PDA

View Full Version : Ducks make a splash

stackthepads
09-06-2004, 05:07 PM
The Anaheim Mighty Ducks have made a big trade to fill the holes at center. Coming to Anaheim are centers Victor Kozlov, Matt Cullen, and rejoining the Ducks is D-Man Khavanov. Leaving the Ducks for New Jersey is Jamie Lundmark, a 1st and 3rd pick. It is widely believed that the 1st round pick that was traded will be a top 3 pick.

"It seems like a good trade for us, but lots of people should not forget that the pick we gave is New Jersey pick, and it seems that they will have a high pick at the moment, most likely a top 3. If it turns out to be the 1st pick then we just traded Crosby, it was a risky move but one that we felt we had to make, to make a push now."

JohnnyFlame
09-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Ahhh the wicked overpayment for the I have my pick and can out tank you for Crosby deal. Be interesting to see who picks up the sponsorship dough for most losses and gets the cash and Crosby for doing so.

flambers
09-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyFlame@Sep 6 2004, 05:31 PM
Ahhh the wicked overpayment for the I have my pick and can out tank you for Crosby deal. Be interesting to see who picks up the sponsorship dough for most losses and gets the cash and Crosby for doing so.
If there is a lockout, that lasts over 1 year. I heard the NHL draft will not happen. That would make it even more interesting.........

JohnnyFlame
09-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Hmmm methinks if Cheese finishes last there will be a special ruling that the CPHL will make their draft picks anyway!!!

Sylvanfan
09-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Draft lottery anyone?? :D

Sample00
09-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Sylvanfan@Sep 8 2004, 10:30 PM
Draft lottery anyone?? :D
NOT!!! :D

Cheese
09-09-2004, 12:03 PM
so I try responding to this and a note pops up....Flood control is stopping me from responding! :blink: Hurricane Frances has hit CP? WTF? :rolleyes:

Anyways...it would not be a draft lottery as we will be playing our season and lowest ranked team gets #1. If the NHL doesnt draft we will have more homework to do....well see who is really a good prospect hunter!