PDA

View Full Version : [Game Takes] Flames 4 Flyers 0

Bingo
10-30-2021, 11:13 PM
Game Takes: Flames 4 Flyers 0 (https://www.calgarypuck.com/2021/10/game-takes-flames-4-flyers-0/)

- 3 shut outs in four games for Markstrom
- Gaudreau and Tkachuk score again
- Tanev and Kylington dominant
- That's 6 in a row baby!

FanIn80
10-30-2021, 11:14 PM
I'm out of thanks, so thanks!

Strange Brew
10-31-2021, 12:02 AM
Comments that stuck out:

80%+ plus possession for Kylington and Tanev.
Coaching matters.
Interference on the Provorov play a la Gio, who also had a nasty habit of sticking his leg out.

Just a note on the Cassie comments. I don’t pay much attention to the color person but she is getting worse. I’m sure she works at it but do these people not have producers and others who can help them get better?

DeluxeMoustache
10-31-2021, 12:11 AM
Coaching matters

This team looks like they may never lose again. lol

BigRed
10-31-2021, 06:46 AM
Numbers show it but Zadorov was bad. Again. Amazing how he can’t do anything with the puck; but was also surprised to see him regularly outmuscled by smaller players down low.

Valimaki is very clearly a superior player. Wonder why Z drew in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSquatch
10-31-2021, 08:01 AM
Zadorov in against a big bodied team with the assumption that he'd find some game.

Everyone else found theirs seemingly so that's the good news.

Gaudreau looks like he's off of whatever bad trip last year was about. Engaged and genuinely dangerous.

I don't know whether to hope for an Eichel deal or not.

Bingo
10-31-2021, 09:36 AM
Comments that stuck out:

80%+ plus possession for Kylington and Tanev.
Coaching matters.
Interference on the Provorov play a la Gio, who also had a nasty habit of sticking his leg out.

Just a note on the Cassie comments. I don’t pay much attention to the color person but she is getting worse. I’m sure she works at it but do these people not have producers and others who can help them get better?

It's almost like she got on a track (leg sticking out) and that's all she could see.

The whole point is you can't hit a guy once the puck is by you. There is a line and a time period where it's a call or non call and that should have been the discussion.

The fact that they didn't call it and gave Calgary the extra was pretty silly. An even up because of retaliation would have made some sense, but that was a penalty in my mind or at least something close enough that it should have been pointed out.

As I said in the story Giordano did that all the time and I held my breath on all of them because they all look like two minutes.

Bingo
10-31-2021, 09:39 AM
Zadorov in against a big bodied team with the assumption that he'd find some game.

Everyone else found theirs seemingly so that's the good news.

Gaudreau looks like he's off of whatever bad trip last year was about. Engaged and genuinely dangerous.

I don't know whether to hope for an Eichel deal or not.

The Zadorov / Gudbranson pairing was pretty poor .. something we all would have expected when the season started, but with Gudbranson's start to the season it's hard not to look at Zadorov for the result.

I'd assume Valimaki back in.

And I would think Sutter may be happy to have the more expensive Zadorov watching more often than not if he can't simplify things in his own zone.

Having said all that I certainly didn't have a "Zadorov CAM" in my house last night seeing where the issues were.

sa226
10-31-2021, 11:12 AM
I'd need to see some old tape of Zadorov to see how he plays, when he plays "well"

So far he looks lost, Indecisive, zero confidence. He seemed to just glide around the D zone. Something just seems off with his play. It's one thing to be a not very good player, it's another to have zero assertiveness with your game.

If there's any system where a player with a limited skillset can succeed, it's under Sutter, so hopefully Zadorov can find his game.

Strange Brew
10-31-2021, 12:39 PM
It's almost like she got on a track (leg sticking out) and that's all she could see.

The whole point is you can't hit a guy once the puck is by you. There is a line and a time period where it's a call or non call and that should have been the discussion.

The fact that they didn't call it and gave Calgary the extra was pretty silly. An even up because of retaliation would have made some sense, but that was a penalty in my mind or at least something close enough that it should have been pointed out.

As I said in the story Giordano did that all the time and I held my breath on all of them because they all look like two minutes.

I agree. I’d like to see those penalties called every time (because you’re almost always looking at a breakaway or odd man rush). It should be an automatic.