PDA

View Full Version : Want The Stamps To Be Good Again?

I_H8_Crawford
07-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Just like the thread says. This team has hit the toilet ever since Feterik has taken over ownership.

Here we have a guy who doesn't care about football, the CFL, this city, or even making a profit off of this team. All he wants is his little boy to be a starting "pro" QB so he can brag to his yacht club buddies.

How much better would Barker's team have been last year if we'd had one of Kennedy, Dickenson, Burris as starting QB as opposed to Crandell and Feterik?? ANY owner that gave a sh*t about this team would have given Barker the go-ahead to sign Dickenson or Burris, and would NOT have forced Kennedy to be off the team...

We can blame the coaching staff and the players as much as we like, but IMO the real problem lies at the very top of the organization. As long as Feterik is running this circus, we're NEVER going to field a good team. We need him out of here moreso than Jenkins or anyone else.

Pagal4321
07-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Totally Totally agreed. As I said in th eother thread, "bring Back Fateri". Starts from the top, ALWAYS! But even if we had a different owner this season and still that IDIOT Jenkins we'd still be in the toilet. But Feterik is the problem. I really realy liked Barker and was not very happy to see him gone. with abetter QB comes a better team in the CFL. And our AMERICAN owner, who doesn't understand football, will never understand that.

calf
07-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Totally agree!!

Look at the turnaround in Hamilton this season (the first part at least)...a committed and excited owner can do wonders - a bit of a trickle down effect maybe?

Good luck getting a private owner of a business to sell if he doesn't want to. Maybe the league can revoke his ownership somehow????

pope04
07-30-2004, 10:47 AM
The way the "F-Troop" handled the Wally situation was disgusting, too. I got sick of listening to Fateri talk about the compensation package he wanted for a coach that they obviously didn't want. The way Barker was punted a couple of days before Christmas was putrid. This was at one time the flagship franchise of the CFL. Now it is sinking fast.

Calgary Flames
07-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by pope04@Jul 30 2004, 10:47 AM
The way the "F-Troop" handled the Wally situation was disgusting, too. I got sick of listening to Fateri talk about the compensation package he wanted for a coach that they obviously didn't want. The way Barker was punted a couple of days before Christmas was putrid. This was at one time the flagship franchise of the CFL. Now it is sinking fast.
IMO it's already completely submerged...

dirk diggler
07-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Wally and stan scwartz and even Sig Gutsche always were about the team and it was the flagship franchise for a long time.. now it is a joke. If Rooke would not be so concerned about looking like he is trying out for Canadian Idol and Feterick cared, this would be a good team. the defense is not bad at all, the offense needs someone who can actually come up with a game plan.. wally must be laughing inside right now, as is Jim Barker. i never thought i would see this sad day for our football team.... you can lose with class and dignity or you can lose the feterick way...

CaptainCrunch
07-30-2004, 11:18 AM
The one thing that Feterik has done right was that he paid the bills and actually put money into the team and the Stadium.

If he was a hands off owner he'd be ok

We don't want to go back to the days of the Larry Rickmans or Sig Guetze(sp?) where this franchise was always cash poor.

I think we should keep Feterik as the owner and look at getting somebody with a clear football vision as the club president. Ron Rooke is not going to cut it.

JiriHrdina
07-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Well according to Marty York (who is usually wrong about stuff) a sale could happen, and if so Dunnigan could be removed:

Sportsnet Column (http://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/columnist.jsp?content=20040729_104912_4944)

calf
07-30-2004, 11:27 AM
How long has Marty Dork been saying the team's sale is imminent? I'll believe it when I see it, although if anything, the sale will happen all-of-the sudden and be entirely shocking. His mention of George Cortez talking with the ownership group is making me excited - he was about as key, if not more, to the glory years of the '90s as Wally Buono.

But, I've said it before, I don't want to see Dunnigan leave the team. He should stay in some capacity to learn how to coach under someone experienced - maybe as the new OC?

calgaryred
07-30-2004, 12:36 PM
I don't think Barker was given the chance to prove himself at all. Getting rid of Dunigan isn't the answer though. To me getting a decent running game and a quarterback that's confident game in and out is essential. Changing coaches in the off season did nothing to improve the problems. If Barker was still here I don't think Crandell would be wearing a Stamps jersey.

AvengeR
07-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by calf@Jul 30 2004, 04:25 PM
Totally agree!!

Look at the turnaround in Hamilton this season (the first part at least)...a committed and excited owner can do wonders - a bit of a trickle down effect maybe?

Good luck getting a private owner of a business to sell if he doesn't want to. Maybe the league can revoke his ownership somehow????
He does want to sell. He is asking for $10 million. There was a story this off season in the local paper that which stated that one of the groups looking to buy the team was willing to only pay $8 million. The Flames said that they would only be interested if they were allowed to pay in yearly installments, but Feterik wanted to be paid the full amount upfront.