PDA

View Full Version : Better Forum

scottie
08-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Shoot!

kermitology
08-01-2004, 05:57 PM
The software roxors for me, but I'm still getting used to all the replying changes. I like the quoting and how nice it works with FireFox. As for speed, I don't notice any noticable difference.

La Flames Fan
08-01-2004, 06:02 PM
I like it very much....I like Avatars and I find it way faster than before.....It's also "cleaner" than the old version, everything looks newere and well, cooler.

Dirty Mr. Clean
08-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Scottie I like this forum a lot better. The look and feel is better. I find it quicker and the new options are great. I love the customizations you can make to the way you see the forum which is great.

metallicat
08-01-2004, 06:22 PM
I am a big fan of the changes. Everything is a lot smoother. Nice work, and thanks to everyone involved.

calgaryred
08-01-2004, 07:29 PM
awesome job!

MrMastodonFarm
08-01-2004, 07:56 PM
The bolding actually works with Mozilla and the forum just seems cleaner and sharper then the last one.. really slick. Faster too!

Good job.

Cube Inmate
08-01-2004, 10:39 PM
It's taking some getting used to, but I like it. Don't really notice any difference in speed...it's always been fast enough for me.

I hate those screens that say "Please wait... you are being transferred. If you do not wish to wait, click here"

calf
08-01-2004, 10:39 PM
I have to agree with the general consensus. I like the new look, the new features (avatars are great!!), and it's generally faster. Thanks!!

FlamesAddiction
08-01-2004, 10:52 PM
I like the software better, and it seems a little faster at least.

Like I said before, for some reason I had problems with the old software and my browser. I would have to hit back at least 3 times to go back and it would often take a while to load. I'm not sure if it was a problem with anyone else, but anyway, this new software works great for me so I'm happy.

The only thing I liked more about the old software was being able to copy and paste HTML and pictures directly.

Pagal4321
08-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Yea I'm liking the new forum. It's got a sharper look to it. Gotta get used to it though. The old CP was a unique forum I thought. But liking the avatars and the new features on this one. Will just have to get used to the new way of replying,. Good work Scottie and all!!

snowdude
08-02-2004, 09:01 AM
It's taking a bit to get used to but its much faster for me (even on my laptop!) than the old site and the format is a lot cleaner and overall looks great. Good job!

Maritime Q-Scout
08-02-2004, 09:51 AM
I find the site faster, I guess I never really noticed the "slowness" of the old board. However I liked the old board better just because... well... I'm an old fashioned eastern boy, I don't like change. Seems like of the three main hockey boards I post on (Calgary Puck, Moosetalk, Nestcape) all of them changed formatts within a month of each other. This... I'm not a fan of...

However this board is still cool, and if I started posting now as opposed to a few months ago I wouldn't be complaining in the least. I just don't like change :o

the_only_turek_fan
08-02-2004, 10:46 PM
I hate to be the grouch, but I liked the old form better. This one is nice I just liked the other one better
This one is too complicated, and there is just a whole lot of junk on the page that doesnt need to be there.
I like the old form because it was simple, it had your name, post and signature.

And for the stupid reason I liked the other one better, this one looks too much like Oilfans and Canucks central. ;)

But Scottie you did a good job, so thanks!

Dirty Mr. Clean
08-03-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by the_only_turek_fan@Aug 2 2004, 10:46 PM
I hate to be the grouch, but I liked the old form better. This one is nice I just liked the other one better
This one is too complicated, and there is just a whole lot of junk on the page that doesnt need to be there.
I like the old form because it was simple, it had your name, post and signature.

And for the stupid reason I liked the other one better, this one looks too much like Oilfans and Canucks central. ;)

But Scottie you did a good job, so thanks!
Yeah we need more custom images for the post bar and others to make them look more Flames related.

scottie
08-03-2004, 12:11 AM
A couple of folks are woking on a custom set of graphics for the site, so you'll be able to choose which skin you want to use. (Having said that, thanks to SuperNilson for the current set.)

Cheese
08-03-2004, 08:28 AM
I liked the old board better...but Im getting used to the new one. Something about the simplicity of the old forum that was just great...it was easier to get around and find whatever you needed. I understand the reason for change though!

Brendone
08-03-2004, 08:59 AM
I like it. Very similar to other forums I post on. Definitely like the "View New Posts" and the updated list of discussions rather than infinite pages.
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif

JiriHrdina
08-03-2004, 10:46 PM
My 2 cents.

Great changes guys. The additional functionality we we have is great. I don't really "get" avateurs or whatever they are called but they are funny so its all good.

The site is definately faster for me too.

The site also seems to be easier for the mods to manage too which is great considering they are volunteering their time.

Overall, great job. Thanks for all the hard work.

Incogneto
08-04-2004, 09:06 AM
I just got back from vacation, and was welcomed to the CP board with >BAM< a new board. I LOVE it. looks great, but I do have one suggestion....

To whom it may concern (ie/ Scottie),

Any possibility of changing the code so that visited links show up in a different color? I like being able to come the the site, and seeing which threads are new.

Is this a possibility?

Incog.

scottie
08-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Asked and answered, councellor!!! (check the other thread where you asked this!! :))

nfotiu
08-04-2004, 12:24 PM
I am still annoyed that I get an error every time I reply. Other than that, everything looks great.

Maritime Q-Scout
08-04-2004, 09:15 PM
what's up with the flood protection?

Does it surve any purpose other than the few times where I have to watch my watch and count down until I can post again? I feel locked out.

Then again it doesn't happen often but when it does "grrrr" :D

KevanGuy
08-09-2004, 01:44 PM
FYI. I just noticed that if you click on the number in the reply column you can see who all posted in that thread. Useless, but cool.

Anders
08-10-2004, 04:16 AM
It's faster but I am awaiting the skins for a nicer graphic design. I am not a fan of very clean designs. More Flames related graphics.