PDA

View Full Version : Penalty Settings

KevanGuy
09-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Just wondering if it is possible to slightly turn down the penalty settings? Maybe cut down on the 6 - 10 PP's per team per game?

Even adjusting the number of majors would help. i.e. the kicking, boarding, kneeing, head butting, crosschecking majors. I guess the high sticking majors happen somewhat regularly, but the others are pretty rare. In just the games today there were 12 majors assessed.

Not bitching, just a suggestion/inquire.

JohnnyFlame
09-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Excellent suggesting KevanGuy. The number and types of majors is disproportionate to reality by too large a gap.

Mccree
09-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyFlame@Sep 8 2004, 06:12 PM
Excellent suggesting KevanGuy. The number and types of majors is disproportionate to reality by too large a gap.
Good Idea but perhaps this is the CPHL crack-down on obstruction. :unsure:

MJK
09-08-2004, 07:32 PM
We don't see majors in the NHL that often so I agree that they could be turned down a bit.

flambers
09-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Interesting post, I have never really noticed before. The total penalty's seem okay in my opinion but the major's seem high. Below is a summary from today's games:

1 - Boarding Major
1 - Kicking Major
4 - High-sticking Majors
2 - Charging Majors
2 - Cross-Checking Majors
1 - Head-Butting Major
1 - Elbowintg Major

Total - 12 Majors in 15 Games. Not sure if thats high or not. I have never followed the avg PIM before.

Thunderball
09-08-2004, 08:19 PM
The Major Penalties are a tad high, I agree... if there's some sort of setting control, that would be great if you could notch it down one.

If not, I can live with it I guess.

Fire
09-08-2004, 10:27 PM
Probably a good idea but is it even possible to modify the sim to do that? I don't know, Cheese would know.

underdawg
09-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Great suggestion!!!

I havent really thought we could make changes like that...

Cheese
09-09-2004, 05:53 AM
I think that in exhibition mode things "appear" a little more out of whack than normal. I hope. The setting can be adjusted lower, but presently it is where it was last year during the season.
So whats wrong with a little goonery? You guys religous left wing pacifists?