PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup

Flickered Flame
09-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Anyone else enjoying the Euro domination of round 1?

The Goon
09-18-2004, 06:56 AM
It was unbelievable how Europe dominated day 1. I fully expect the USA to come back today.

JiriHrdina
09-18-2004, 04:51 PM
US gained a bit in the morning but Europe took 3 of 4 afternoon matches to lead 11-5. They only need to win 3 of 12 matches tomorrow to win the cup.

Good stuff!

flambers
09-18-2004, 05:48 PM
The US have been horrible. I was looking forward to watch this event. Doesn't mean much now. Its over..........................

JiriHrdina
09-18-2004, 06:19 PM
One of the more interesting sub-stories of today is the fact that Sutton benched Phil Mickleson for his poor play. Wonder if he'll put him back in for tomorrow.

The Goon
09-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Another interesting sub-story is how Colin Montgomerie and Darren Clarke look like completely different people with all the weight they've lost.

I can't believe how dominant Europe has been.

FlamesAllTheWay
09-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Running a little rough this morning, though Europe has made some clutch putts in the last few minutes to get a few strokes back.

Shaping up to be a good final day...

I-Hate-Hulse
09-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Interesting side story with Mickleson and his choice to sign a new deal with Callaway, forcing a move to Callaway Woods, and ball (he's still keeping his Titleist irons and putter). Promptly stank up Glen Abbey and then sucked at the Ryder (watched his opening tee shot on Sunday - Hey Phil, that's MY game you're playing).

Then again I believe his deal is for 7-10 milllion a year, a good deal more than the 3-4 million he was getting from Titleist. Still what a nightmare for Callaway, they've kind of been on a skid lately with their equipment being misses lately (although I do play X-16's myself), and generally biased towards game improvement. Hopefully Callaway can design some more pro level equipment for Phil with some of Roger Cleveland's magic....

dirk diggler
09-20-2004, 08:13 AM
even golf is no different than most other sports... if you play like a team and want it more, you will win. the Americans play like individuals, while the euros embrace the whole team concept... Golf is generally an individual game and thats why the americans are so highly rated, but as team players, they dont gel.. good to see the beating they got...

the-rasta-masta
09-23-2004, 07:37 AM
I'd like to see the format of the Ryder cup change to Europe vs. North America. Guys like Ames and Weir could bring a lot to that team, and it would create more viewership up in Canada.