PDA

View Full Version : Which player are you dreading that we trade?

FBI
02-23-2020, 10:46 PM
Still Sam Bennett for me. I know I know he’s never going to breakout, but I just have this bad feeling that he would thrive on another team and make us regret it for years. Don’t trade Bennett please.

Honorable mention to Brodie.

TheScorpion
02-23-2020, 10:47 PM
Bennett
Brodie
Talbot
Ryan

mrdonkey
02-23-2020, 10:53 PM
The 1st and 2nd round picks.

Everyone else is fair game.

Saturn
02-23-2020, 10:54 PM
Bennett and Brody

GioforPM
02-23-2020, 10:55 PM
Funny, Treliving hasn’t traded players I’ve actually missed in hindsight. Even Hamilton, who had a great year this year, I don’t miss at all. Maybe Byron but that’s about it.

The picks for some of his trades, sure. But then again, maybe I wouldn’t miss whoever those turned into.

Saturn
Hoping we trade 13 and 23 but I would also probably cry if we did.

Sandman
I would agree with Bennett. It would be just our luck that we trade him, and get to watch him fulfill his potential somewhere else. Then he gets traded to the Oilers to play with his old buddy McDavid, and becomes an even bigger star. Makes me feel like vomiting.

Jiggy_12
02-23-2020, 10:56 PM
The 1st and 2nd round picks.

Everyone else is fair game.

This and Tkachuk/Rasmus. Not that I think we trade either of them or even consider them, but those are my only untouchables.

Anyone else can go if it makes sense. We’ve tried with this group and it ain’t happening.

Saturn
02-23-2020, 10:57 PM
I would agree with Bennett. It would be just our luck that we trade him, and get to watch him fulfill his potential somewhere else. Then he gets traded to the Oilers to play with his old buddy McDavid, and becomes an even bigger star. Makes me feel like vomiting.

On that note would anybody here be ok with Bennett for Puljujarvi + or have we done enough business with NG

topfiverecords
02-23-2020, 10:58 PM
Only 5 guys on my “sad to see go” list. Mangiapane, Lindholm, Tkachuk, Andersson, and Rittich.

GioforPM
02-23-2020, 11:01 PM
On that note would anybody here be ok with Bennett for Puljujarvi + or have we done enough business with NG

“+” is doing a lot of work there. Is it Kailer Yamamoto? RNH? Then maybe yes. Is it their first round pick? OK.

Not much else though.

Manhattanboy
02-23-2020, 11:03 PM
I would be sad to see JG get traded but if we can win the trade I’m in.

Calgary4LIfe
02-23-2020, 11:04 PM
I don't think this team would trade Bennett. Like him or not, he is one of the few players that are difficult to play against. After seeing the Flames way too soft over the last few seasons, and really only having Tkachuck as a player in the top 6 with that sandpaper, I just think it weakens the Flames. The return has to be really good for me to be ok with Bennett being traded, probably more than he is realistically worth.

GranteedEV
02-23-2020, 11:05 PM
Strictly speaking as far as guys who've been mentioned as "touchable" so to speak:

Kylington
Bennett
Brodie
Backlund
Gaudreau

Kylington and Bennett... they remind me of Shea Theodore and Brayden Schenn respectively in that those two just couldn't find a fit on their teams but were clearly really talented players who needed to be unleashed. I'd prefer they be unleashed here unlike the two guys I named who needed a change of scenery, at the expense of their former teams. Actually, I'm of the opinion that Kylington was tracking better at age 20 than Theodore was at 22 and that Bennett is a better 200 foot player than Schenn already. But I understand that these kind of comments are a lightning rod so don't bother responding to it.

Brodie... I think of him as a modern defensive defenseman. He's not a big glass-and-out hulk but the way he shuts down the neutral zone brings back memories of the 90s devils. If we had six of him we'd be a VERY difficult team to score against. He's also been our best Dman in all four playoff series we've played in the last decade. He's young enough that I see him as part of the solution.

