PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Head-to-Head NFL Pool

Ottoman Empire
08-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Just thought I would see if there are any harcore NFL CP'ers out there who would be interested in joining an intensive NFL pool. With the NHL all but doomed, I figure we need some pool action in another sport.

I am the commish and have run it for 3 years, it's pretty fun and free. We have 7 returnees, 2 new guys and need 3 more for a fully functional 12-team league. It's pretty much for the hardcores only as we have 25 draft rounds!! 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 Team Def, 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB and 11 bench spots for a roster of 25 players on each team.

Info you need to sign up for:

Go to the link and register(you need a Yahoo email address), then sign up for the league:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

When you log in, choose "Join a Custom League" and then use this info to get in:

League ID: 382793
Pass: Vancouver

The draft is a live one and is on Wednesday, SEPT 1st AT 7 PM Vancouver time. 8 pm in Calgary. Would be great to fill these last 3 spots quickly. Good luck!

Displaced Flames fan
08-30-2004, 09:17 PM
I took the plunge. It's been a few years since I was involved in a league like this and I've missed it. Thanks for the invite!

Ottoman Empire
08-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan@Aug 30 2004, 08:17 PM
I took the plunge. It's been a few years since I was involved in a league like this and I've missed it. Thanks for the invite!
Awesome! Good to see, DFF. It's a fun league, everyone is casual and totally into it, some good mannered trash talk too. See you at the draft on Wed.

For anyone else out there, we have 1 spot left!

Cheers,

InSutterWeTrust
08-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Im in! I wont be available for the draft, I have to work and I dont have the net, so I will just pre rank my players hopefully I get a decent team, Good luck to everyone

Ottoman Empire
08-31-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by InSutterWeTrust@Aug 30 2004, 10:25 PM
Im in! I wont be available for the draft, I have to work and I dont have the net, so I will just pre rank my players hopefully I get a decent team, Good luck to everyone
Thx for entering, InSutterWeTrust! I should have added we really want everyone present at the draft. In years past, when one doesn't show up and the computer picks, it waits the full minute and a half before choosing, very annoying to everyone who shows up. I am praying they have fixed this issue and it picks as soon as it goes to you. Cheers,

Ottoman Empire
08-31-2004, 10:51 AM
One spot left!! Who wants it? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

Lurch
08-31-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm in. Looking forward to this!!

Ottoman Empire
08-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Lurch@Aug 31 2004, 11:21 AM
Awesome! We now have a fully functional 12-team league. 7 returnees from last year and 5 newcomers, 4 of the 12 are CPers. Here's to smashmouth, sod-in-helmet, gridiron madness! Cheers!

Displaced Flames fan
08-31-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Lurch@Aug 31 2004, 06:21 PM
Maybe I should rename my team to the Montana Missionaries to more accurately reflect my political views. :P

Ottoman Empire
09-01-2004, 01:02 PM
If any of you guys can't make it, please, please pre-rank your players. I just got a message from Yahoo that says it will take the full 90 seconds for the computer to pick if a manager that doesn't attend that draft doesn't pre-rank his players.