PDA

View Full Version : [Trade] Canadiens acquire Nesterov from Tampa for Racine and 2017 6th round pick

sureLoss
01-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva
Les @CanadiensMTL font l'acquisition d'un défenseur, Nikita Nesterov du Lightning contre Jonathan Racine et un choix de 6ème ronde en 2017.

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva
Lightning trade Nikita Nesterov to @CanadiensMTL for Jonathan Racine and and a 6th round pick in 2017. Help was needed art the blue line.

bigrangy
01-26-2017, 05:08 PM
That's the price for Nesterov?

What the crap Brad get on this

FBI
01-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Isn't Nesterov good?

TheScorpion
01-26-2017, 05:12 PM
This is a hilarious trade. Treliving should have been on this.

bigrangy
01-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Nesterov isn't even super good but a 6th and a contract is way too little to pay for a player who will be a very capable 3rd pairing guy.

calgaryblood
01-26-2017, 05:28 PM
Don't see how he'd be an upgrade on Jokipakka so don't see the outrage. Pretty sure Tampa didn't just let one team know he was available.

He's nothing special.

Knut
01-26-2017, 05:33 PM
I think people get him and Namestnikov mixed up. Nesterov is a dime a dozen dman.

IgiTang
01-27-2017, 08:48 AM
I think people get him and Namestnikov mixed up. Nesterov is a dime a dozen dman.

And all the ... what the crap Brad?... there are 28 other teams that didn't try to out bid the Habs as well, so why is Brad the one who dropped the ball?

Simply put, he didn't. And the optics of people complaining don't make you look like you know what you're taking about..

Cleveland Steam Whistle
01-27-2017, 08:55 AM
A trade was made!!!!!!?????? What the hell are we paying our GM for, why wasn't he in on it? Also, while he's at it, he better not trade any of our players...........that makes me nervous, they might be good one day and that will bite us in the ass, except for our goalies........you can trade them..........except for Johnson, I think he's the next Dubnyk........but man our goaltending sucks. Also, he better not trade with any team that I might perceive won a trade with us 20 years ago, when both teams had different general managers. We always get owned when we trade with those teams, and their players are always overrated, because of the media, or the system, or both.

EldrickOnIce
01-27-2017, 08:59 AM
Nesterov is pretty much meh, but is 23, and the acquisition cost was basically zero.
Good deal for Habs. As they say, you can't have enough D men, and let's face it - they are a team with a chance come spring.
Bergevin has made a lot of these kind of deals. Most haven't amounted to anything, some have turned out nicely.

savardandjokinen
01-27-2017, 02:07 PM
Main reason this trade was made was because Nesterov wanted out of tampa bay.

greentree
01-27-2017, 04:17 PM
Bergevin loves the Russians, and the Russians love Montreal. Total win for the Habs.