PDA

View Full Version : Wild welcome back Sundstrom

JiriHrdina
09-02-2004, 06:56 PM
The Minnesota Wild are pleased to announce the re-acquisition of forward Niklas Sundstrom. The Wild have traded forward Ville Nieminen and a second round pick in exchange for Sundstrom and a third rounder.

“Nik was one of the unrestricted free agents I had hoped to retain when I took over this team, however at the time our budget would not allow us to make him an offer. However, when the opportunity arose to bring him back into the fold we jumped at it” states Wild GM Grant Farhall.

“Nik is a versatile, effective player that shores up our third line. He’s a great skater, and very defensively responsible. We think that our third line of Sundstrom, Sillinger and Lapointe gives us a very effective checking line. However, we are also confident that if need be Nik can take on additional minutes if we run into injuries. The fact that he plays all three forward positions gives us a great deal of flexibility. We also like the fact that he’s signed for 3 years at an affordable amount. I’ve spoken personally with Nik and he is looking forward to coming back to the Twin Cities.”