PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good companies to start new career

CalgaryCowboy
03-22-2006, 05:43 PM
I recently shut down my business as a contractor in the new home painting feild. This was not a small thing I had 13 employees ,700k in sales just found it too stressful and was killing me mentally. I am for good large companies that will alow me to work my way up. I have a business admin diploma from Mount Royal and completed several levels of the CGA program years ago. Lots of experience in Customer Service and dealing with employees, contracts ect. I have identified Westjet, and Shaw as companies that look good for promoting from within. Any suggestions? In particular oil companies as I am not too familiar with the industry.

My plan of action is to find good companies then see where I might fit there needs them work my way up. Have heard of many situations where they will train employees that show potential.

Thanks for any help.

freakinsaprikin
04-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Well I justed started with Shaw and they seem like a good company with lots of room to move up. I have only been there for a week so I don't know how it would be after a while, but I really like the environment. Everybody seems to enjoy working there and like there jobs. They also pay alright for an entry level postion.

SeeGeeWhy
08-30-2006, 08:51 AM
You'll be back to owning/operating your own business within 6 months of working for a big corporation.

CalgaryCowboy
08-31-2006, 05:31 AM
Well I took awhile to find the right fit. I am now with a small to mid sized residential contruction company and couldn't be happier. Started at a non-entry level position. Working in a team enviroment but not micro managaged at all.