PDA

View Full Version : Flames/Devils BLOCKBUSTER deal

transplant99
08-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Wasting no time in following up on his words of earlier today, Flame GM T99 put an exclamation point on his deals to make the Calgary Flames, this years prohibitive favorite to win the coveted CPHL Cup.

After a long day of back and forth sessions with all kinds of names being bandied about, the two Gm's shook hands on a deal that will send shockwaves throughout the CPHL.

Heading to the west's newest powerhouse are top notch center Robert Lang as well as perrenial allstar dman Mathieu Schnieder.

In exchange it appears that the Flames have sold the future for the present as heading to the Meadowlands are RW Nik Hagman, D Chris Philips, C Mike Richards, Dman Kevin Klein and 2 2nd rd draft picks along with the fulfillment of a futures trade made last year.

GM T99 was beaming like a man with a pint of Jack Daniels in him when he briefly appeared before the press and stated " I am now confident that we are the best team in hockey...anywhere. As such i have the greatest of expectations and will settle for nothing less than a 55 win season along with a championship".

There is a possibility of another deal however, after T99 hinted there was one more set of talks going on.

Sample00
08-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Changes were coming after a disappointing finish to last season.

In an attempt to rebuild after last years disappointing season, the Devils have shipped Superstar Robert Lang and Defenseman Matt Schneider to the Flames for Winger Niklas Hagman, D Chris Philips, prospects Mike Richards and Kevin Klein along with 2 second round draft picks.

GM Axmann was quoted as saying that this makes our team younger and gives us some hope for the future. Lang and Schneider are both great players but Lang was to become and UFA at the end of this year and we felt we were able to give up Schneider as we have Ragnarsson and Phillips in the lineup now.

The wheeling and dealing is not done yet in NJ. Stay tuned for more.

transplant99
08-29-2004, 07:18 PM
After all the dust settled...here is what transpired in Calgary in the last 48 hours.

Out- Ozolinsh, Saprykin, Philips, Hagman Richards and 3 picks.

IN- Brindamour, Blake Lang Schneider.

Clearly a long term loss for a short term gain.

And more to come possibly!

FlamesFanFromBC
08-30-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm beginning to think Tranny & GerryCheevers are the same person. ;)

Cheese
08-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by FlamesFanFromBC@Aug 30 2004, 01:08 PM
I'm beginning to think Tranny & GerryCheevers are the same person. ;)
ugh! :o :blink:
Im MUCH MUCH better looking that tranny! B)