Backlund... yeah he's not quite a Bergeron and he has thus far struggled in the playoffs, but I just believe in his game. It's so technically sound to me and while he doesn't have that crazy playmaking talent of a guy like Tkachuk, I don't think it's a problem. He makes this team so much better.

And Gaudreau... what can I say. Just watch his game against the Bruins the other day. In a game with Pastrnak... Bergeron... Marchand... he was making a legitimate case for best player on the ice. When he's skating and using his edgework and competing I don't think there are many better players in the league. I dream of how good he would look with a center like Sidney Crosby to play with. There's obviously something broken about that line, and he shouldn't be absolved of his role in their struggles, or on the powerplay, but I still believe he's a player you win with. It's just going to take a different approach from the one we've employed for five years.

Honestly I'd be really sad to see any of these five go. I know they're all flawed players, whether it's Gaudreau's boardwork or Backlund's PP scoring or Kylington's risk/reward or Brodie's lack of a point shot or Bennett's... well we all know how polarizing he is... but I am willing to live with all their flaws compared to those of others on the roster. I can honestly see each and every one of them being key contributors to a legitimate cup run. I can't bring myself to say that about every player on the roster.

Hi-Psi
02-23-2020, 11:06 PM
Tkachuk, Lindholm, Andersson and Rittich. Those are my untouchables anyway.

FanIn80
02-23-2020, 11:08 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm going to dread seeing Brodie's name in a trade. It's going to be one of those moments where I have to slowly peek at each letter that follows in the thread title so my stress level has time to acclimate.

I know we're not trading Andersson, Rittich, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Valimaki... so other than Bro-dog, the rest of the players I'll just rip the bandaid off for.

Sandman
02-23-2020, 11:16 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm going to dread seeing Brodie's name in a trade. It's going to be one of those moments where I have to slowly peek at each letter that follows in the thread title so my stress level has time to acclimate.

I know we're not trading Andersson, Rittich, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Valimaki... so other than Bro-dog, the rest of the players I'll just rip the bandaid off for.

I have resigned myself to the thought that Brodie will be gone either tomorrow, or in the summer, but even though we have players that could theoretically take his place, I fear that he's a more vital cog in our D than anyone thinks. He's more important to us than he will be to another team, methinks....

dammage79
02-23-2020, 11:22 PM
I would feel dread if they traded any of :
2020 1st round pick
Bennett
Monahan
Tkachuk
Lindholm
Raz
Oliver
Hanifin
Talbot
Valimaki
Zagidulin
Most of our prospects

The rest, I could not feel bad for a decent return.

Aside from Talbot, that should be your locked in core.

Hoop27
02-23-2020, 11:25 PM
Andersson, Tkachuk, and Valamaki. That is all.

dino7c
02-23-2020, 11:27 PM
Gaudreau having a bad year is still the Flames leading scorer...if they trade him it better be a home run. I think many of you should be careful what you wish.

dammage79
02-23-2020, 11:28 PM
Gaudreau having a bad year is still the Flames leading scorer...if they trade him it better be a home run. I think many of you should be careful what you wish.

Your not trading your leading scorer for a song. Not a single person thinks trading Gaudreau is just to get him off this team.

dino7c
02-23-2020, 11:30 PM
Your not trading your leading scorer for a song. Not a single person thinks trading Gaudreau is just to get him off this team.

Maybe I am dreading a bad Gaudreau trade...people are saying they hope we trade 13, I think that's crazy

Icon
02-23-2020, 11:32 PM
Gaudreau because my boys would be crushed. Would be like telling them the dog had to go away to a farm.

Other than that, Tkachuk, Rasmus & Lindholm because I feel they're great pieces to build a team around.

DoubleK
02-23-2020, 11:55 PM
Would be pissed of they moved any of the following unless the return was amazing:

The top 6 forwards,

Derek Ryan,

Any pick less that 4th round, or

D men that wear 4, 55, 8.

Muta
02-24-2020, 12:00 AM
I would be absolutely pissed if they moved Reider. Only because no one has said his name yet and I feel bad for him.

