PDA

View Full Version : Canada robbed...

browna
09-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Absolute disgrace from the Mexican Referee....you'd think he sees enough diving in Mexican leagues to have some expereince making calls.

1) 8 Mins left, ref calls a penalty, when the Honduran player slips of the crappy Commenwealth turf, not tackled.
2)2 mins later, Hoduran player goes down in his own box, not touched, and ref blows it down as ball goes in for Canada.

Playing as many years of soccer as I have, its plain and clear that central and south american referees will stick by thier cetnral/south american "friends"...and the central and south american players know exactly how to milk that relationship.

Canada will have a very very tough road to the WC with only 1 point out of 2 games at home. This was a big loss of 3 points that the Mexaicn ref stole from Canada.

Jagger
09-04-2004, 11:11 PM
You're not kidding! I've seen lot's of bad decisions in my many years watching football but that was up there amonst the very worst. Two incredibly ridiculous decisions within the space of a few minutes. It was unbelievable. I was willing to give the ref the benefit of the doubt with the pen as it happened quickly and given his angle it might have looked like contact was made, especially with the nature of the last ditch tackle. However, it was still a poor decision that most refs wouldn't have given. The goal Canada scored a few minutes later though, that the ref called back, does make you wonder whether something else was afoot. The Canadian never touched the player at all and this time it looked totally obvious to me. Another brutal decision and seemingly typical of the Concacaf competition. I used to think that the standard of European refereeing was bad but compared to this it's excellent.

No wonder the Canadians were gutted after the match.

Oxygen-Supply
09-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Just got back from the game, my voice hurts. :angry: to much yelling and booing.

:D but it was a good turn out, more then I thought. The Sport is growing, but the other team had about 40% of the fans on there side.

troutman
09-06-2004, 05:48 PM
If there was any bias, I doubt Mexicans have any affection for Honduras.