PDA

View Full Version : Sean Green to miss at least one game

JiriHrdina
09-22-2004, 11:49 PM
With his team in the midst of a tight race for the NL West, Sean Green has decided to sit at least one game this weekend in observance of Yom Kippur.

Is he making the right decision? Should his religious beliefs supercede what his team needs?

Discuss.

Jiggy_12
09-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Hmm, this is always a highly debated question when it comes around every year. I'm on the fence. If the team is ok with it, then I don't see why it shouldnt be allowed. But Shawn should realize himself that his team needs him now more than ever. If I was his teammate I would be a tad angry, but I wouldnt be able to say anything about to him.

nfotiu
09-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Fuel@Sep 23 2004, 05:55 AM
Hmm, this is always a highly debated question when it comes around every year. I'm on the fence. If the team is ok with it, then I don't see why it shouldnt be allowed. But Shawn should realize himself that his team needs him now more than ever. If I was his teammate I would be a tad angry, but I wouldnt be able to say anything about to him.
If it is one game, so be it. Most baseball players don't play every night anyway these days.

Jiggy_12
09-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by nfotiu+Sep 23 2004, 07:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nfotiu @ Sep 23 2004, 07:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fuel@Sep 23 2004, 05:55 AM
If it is one game, so be it. Most baseball players don't play every night anyway these days. [/b][/quote]
In most other divisions one game wouldnt make a difference, but the Dodgers are just a hair up on the Giants. It's too close.

habernac
09-23-2004, 11:27 AM
Tough one. I'm not a real religious type so I would ask him (nicely of course) to take one for the team. If I'm the Dodgers, I'd take it out of his pay as well.

Resolute 14
09-23-2004, 08:06 PM
He has the legal right to observe his holidays. In the grand scheme of things, making or missing the playoffs is nothing compared to his religious beliefs.

habernac
09-24-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Snakeeye@Sep 23 2004, 08:06 PM
He has the legal right to observe his holidays. In the grand scheme of things, making or missing the playoffs is nothing compared to his religious beliefs.
I've always thought that was bullsh*t. I gotta make up some religious holidays that I can observe as well. Maybe I'll start taking Guy Lafleur's birthday as a "religous holiday" every year.

:yes: