PDA

View Full Version : Stupid *&$%#@^ BellExpressVu

Rejean31
09-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Is anyone else in here an ExpressVu subscriber? I am pretty ticked off right now because for some ungodly reason ExpressVu is saying that this Edmonton/Calgary football game is blacked out in ALL OF ALBERTA. They're full of crap because I talked to the Eskimos head office today and the blackout rules in the CFL are for the home city and a 56 kilometre radius around that city. But for some reason ExpressVu subscribers are being blacked out. I talked to someone with Starchoice and they are getting the game. Stupid *&^%% ExpressVu!!

Fire
09-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Consider yourself lucky.

Rejean31
09-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Fire@Sep 11 2004, 03:38 AM
Consider yourself lucky.
Still, it is the principle of the thing. I'm getting screwed out of something I paid for. The Stamps may suck, but I still want to watch them.

calgaryred
09-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Lots of times on Bell Express Vu when a game is blacked out even if it's been lifted the black out will stand. Go to TSN alternate I think it's channel 403. Anyways it's the channel after TSN you should see it on that station. TSN Alternate is the channel people in that region would see on cable (alternate programming). If the blackout has been lifted you should be able to see the game there. For that's what the region is seeing on TSN at that time on cable.

Fuzzy McGillicuddy
09-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Rejean31@Sep 10 2004, 09:34 PM
Is anyone else in here an ExpressVu subscriber? I am pretty ticked off right now because for some ungodly reason ExpressVu is saying that this Edmonton/Calgary football game is blacked out in ALL OF ALBERTA. They're full of crap because I talked to the Eskimos head office today and the blackout rules in the CFL are for the home city and a 56 kilometre radius around that city. But for some reason ExpressVu subscribers are being blacked out. I talked to someone with Starchoice and they are getting the game. Stupid *&^%% ExpressVu!!
Where are you? I have Bell and got the game fine. I agree it may have been better if I hadn't. http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/html/emoticons/thumbdown.gif

Rejean31
09-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Thanks, calgaryred. I did try that unfortunately that station was showing the 82 Grey Cup game. Did you get the game on the tube in Calgary? If so, do you have sattelite or cable?

flambers
09-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Rejean31@Sep 10 2004, 08:34 PM
I have Express Vu and had no problems. I live in Calgary.

Deelow
09-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Where do live live Rejean? I thought you were in Edmonton?

calgaryred
09-11-2004, 05:18 PM
I switched from Bell to Star Choice 3 months ago cause I got a better deal. Is your smart card have Edmonton as your address or Calgary/ it sounds like your receiver gets it's signals from up north.

ken0042
09-11-2004, 08:09 PM
Here's why this happened:
http://www.cfl.ca/CFLSchedules04/blackout.html

calgaryred
09-11-2004, 09:29 PM
I would be screaming for a free movie! That's a joke!

Rejean31
09-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ken0042@Sep 12 2004, 02:09 AM
Here's why this happened:
http://www.cfl.ca/CFLSchedules04/blackout.html
Thanks Ken for that link. That explains things better than anything I got from ExpressVu customer service yesterday. Seems strange that the people I talked to at ExpressVu didn't know this. I live over 100 kilometres outside of Edmonton so I should damn well be getting the Edmonton home games. They better get this problem fixed quickly or I'll be demanding SEVERAL free movies, CalgaryRed. :D