Spinach
02-24-2020, 12:05 AM

The question was, who do we dread being traded, not who do we hope to see moved. It's reasonable to think that trading Gaudreau would yield a big return and potentially fill a hole or two at C, RW or D. It's almost unfathomable that the Flames would get as little back for Gaudreau as they did for, say, Iggy (or other players whom it would be best to leave unnamed).

Of course, it's really unlikely Gaudreau gets moved at this deadline anyway, so it's kind of moot.

I'm with the others who've said the only ones they dread being dealt are Valimaki, Andersson, the 1st, Tkachuk and maybe Lindholm. Also, the idea of Bennett thriving somewhere else while we get some kind of 4-liner or C-prospect back pretty much stinks. But if the return's way higher than I figure they'd get for him, that would ease the sting.

The 1st-rounder & Bennett are the only pieces which both could be moved and which I'd much rather they keep. As long as the return is good, everyone else, even Mangiapane & Hanifin, should be available. Besides the obvious boat anchor contract, there's no one who's healthy who they should just dump.

81MC
02-24-2020, 12:05 AM
Sam
Andrew
Brodie
Rasmus
Matthew
David

FeastersBouwmeesters
02-24-2020, 12:26 AM
Only 5 guys on my “sad to see go” list. Mangiapane, Lindholm, Tkachuk, Andersson, and Rittich.

Same here. Everyone else, as long its for the right deal. I'm willing.

UKflames
02-24-2020, 12:26 AM
2020 1st
Bennett
Hanifin
Kylington

Bennett for me is still young and a slow burn to develop, I still see great things from him.
Hanifin seems to have been in the league a long time but is also still young and defenders take a lot longer to reach their potential. If we trade Hanifin I think we will regret it down the road.

N-E-B
02-24-2020, 12:59 AM
I hate the term “untouchable” because I think there’s only one truly untouchable player in the NHL at any given time and right now it’s probably Connor McDavid, so I don’t think the Flames have any untouchables.

That said, the guys I don’t think would be wise to trade would be Tkachuk, Lindholm, Mangiapane, Rittich, and Andersson. I’m really struggling with Monahan because he’s been my favourite player for 7 years now but I don’t think he can be truly untouchable anymore.

Everyone else can definitely be had for the right price, and I would be okay trading in a package to improve the team.

I don’t think they should sell, and I don’t want them to buy rentals, I’m hoping for a hockey trade of some sort tomorrow.

Dion
02-24-2020, 01:12 AM
At this time of the season nothing would surprise me. I'm hoping for a true hockey trade where we trade a core player for another that would help change the leadership on this team. We have too much talent to be sitting where we are in the standings.

Caged Great
02-24-2020, 02:10 AM
The only guys I'd be angry at are any of the kids on the farm or juniors + Dube/Mangiapane.

Tkachuk Andersson and Lindholm should be virtually untouchable. The draft picks should all be off limits.

After that, meh, depends.

Would not be opposed to a whole host of guys getting dealt. I would be vastly more approving of this team going into seller mode.

robertsfanatic
02-24-2020, 05:00 AM
Monahan mostly (favourite player) but the top 6 and Gio, Rasmus, and Juuso on D.

iloveicedhockey
02-24-2020, 07:22 AM
Lucic because goodness knows what we're giving up to get out from that contract.

PS I actually like having him on the team.

Huntingwhale
02-24-2020, 08:26 AM
Unless Brodie and his agent have straight up told BT they plan on going to UFA in the summer, I will be choked if they trade him. I really don't like the look of the D without Gio, Hamonic or Brodie all gone. That is our top 3 D gone all at once and it will decimate the backend. Brodie has been great most of the season and I see him as someone who will age well. I hope someway, somehow they can re-sign him to a deal that works for both sides.

Would much rather see Hamonic traded and Brodie brought back. If vice versa happens, I will see that as a disaster.

Displaced Flames fan
02-24-2020, 08:47 AM
Bennett for sure. Brodie if he wants to resign.

There are others but don't think there is any chance they are traded so no dread over them.