PDA

View Full Version : Capitals a team of the future?

JohnnyFlame
09-06-2004, 08:22 AM
Looks like the Capitals who finished in 1st place last year are once again a team to contend with but are they a team of the future? Comments given in the "prospect watch" indicated other than Fluery and Gaborik they were looking very thin in the youth department.

Well the Capitals are now the 6th youngest team in the league. Having acquired through trade(not the draft-in fact JohnnyFlame has never sat at the draft table and selected a young player) the likes of Cheechoo, Kalinin, Foster, Stone, Taffe, Yonkman, Tollefson, Montoya, Bellamy etc. Fluery and Montoya as a goaltending future, Cheechoo and Gaborik scoring, and some solid dmen on the way.

So the youngest teams with lots of promise for the future are chock full of draft picks? Perhaps!!! But it ain't the only way to get it done!!!!!!

Methinks Cheese and soon Axemann will show that you can turn around a team very quickly without nary a pick being made!!!!

MJK
09-06-2004, 10:09 AM
I am willing to argue that the Panthers have just as many if not more good prospects than most teams.

Hunter, Ryder, King, Verbata, Kotalik and Saprykin all in the CPHL already.

Guys like Moore, Rita, Vellieux, Aulin and Tukonen coming up!

Watch out Capitals, the Panthers will soon top you in the standings.

MJK
09-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Oh, did I mention that I have the following picks in this years draft?

1st, 2nd(det), 2nd(mon), 2nd(phi), 2nd(tb), 2nd(van), 3rd(bos), 3rd(edm), 3rd, 3rd(phi), 3rd(van)

Thats right...

:D