PDA

View Full Version : oxygen product helps

hereandthere
12-07-2005, 10:06 PM
I have an oxygen product that may help if you have the flu or cold. The web addresse is:
www.oxylifehelps.net (http://www.oxylifehelps.net)

I have been on it for the last 3 years and it really helps. I don't get colds or the flu and I work in a hospital. On the website the price is in american funds, I can sell it for the same price Canadian.

troutman
12-08-2005, 10:37 AM
That seems a bit dubious:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/oxygen.html

Oxygenation therapists proposed that disease is caused by absence of oxygen and loss of cellular ability to use oxygen for "good energy" metabolism, detoxification, and immune system function. Oxygen therapies are proposed in order to restore the body's ability to produce "good" energy, to "detoxify" metabolic poisons, and to kill invading organisms. However, over the five decades that have passed since this concept was proposed, scientists have shown that:

Anerobic energy metabolism (fermentation) is not the cause of cancer.
Koch's glyoxylide does not exist.
Ingestion, infusion, or injection of hydrogen peroxide cannot re-oxygenate the tissues of the body.
Ozone-treated blood infused during autohemotherapy does not kill AIDS virus in vivo. What is the "scientific proof"?

Superfraggle
12-08-2005, 12:53 PM
try drinking lots of water first... hydration is the best prevention method AND cure...for everything.

hereandthere
12-08-2005, 02:39 PM
I sent a sample to a lab in Calgary and they said there was oxygen in it. One of my customers took it for the first time and she said it was the best sleep that she had in a long time. There is something about adding extra oxygen to our sleep when we sleep. CPAP machines do wonders for people with sleep apnea.:)

troutman
12-08-2005, 03:01 PM
I sent a sample to a lab in Calgary and they said there was oxygen in it.

So what?

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/oxyscams.html

Oxygenated water (also known as "superoxygenated" water) is offered at hundreds of Web sites. I highly recommend it if you happen to be a fish, but if you have lungs that breathe air, then forget about it!

You will get infinitely more oxygen in your body from taking a deep breath, than by ingesting a pill.

One of my customers took it for the first time and she said it was the best sleep that she had in a long time.

Anecdotal evidence and testimonials are so unreliable. People selling snake oil always resort to this.

There is something about adding extra oxygen to our sleep when we sleep. CPAP machines do wonders for people with sleep apnea

The web-site mentions "scientific proof", but provides none, again a typical tactic of snake oil salesmen. Please direct me to even one peer reviewed scientific study in a reputable medical journal that confirms an "oxygen product that may help if you have the flu or cold". I doubt there is one, but if this is true, I'll be the the first in line to buy this product.

Superfraggle
12-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Just to clarify...I didn't mean drink lots of water and then take the pill....I meant drink lots of water and check out the results before you try things like this pill. I realize now that that was pretty ambiguous in my post.