen win and Phaneuf scores. The perfect combination for a Calgary fan.

booo Phanuef for scoring that goal

DeanOMac
09-24-2004, 09:48 PM
4-3, Phaneuf gets a 2nd. 3:40 left in the 3rd.

DeanOMac
09-24-2004, 09:54 PM
4-4 Colin Fraser ties it, goalie pulled.

DeanOMac
09-24-2004, 10:10 PM
Rebels win in OT, a delayed penalty was going against Calgary, that Phaneuf drew. Phaneuf got an assist.

Flickered Flame
09-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Red Deer play by play man called it a bad goal floating wrist shot. Sounded like Phaneuf played a ton of minutes.

Otto-matic
09-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Major Choke by the hitman

5-4 Final score?

Iggy=Flames4ever
09-24-2004, 10:15 PM
now I really hate Phanuef

DeanOMac
09-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Iggy=Flames4ever@Sep 24 2004, 09:15 PM
now I really hate Phanuef
Your not really a flames fan are you? Its fine to like the hitmen more than red deer (although I have to admit for this season only, I am a rebels fan), thats not a problem, but to hate our top prospect is really odd.

Seachd
09-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by DeanOMac@Sep 25 2004, 04:33 AM
Your not really a flames fan are you? Its fine to like the hitmen more than red deer (although I have to admit for this season only, I am a rebels fan), thats not a problem, but to hate our top prospect is really odd.
Oh... my... God...

MrMastodonFarm
09-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Seachd@Sep 24 2004, 10:46 PM
Oh... my... God...
Huh?

Anways, I beleive Iggy=Flames4ever is just a wee lad. I am guessing 14 tops, who knows why he said that, its mostly funny. In 2-3 years he is oging to be loving Phaneuf.

The kid can do it all. He logged some big time minutes tonight, displayed skill at both ends of the rink and wore the A with pride. What else can you say about Phaneuf. A gem.

Seachd
09-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by MrMastodonFarm@Sep 25 2004, 04:51 AM
Huh?

Anways, I beleive Iggy=Flames4ever is just a wee lad. I am guessing 14 tops, who knows why he said that, its mostly funny. In 2-3 years he is oging to be loving Phaneuf.
I don't know... I was guessing it was one massive joke to start with.

MrMastodonFarm
09-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Seachd@Sep 24 2004, 10:52 PM
I don't know... I was guessing it was one massive joke to start with.
Oh ok, I didn't. I think "Iggy=Flames4ever" is around 13, or 14. He migrated from calgaryflames.com and might not even know Phaneuf is Flames property to be honest.

Seachd
09-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by MrMastodonFarm@Sep 25 2004, 04:53 AM
Oh ok, I didn't. I think "Iggy=Flames4ever" is around 13, or 14. He migrated from calgaryflames.com and might not even know Phaneuf is Flames property to be honest.
That makes sense. It just seemed a little strange for someone to be saying that - joke or not.

Otto-matic
09-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Who could hate Phanuef?

Every GM would kill to have a player his caliber on a team.

JiriHrdina
09-24-2004, 11:12 PM
I find it very odd listening to Hitmen games when they are playing the Rebels. I cheer for the Hitmen except when Dion is on the ice, then I hope he scores. Very strange.

ChipOne
09-24-2004, 11:18 PM
i've got front row tickets to the home opener on sunday...really excited to see that game.

thing is, i grew up in BDN, MB, so, naturally i cheered for the wheaties. coming out here and wanting to banish myself of all BDN associations, i dropped them like a kick to my brother's head.

that said, i don't really have allegence to the hitmen. when they play brandon i want them to kick some hiney, but now there's the whole phaneuf factor.

i'm not sure who i should cheer for on sunday...

Resolute 14
09-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Just got back from that game, and yes, while he wears a Rebels uniform, I absolutely despise Phaneuf. But, that is just a sign of how good he is going to be for the Flames.

The Hitmen ran out of gas in the third, and they did so partially becuase of the worst referee in hockey: Derek Herman. While several of them were deserved, especially Getzlaf's stupid spearing penalty at the end - I have never seen a referee put one team down FIVE TIMES in the third period of a game without evening it up. The winning goal in OT was scored on a delayed penalty call as well. And it is not like the Rebels are a team of angels. There was ample opportunity to make calls both ways.

Instead, Calgary spends practically the entire third on the defensive, and the Rebels pressed their advantage very, very well. Even so, Calgary could still have won the game if they were a little more disciplined.

