PDA

View Full Version : worst ever?

calgaryred
09-10-2004, 10:15 PM
For those that have been a fan of the stamps during the bad and good times. Do you think this Stamps squad is the worst ever? Honestly I've sen some pretty crappy teams, but this team seems to take the cake! Do we have enough to win again? I'm stunned how poor of a team the Stamps have become! I think this is the worst squad ever to assemble in McMahon ever. Looking at QB's like Rick Worman, Rick Johnson at least they could win 5 to 8 games a season! There's only a month of the regular season left and we have two wins! The first was back in June!!!!

CaptainCrunch
09-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by calgaryred@Sep 11 2004, 04:15 AM
For those that have been a fan of the stamps during the bad and good times. Do you think this Stamps squad is the worst ever? Honestly I've sen some pretty crappy teams, but this team seems to take the cake! Do we have enough to win again? I'm stunned how poor of a team the Stamps have become! I think this is the worst squad ever to assemble in McMahon ever. Looking at QB's like Rick Worman, Rick Johnson at least they could win 5 to 8 games a season! There's only a month of the regular season left and we have two wins! The first was back in June!!!!
Worst ever, not really, we have a very good defense, we have an awful offense and lousy special teams.

A good symbolic gesture from Dunnigan at the end of the year would be to cut every single offensive player on this team.

We've given up 28 points on offense and special teams. Thats a joke.

If I was Joe fleming, or John Grace or any defensive player there would be no way at all that I would resign with this team.

From a record standpoint, yes its the worst. from a personal standpoint its not

Flickered Flame
09-10-2004, 10:24 PM
I agree with captain, we have a fairly good defence its the offense that is the real problem. There is no QB, no running back, no o-line to open some holes for the rb, and not a real go to receiver. i really think Matt needs to step down from being gm because he just doesn't have the time to scout and find top talented football players.

JiriHrdina
09-10-2004, 10:52 PM
There was some pretty bad team in the 80s. The Larry Kuharich (sp?) era comes to mind.

However, I think what disturbs me most about this team is that there are few building blocks in place. No QB, no RB. A couple good receivers and some good players on D. However, this entire organization needs to be stripped down to the bare bone and start rebuilding again.

Fuzzy McGillicuddy
09-10-2004, 11:03 PM
I witnessed some of those bad teams in the 80's. Those were some pretty brutal teams. I won't say this team is worse.

But, I think this is the worst offense I've ever seen. http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/html/emoticons/bag.gif

The defense is actually pretty respectable. If the Stamps even had a mediocre offense right now, they could be a playoff contender.

calf
09-11-2004, 12:53 AM
The defence is f'n great. Losing the game 44-12 definately wasn't their fault, considering how many points were scored on special teams and turnovers.

Curious stat at how bad the offence isThey have 18 points in their last 3 games...and how many of these points came from field goals?. Horrible. I feel bad for the guys kicking ass on the other side of the ball.

Anyone know why Hebert wasn't playing? If anyone deserved to be playing, it's him, not this bum Gatehouse.

JiriHrdina
09-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by calf@Sep 11 2004, 12:53 AM
The defence is f'n great. Losing the game 44-12 definately wasn't their fault, considering how many points were scored on special teams and turnovers.

Curious stat at how bad the offence isThey have 18 points in their last 3 games...and how many of these points came from field goals?. Horrible. I feel bad for the guys kicking ass on the other side of the ball.

Anyone know why Hebert wasn't playing? If anyone deserved to be playing, it's him, not this bum Gatehouse.
I heard something on the fan about an ankle injury. Didn't sound too serious but he was injured tonight.

This new guy looked horrible. Took way too long to get the ball off.

Hebert in general has been a nice addition. One of the few bright spots on the team.

calf
09-11-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina+Sep 11 2004, 12:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JiriHrdina @ Sep 11 2004, 12:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-calf@Sep 11 2004, 12:53 AM
The defence is f'n great.# Losing the game 44-12 definately wasn't their fault, considering how many points were scored on special teams and turnovers.

Curious stat at how bad the offence isThey have 18 points in their last 3 games...and how many of these points came from field goals?.# Horrible.# I feel bad for the guys kicking ass on the other side of the ball.

Anyone know why Hebert wasn't playing?# If anyone deserved to be playing, it's him, not this bum Gatehouse.
I heard something on the fan about an ankle injury. Didn't sound too serious but he was injured tonight.

This new guy looked horrible. Took way too long to get the ball off.

Hebert in general has been a nice addition. One of the few bright spots on the team. [/b][/quote]
Good to know 'bout the injury. Hopefully he recovers soon. I agree he's been pretty solid in his rookie season.

I need to correct the 18 points statement - stamps have scored 26 in the last 3 games. The 18 points is the 6 points per touchdown. The remaining are converts and field goals.

Still bad.

Papa Gino
09-11-2004, 10:30 AM
cept for the defence, we suck.

flambers
09-11-2004, 11:32 AM
I agree the defense has played well. My concerns is the QB, There is no-one on the Stamps team. Look at Winnipeg they sign a NFL cut - QB. The Stamps need some serious help scouting the American talent.

monty_
09-11-2004, 10:02 PM
They are close to possibly beeing the worst. It seems like they are always finding different ways to lose football games-getting punts blocked, fumbles, interceptions, missed field goals, bad field position, players just dropping the ball, QB's getting sacked, stupid penalties, etc. They always seem to shoot themselves in the foot, which is too bad because our defence has been really good this year, considering what they have had to deal with.

pope04
09-12-2004, 08:29 PM
I don't know if anything could be worse than being a Stamp fan in the early to mid eighties. This is pretty bad though, especially after the good decade of the nineties. Oh, well: It'll just feel that much sweeter when the Stamps turn the ship around.

8 Ball
09-13-2004, 10:10 AM
We are a Q.B. and a running back away from being a decent team. It just seems like the wost Stamps team of all time because of how awful the offence is.

moon
09-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 8 Ball@Sep 13 2004, 04:10 PM
We are a Q.B. and a running back away from being a decent team. It just seems like the wost Stamps team of all time because of how awful the offence is.
The offensive line is very weak and if we had a decent O-Line Ithink it would help both Ike and whoever is playing QB.

I would like to see an upgrade at both RB and QB but unless we improve the O-Line I doubt we will have much more improvement especially in the running game.

8 Ball
09-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by moon+Sep 13 2004, 10:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (moon @ Sep 13 2004, 10:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-8 Ball@Sep 13 2004, 04:10 PM
The offensive line is very weak and if we had a decent O-Line Ithink it would help both Ike and whoever is playing QB.

I would like to see an upgrade at both RB and QB but unless we improve the O-Line I doubt we will have much more improvement especially in the running game.[/b][/quote]
Granted we don't have the best O-line in the league, but the Stamps have no running scheme at all. The best O-line in the league couldn't make any of our Q.B.'s play better IMO.

If they had a Q.B. like Kahari Jones and a R.B. like Pringle,or Roberts, or Davis I think they would definately be playoff bound at the very least. And thats without changing a single other player.