But then, that is typical Herman. He is one of those refs who has to be the first star of every game he works. Hell, he's screwed the Hitmen's opposition at least as often as he has us.

Still, congrats to the Rebels on the win. And good luck, because with Festa in net, you will need it.

Berger
09-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Blowing a 4-1 lead after 2 periods. Looks like a no puck practice tomorrow. :(

Jagger
09-25-2004, 01:53 AM
Well that was a fun game................

Phaneuf was simply dominant out there. No wonder Hitmen fans don't like him. There was one sign with "Cheap Shot Phaneuf" on it. Now if you are a Hitmen and Flames fan I imagine that is one tough situation. He was the best player on the ice tonight by some margin.

It's funny though the way the Sutters are. After the game Brent Sutter was asked about Phaneuf and he trotted out the usual "well we expect that from Dion" and just so the player doesn't get too carried away pointed out that he made some mistakes tonight by trying to do too much. Sutter is always pushing to make his players better. This is one fan who feels lucky to be able to watch Dion play a little longer. (See there is one good thing about the lockout!)

I actually thought that Festa wasn't too bad tonight. There are probably a couple of goals he'd like back but overall I was pretty pleased with him. He's no Ward but then not many goalies are at this level.

Referee Herman was really bad and I can see why a Hitmen fan would be annoyed. After saying that, the Hitmen still play with too little discipline. The captain taking a totally dumb penalty with little time left on the clock, and putting his team down in OT, is inexcusable. I've seen Getzlaf do this before against the Rebels too. Who needed Egener out there taking the dumb ones tonight?

The Hitmen should be a great team though. Lot's of good players on that team and that defence is HUGE. Still not convinced about their goaltending though.

Pleased that the Rebels were able to come back. This is a team that doesn't usually score many goals so at 4-1 down it looked dire. Besides Phaneuf, Colin Fraser had a great game. Also, pleased with Henituik and Gillies.

It's just so great that hockey is back.

Iggy=Flames4ever
09-25-2004, 12:30 PM
people people people.....I know that Phanuef is our top prospect but when he is still playing for Red Deer I hate him until he is on The Flames....like a Darcy Tucker type player, you absolutely hate them until they are on your team.....and Phanuef wont be playing in the NHl for another 1 or 2 yrs so until then.....I can hate him all i want, especially scoring 2 goals against the hitmen last night, but the Hitmen are goin to crush him tomorrow

KootenayFlamesFan
09-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Iggy=Flames4ever@Sep 25 2004, 12:30 PM
like a Darcy Tucker type player, you absolutely hate them until they are on your team.....
I can say with all honesty that I would still not like Tucker if he was wearing a Flames uniform.

In other news, it was nice to see the Flames prospects do well last night in the WHL.

Phaneuf - 2 G 1 A
Hogg - 2 A
Cunning - 1 G ....although he ended up a minus 3. ouch.
Cracknell - 1 G
Seitsonen - 1 G

Claeren
09-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Iggy=Flames4ever@Sep 25 2004, 12:30 PM
people people people.....I know that Phanuef is our top prospect but when he is still playing for Red Deer I hate him until he is on The Flames....like a Darcy Tucker type player, you absolutely hate them until they are on your team.....and Phanuef wont be playing in the NHl for another 1 or 2 yrs so until then.....I can hate him all i want, especially scoring 2 goals against the hitmen last night, but the Hitmen are goin to crush him tomorrow
Only because there is a strike.... at least that is what i hope you mean...

And he is nothing, NOTHING, like Darcy Tucker. Scott Stevens sure, Tucker? NO.

Claeren.

Old Yeller
09-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Claeren@Sep 25 2004, 08:40 PM

Get some reading comprehension, he never compared Phaneuf to Darcy Tucker other than the "you absolutely hate him until he's on your team" comment.

If Phaneuf was just comparable to Tucker, there wouldn't be half the hype around the kid.

Sylvanfan
09-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Iggy=Flames4ever@Sep 25 2004, 06:30 PM
Both Darryl and Brent Sutter have said that Phaneuf will be playing for the Flames as soon as the NHL labour dispute is resolved. It looks pretty clear at this point in time the Dion is beyond being a junior calibre player. He may not be ready for regular NHL duty, but he definitely needs to move up another level from Junior.

albertGQ
09-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Claeren+Sep 25 2004, 02:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Claeren @ Sep 25 2004, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Iggy=Flames4ever@Sep 25 2004, 12:30 PM
Only because there is a strike.... at least that is what i hope you mean...

Claeren. [/b][/quote]
Strike? You mean owner's lockout right?